Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Reload Thread: Unsure if this is a good electrical setup.

  1. #1
    Raisedin305's Avatar
    Raisedin305 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami,FL
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Unsure if this is a good electrical setup.

    I am not sure if this is a good electrical setup. I may have two PA a3000db and another amp (undecided) for the components.

    Amp:
    2 PA a3000db
    Amp for component (unsure which one)

    Electrical:
    220amp alternator
    Big 3
    Optima yellow top







  2. #2
    PhatTonyDeMarco's Avatar
    PhatTonyDeMarco is offline C0CK,its whats for dinner



    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Unsure if this is a good electrical setup.

    Jesus, how many threads do you make?

    I would deffinitly stick antother battery in the back, as well as upgrading the starting battery.




  3. #3
    Raisedin305's Avatar
    Raisedin305 is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami,FL
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Unsure if this is a good electrical setup.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhatTonyDeMarco
    Jesus, how many threads do you make?

    I would deffinitly stick antother battery in the back, as well as upgrading the starting battery.
    Sorry its just that most of my "stuff" is coming in this week so I want to start preparing and doing every thing correctly. Don't want any thing to blow this time.

    You think with just two batteries upgraded I will be fine?

    Stock alternator is 130amps.




  4. #4
    PhatTonyDeMarco's Avatar
    PhatTonyDeMarco is offline C0CK,its whats for dinner



    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Unsure if this is a good electrical setup.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisedin305
    Sorry its just that most of my "stuff" is coming in this week so I want to start preparing and doing every thing correctly. Don't want any thing to blow this time.

    You think with just two batteries upgraded I will be fine?

    Stock alternator is 130amps.
    I highly doubt that, and I wouldt chance it... Those amps are known to pull some current. There is a member on here that is/was running two of the same amps on an 18 MT, I cant think of his name though. There is a picture of the MT installed in his SUV in his sig, maybe you know who I am thinking of... Well he would be the person to ask about what kind of power those amps needs to run properly.




  5. #5
    Raisedin305's Avatar
    Raisedin305 is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami,FL
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Unsure if this is a good electrical setup.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhatTonyDeMarco
    I highly doubt that, and I wouldt chance it... Those amps are known to pull some current. There is a member on here that is/was running two of the same amps on an 18 MT, I cant think of his name though. There is a picture of the MT installed in his SUV in his sig, maybe you know who I am thinking of... Well he would be the person to ask about what kind of power those amps needs to run properly.
    Yeah I talked to him last week he says they power fine with a 200amp alternator and a battery I think he has the Big 3 too. He says he would have gotten a bigger alt though if he had known he was going to be running such a powerful system before though.




  6. #6
    Raisedin305's Avatar
    Raisedin305 is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami,FL
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Unsure if this is a good electrical setup.

    Ehh screw it I'll stick to just to my current setup with the new Orion 2500.




  7. #7
    PhatTonyDeMarco's Avatar
    PhatTonyDeMarco is offline C0CK,its whats for dinner



    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Unsure if this is a good electrical setup.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisedin305
    Yeah I talked to him last week he says they power fine with a 200amp alternator and a battery I think he has the Big 3 too. He says he would have gotten a bigger alt though if he had known he was going to be running such a powerful system before though.
    Well.... There is your answer.




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Good setup
    By jbk32 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 04:57 PM
  2. Good setup for freinds hatchback?
    By nikosbuddy in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 05:01 PM
  3. is this a good setup
    By jL_Audio in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 10:27 PM
  4. good setup??
    By Alphafrog1 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-17-2002, 11:06 PM
  5. Good setup???
    By IC5850 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2002, 07:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum