+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

ssbogger is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post

Keep following the guide. Remember, you're not removing the stock wires... your adding more to them.
    I read it all the way through. I re-read my post and I don't think I was really clear on my problem.

The + on the battery has a female plastic connector that connects to something under the fan. The alt is no where near this connection. The only wire i see coming from the alt connects to the - terminal on the battery.
    I dont have a problem with the - terminal to ground and engine block to chassis, those are fairly simple. It's just when i looked under the hood and expected to see the + battery cable going to the alt and it wasnt. This halted my install and left me confused.

Any help?

Frankensuby is offline I'm in Ur F0rumZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm about to do big 3 on my car and my GF's car. We both own Subaru's, notorious for the worst electrical grounding system manufacturers have. I am doing both of our installs with 4AWG wire.

I believe less AWG than that is slight overkill, as both of us have 85 AMP alternators with less than 500 watts RMS at full volume.

My confusion is, what size fuses should I have gotten? I ordered a pair of 100 amp fuses, with 4awg holder, will this be sufficient?

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i

System Currently:Speaker Amp|Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.2 Sub Amp| Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 Deck| Pioneer DEH6800MP Frontstage| Alpine SPR-17LS "]Sub| Phoenix Gold Xenon 10"
    Refs from Buyers:
    Refs from sellers: Dre2390

negativezeroz is offline Nothing Is Promised

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frankensuby View Post
    I'm about to do big 3 on my car and my GF's car. We both own Subaru's, notorious for the worst electrical grounding system manufacturers have. I am doing both of our installs with 4AWG wire.

I believe less AWG than that is slight overkill, as both of us have 85 AMP alternators with less than 500 watts RMS at full volume.

My confusion is, what size fuses should I have gotten? I ordered a pair of 100 amp fuses, with 4awg holder, will this be sufficient?
    If you mean you got the 100A fuse for the fuseholder INLINE with the wire going from alt positive to battery positive, then yes that is good enough since your alt is only 85A.

Quote Originally Posted by profilepower
    lol..sum guy thinks a box make subs tight..
    a box might help alil....so you saying if ya 15 is in the same box as my 10. theyre both as tight as each other???
    whatever..the thing is the mark means something..so you thought i have a 10 foot sub???
    this guy is the dumest of you all....HAHahahAHAhaHahAHAhaHa
    oh i think the lil boy complaining is talking about i hit a n instead of a s. it confused him..
    i'm sorry lil boy now is it better......its 10'' is tighter.
    my 2 marks are too far apart i'm going back to 1. it means inches lil boys..ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey803
    ports should ALWAYS be larger than your capacitor
    http://shecant.myminicity.com/ind

Frankensuby is offline I'm in Ur F0rumZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by negativezeroz View Post
    If you mean you got the 100A fuse for the fuseholder INLINE with the wire going from alt positive to battery positive, then yes that is good enough since your alt is only 85A.
    Pimp! I did something right!

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i

System Currently:Speaker Amp|Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.2 Sub Amp| Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 Deck| Pioneer DEH6800MP Frontstage| Alpine SPR-17LS "]Sub| Phoenix Gold Xenon 10"
    Refs from Buyers:
    Refs from sellers: Dre2390

aeronautica86 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alright I didn't want to read through all the pages of the thread to find my answer, so I'll just ask: I'm about to do the big 3 and want to put a fuse on the wire from the batt positive to alt positive, my alt is rated at 115a. Should I get a 120a fuse or slightly higher?

lilmaniac2 is offline Ask Me about SI Mag V4!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2 View Post
    search im not answering
    great way to up your post count

this is a thread specifically started to answer questions regarding the big 3, so I'm here asking my question; if I had started a new thread in the forum with the same question I could understand a rash of responses along the lines of "Search!"

Calikid is offline Stack That Paper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aeronautica86 View Post
    great way to up your post count

this is a thread specifically started to answer questions regarding the big 3, so I'm here asking my question; if I had started a new thread in the forum with the same question I could understand a rash of responses along the lines of "Search!"
    yes u will.

ssbogger is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anything over 115. 120 will work. Here's the theory: A fuse with a rating higher than that of your alt will not be blown by your alt but will be blown by a short.

Answer to my question anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iluvslp View Post
    yes u will.
    yes I will what?

Calikid is offline Stack That Paper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes I will what?
    use the button.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iluvslp View Post
    use the button.

apparentely not; I'll say it again, I could understand flaming responses to someone who starts a new thread in the forum for this type of question, but this is an ongoing thread soley for the purpose of asking/answering questions on this issue. If the moderators did not want people to continue to post questions/answers to this thread, they would close the thread and delete new threads started on the same topic.

disturbedfuel15 is offline So Is Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

apparentely not; I'll say it again, I could understand flaming responses to someone who starts a new thread in the forum for this type of question, but this is an ongoing thread soley for the purpose of asking/answering questions on this issue. If the moderators did not want people to continue to post questions/answers to this thread, they would close the thread and delete new threads started on the same topic.

See, this is where you are confused, son. We don't take too kindly to your kind around here, and we sure as hell don't like repeating ourselves more than a few dozen times. All this time you've been typing and waiting for an answer and complaining and ****, you could've already found the answer with SEARCH. Perhaps there's another noob out there that will help you out and give you an answer, but I don't think you'll get it out of any of us too easy. That's just lazy on your part. Now quit being a dumb****

Refs: IMXELITE, Relax, JustStoppingBy, KnightWhoSaysNI, btdickey99
    eBay: (tmiks07 & X_gamer7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by disturbedfuel15 View Post
    See, this is where you are confused, son. We don't take too kindly to your kind around here, and we sure as hell don't like repeating ourselves more than a few dozen times. All this time you've been typing and waiting for an answer and complaining and ****, you could've already found the answer with SEARCH. Perhaps there's another noob out there that will help you out and give you an answer, but I don't think you'll get it out of any of us too easy. That's just lazy on your part. Now quit being a dumb****
    You speak as though you have been a contributing member of this forum for years, and are indeed speaking on behave of all the posters you have gotten to know so very well in that time.

In case you didn't remember, you joined September of 06 and considering you are all of 22 years old, you have no business refering to anyone as "son".

disturbedfuel15 is offline So Is Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You speak as though you have been a contributing member of this forum for years, and are indeed speaking on behave of all the posters you have gotten to know so very well in that time.

In case you didn't remember, you joined September of 06 and considering you are all of 22 years old, you have no business refering to anyone as "son".
    You're right, my apologies. Cookie for you old man.
    Since I'm sick of you complaining, I will just answer your question. For a 115amp alternator, you should get a 120-125amp fuse. Now if you would've used the button at the top of this thread called "Search this thread," you would've saw that this question has been asked numerous times. The search took 1.71 seconds, mind you.

Refs: IMXELITE, Relax, JustStoppingBy, KnightWhoSaysNI, btdickey99
    eBay: (tmiks07 & X_gamer7)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 ... LastLast