Closed Thread

Reload Thread: New to the site, would like some help.....

Wildog78 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New to the site, would like some help.....

Hi all, I got my hands on some speakers and a box and I wnet out and bought myself an amp....(probably not the best but what my budget at the time allowed)...any way.....was wondering if someone could point my in the right direction for wiring them.....one way for best SQ and the other best for SPL.....

This is what I have to work with:

2- Audiobahn AW1251SE
    1- Crunch PZi2250

P.S. I have found in my search for this answer that crunch was probably the wrong way to go as far as having them a long time.....So since I may be moving soon I am not going to have the funds to replace it anytime soon......So if you could keep that in mind when offering your wiring tips.....( would hate for to sound great for five minutes and be S.O.L. Curently I have the subs each on their own channel and a jumper to the second set of VC....Basicaly, I want to know if bridging this amp to these subs will increase the out put without damaging ANYTHING...( wether that be the amp or subs)...Thanks for your time and help.

PSS...As I was continuing my search for answer in my manual......I have noticed that there are not wiring instruction for the subs to each be on thie own channel.....Is this assumed or are DVC subs made to be bridged?....any info on this and my wiring stupididy would be great......thanks again
    Last edited by Wildog78; 02-12-2006 at 04:38 AM.

rocky 59 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: New to the site, would like some help.....

well there no way you can just wire something and then get sq and then change it to get spl. you need two complete different set-ups. and i cant help you on those amps or subs. you can help yourself buy selling them to a high schooler and the go out and buy some decetn stuff. but that imo

refs- 80 inches, bumpn_gt, hot Carl,alphakenny1,zenkar, Bring97,dleccord,GemaRastem,cyantist,ill-faded, livin life, bjfish11, bodega bay,spy,jamesw,JBLCAMRY
    feedback thread- http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...72#post1598072

Truck build log-http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400050

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

double post mods please delete

refs- 80 inches, bumpn_gt, hot Carl,alphakenny1,zenkar, Bring97,dleccord,GemaRastem,cyantist,ill-faded, livin life, bjfish11, bodega bay,spy,jamesw,JBLCAMRY

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didnt buy the subs.....just the amp.....I am not out to win any comps with setup just get the best SPL i can without it sounding like sh**.....or damaging what I have.....BTW.....if it helps to know I currently have the subs in a sealed box(thats what they were in when I got them)

MisterGrubbs is offline Kinda Old School

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is possible to have a SQ vs a SPL setup with the same amp, you can wire to different ohm loads. People have subs they run 2000w daily to and then 3000+ burps with the same amp

Anywho, for the application that you're referring to. I Assume both subwoofers are Dual 4ohm subs?

If so, you can wire them and bridge them together, or give each sub it's own channel.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161 < -- go here and look at the diagrams on how to wire. If you need any more help just feel free to ask bro.

Educational session for you retards of the forum:Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete or more abstract. No kove, I will not come over there. Use their to indicate possession. Members of this forum have lost their minds. Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. They're all idiots!

References(Some of them):SteveyHustle, PepsiFiend69, SubNoize05, BushJ311, Mrray13, Hintzyboy, dbubble, 528hz, Twisted_0912, RKPsk8er
    Ebay: 35+ 100% Feedback Paypal: 14+ Verified

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well spl will get loud but wont sound good. if you want sq sealed is the way to go.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterGrubbs
    It is possible to have a SQ vs a SPL setup with the same amp, you can wire to different ohm loads. People have subs they run 2000w daily to and then 3000+ burps with the same amp

Anywho, for the application that you're referring to. I Assume both subwoofers are Dual 4ohm subs?

If so, you can wire them and bridge them together, or give each sub it's own channel.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161 < -- go here and look at the diagrams on how to wire. If you need any more help just feel free to ask bro.
    Thank you for your help.....I believe I have the info I need to get it hooked up correctly.....

Closed Thread