+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 LastLast
Results 901 to 915 of 945

Reload Thread: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

  1. #901
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Tx/Ada, Ok
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jasoncmarsh View Post
    can someone explain where exactly to connect wires to a 2001 malibu to do the big 3?
    throughout all 61 pages of this thread.. im sure thats covered about 186,756,987 times.







  2. #902
    bcdinh's Avatar
    bcdinh is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    Anyone knows a good website that sells wire by the foot to do this BIG3 job? Thank you in advance!




  3. #903
    miker's Avatar
    miker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wayzata, MN
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bcdinh View Post
    Anyone knows a good website that sells wire by the foot to do this BIG3 job? Thank you in advance!
    AUTOZONE.. Just went in the other day to buy wire lug terminals and found that have various sizes of 4g wire with lugs on both ends for a fair price. I believe its is 20" 36" 40" 60".

    I bought 40" (for alternator power wire) with lugs on it for 7$ or $8. Really heavy duty wire insulation too, good for in the engine compartment.

    I'm sure 4g won't cut it for everyone one, however it is still a huge improvement from your cars 10g or 8g wire.


    Now I have a question. I have no knowledge of engines. What exactly is the engine block and where is it safe to ground on it?



    REFS:
    Sold to- Sky Deaner, Jeeper07, brazilianguy, bjl95mustang, Mr Wiggl3s, Ridinhi (x2), Pootie

    Bought from- kurtdirt1, jmanpc, doingstuffwell

    Traded with- DaGhost, Spooney

  4. #904
    dirtyunclerandy's Avatar
    dirtyunclerandy is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by miker View Post
    AUTOZONE.. Just went in the other day to buy wire lug terminals and found that have various sizes of 4g wire with lugs on both ends for a fair price. I believe its is 20" 36" 40" 60".

    I bought 40" (for alternator power wire) with lugs on it for 7$ or $8. Really heavy duty wire insulation too, good for in the engine compartment.

    I'm sure 4g won't cut it for everyone one, however it is still a huge improvement from your cars 10g or 8g wire.


    Now I have a question. I have no knowledge of engines. What exactly is the engine block and where is it safe to ground on it?

    check out the big three upgrade videos on youtube.



    now 2012 Kia Optima SX

    DD M1C
    Sundown E10s

  5. #905
    _dontaskwhy's Avatar
    _dontaskwhy is online now Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    my wires from the battery to amp are 4awg db link i think its cca. i have a piece of rockford fosgate 4awg but i think its ofc. would it be safe to use that from the alt to the battery? with 100A fuse




  6. #906
    CHEMMINS's Avatar
    CHEMMINS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Nevernever Land
    Posts
    4,081
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    Yes. OFC is better than CCA.



    References:
    kmarei, ge_off_me, AudioPipe, slim2fattycake, Louisiana_CRX, ARMed&Bangin, EXTREMECHEVYMAN, Dpc69ss, Psychoacoustics, Shinju, jonny101abc, snoopdan

    BUYING SILVER TOP TRF MOTORS



  7. Thanks _dontaskwhy thanked for this post
  8. #907
    ace_800's Avatar
    ace_800 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    Ok, here's a quick question on this. My battery is located behind my passenger seat, alt is obviously in the engine bay. I have a jumper terminal in the engine bay that is constantly hooked to the battery via 4ga wiring, so if needed I can get a jumpstart. I was originally going to just run a 0ga from the alt to the positive jumper and then the other grounds as normal. However thinking about it, that 0ga is only going to the jumper terminal and then 4ga to the actual battery. So is it even going to help? I know it would be better just to go straight from the alt to battery, but getting into the cabin is a PITA.



    Current set up: Island bombed out 92 mazda 626. Stock rust bucket

    66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.


  9. #908
    _dontaskwhy's Avatar
    _dontaskwhy is online now Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    thanks




  10. #909
    ace_800's Avatar
    ace_800 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ace_800 View Post
    Ok, here's a quick question on this. My battery is located behind my passenger seat, alt is obviously in the engine bay. I have a jumper terminal in the engine bay that is constantly hooked to the battery via 4ga wiring, so if needed I can get a jumpstart. I was originally going to just run a 0ga from the alt to the positive jumper and then the other grounds as normal. However thinking about it, that 0ga is only going to the jumper terminal and then 4ga to the actual battery. So is it even going to help? I know it would be better just to go straight from the alt to battery, but getting into the cabin is a PITA.
    Anyone gone an opinion on this?



    Current set up: Island bombed out 92 mazda 626. Stock rust bucket

    66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.


  11. #910
    ace_800's Avatar
    ace_800 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    bump



    Current set up: Island bombed out 92 mazda 626. Stock rust bucket

    66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.


  12. #911
    husker77's Avatar
    husker77 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ace_800 View Post
    Ok, here's a quick question on this. My battery is located behind my passenger seat, alt is obviously in the engine bay. I have a jumper terminal in the engine bay that is constantly hooked to the battery via 4ga wiring, so if needed I can get a jumpstart. I was originally going to just run a 0ga from the alt to the positive jumper and then the other grounds as normal. However thinking about it, that 0ga is only going to the jumper terminal and then 4ga to the actual battery. So is it even going to help? I know it would be better just to go straight from the alt to battery, but getting into the cabin is a PITA.
    I'm not sure how your vehicle is set up exactly, but my wife's olds aurora was the same way. But no it isn't going to do a lot of good if you don't run the 0awg to the battery also. It might help just because I am guessing the jumper terminal is on the fuse/relay box, and most of your wiring is attached to that for the vehicle, so you may gain a little by just running to the jumper. But if you have a fairly serious system you may tax that 4awg from your battery to the jumper, it will be your weak link.

    Now a little disclaimer, I do not know exactly how your vehicle is wired or what you have already done, but this would be my opinion based on the little info I have.




  13. #912
    ace_800's Avatar
    ace_800 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by husker77 View Post
    I'm not sure how your vehicle is set up exactly, but my wife's olds aurora was the same way. But no it isn't going to do a lot of good if you don't run the 0awg to the battery also. It might help just because I am guessing the jumper terminal is on the fuse/relay box, and most of your wiring is attached to that for the vehicle, so you may gain a little by just running to the jumper. But if you have a fairly serious system you may tax that 4awg from your battery to the jumper, it will be your weak link.

    Now a little disclaimer, I do not know exactly how your vehicle is wired or what you have already done, but this would be my opinion based on the little info I have.
    My jumper terminals aren't connected to the fuse/relay box, its separate from everything. I'm running about 2krms right now, I could bump up to 3k with the same amps, but not really any plans to do so anytime soon. I don't have any dimming, but I do notice my voltage dip to about 13.5 once in a while, hence why I was wanting to do it.



    Current set up: Island bombed out 92 mazda 626. Stock rust bucket

    66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.


  14. #913
    husker77's Avatar
    husker77 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ace_800 View Post
    My jumper terminals aren't connected to the fuse/relay box, its separate from everything.
    If it is separate from everything then it wont really do any good at all.




  15. #914
    husker77's Avatar
    husker77 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ace_800 View Post
    My jumper terminals aren't connected to the fuse/relay box, its separate from everything.
    If it is separate from everything then it wont really do any good at all. Like I said on my wife's aurora the jumper was part of the fuse/relay box and the car wiring was attached to it.




  16. #915
    gb22's Avatar
    gb22 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

    delete
    Last edited by gb22; 07-10-2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: double post




+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Type R Thread
    By justchillin in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 2910
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 01:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum