Closed Thread

Reload Thread: AMP question

pitfan04 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

AMP question

My amp is 600 watts and well i wanna put 2 more 10's on it for the time being till i get another amp. I was wondering if i can just cross the wires together and hook up 4 speakers to the amp. It has a place for one speaker, positive and negative. and another and i was wondering if i can just cross another speaker to each one. Would it **** up anything.

Thanks

prodigy is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    first thing first...

does your amp support 2ohm per channel ?
    are ur current configuration on stereo or bridged ?

as for 4 speaker configuration.. i guess you'll be better connect it
    to a parallel connection... meaning per channel u'll have 2 ohm .. for left and right...

underpower ??? hmmm that should depend on how u blast it....
    heat buit up..... u guess right.... this amp is gonna cook some egg if u try to be
    funny heheheheh

*just my 2 cent....

Alaxan is offline Common Sense Guru

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: AMP question

Originally posted by pitfan04
    My amp is 600 watts and well i wanna put 2 more 10's on it for the time being till i get another amp. I was wondering if i can just cross the wires together and hook up 4 speakers to the amp. It has a place for one speaker, positive and negative. and another and i was wondering if i can just cross another speaker to each one. Would it **** up anything.

Thanks
    First thing.....it depends on the amp! Some amps can handle the load some can not. If it is a cheaper sony or pyramid....I would say dun try it because something will burn up. If it is a bit nicer of an amp and can handle the load then go for it by all means, but you will want to configure the wiring properly. It is also normally best not to run your subs in a stereo configuration and on a bridged mode. This helps there be no cancelation due to separation in signal. Let us know what amp it is you have and the power ratings on the subs etc.....and we can be of a better help wrather than so general.

-Alax
    CEO Alchemy Computer Systems

Questions or comments?
    Yahoo: Static_Lullaby_77
    AOL: StaticLulaby1977
    MSN: Alaxinlord@hotmail.com

Closed Thread