Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Whats better

Eddieca85 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whats better

Hey,

Im goign to up grade my system. Right now im running an Aiwa head unit, 2 profile 6.5's,2 radio shack 5x7s, and a pioneer 760 watt amp pushing 2 10" bazooka subs. I want to replace my 6.5s and my 5x7s. What should i use? Right now im looking at sony xplods or some infinity kappas. Which is better? Or what other brands should i go for? i liek the infinitys beacuse they have high power handleing, not that my head is putting out to much (180x4) but the xplods have a good rep. Then i was also thining about staying with bazookas and jsut matching the whole car up. Also i was thinking about upgradeing teh head unit. Whats a good one? I dont have a huge budget but im willing to spend some cash. All i do is work so i usually have some money :-/. If anyone has any suggestions let me know,
    Thanx

Eddie

--Eddie
    --Eddieca85@aol.com
    ------------------------------------------------
    1995 Mazda Protege LX
    Pioneer DEH-P6500 (Head)
    Solid Audio SF 694 6x9" (Rear Deck)
    Panasonic CJ-RC161 6.5" (Doors)
    Pioneer GM-X962 760W (amp)
    2 10" Bazooka EL1004 (Subs)
    sealed Box
    -----------------------------------------------
    Keep on rockin
    The party never ends

Alaxan is offline Common Sense Guru

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Whats better

Originally posted by Eddieca85
    Hey,

Im goign to up grade my system. Right now im running an Aiwa head unit, 2 profile 6.5's,2 radio shack 5x7s, and a pioneer 760 watt amp pushing 2 10" bazooka subs. I want to replace my 6.5s and my 5x7s. What should i use? Right now im looking at sony xplods or some infinity kappas. Which is better? Or what other brands should i go for? i liek the infinitys beacuse they have high power handleing, not that my head is putting out to much (180x4) but the xplods have a good rep. Then i was also thining about staying with bazookas and jsut matching the whole car up. Also i was thinking about upgradeing teh head unit. Whats a good one? I dont have a huge budget but im willing to spend some cash. All i do is work so i usually have some money :-/. If anyone has any suggestions let me know,
    Thanx

Eddie
    Well I would definately go with the infinity's over the sony's beleive it or not the xplod do not have that good of a reputation and you may end up not being pleased overall with them. The infinity Kappas are very nice speakers and you will enjoy them. As for head units? Pioneer, Clarion, Eclipse, Alpine.....top four brands I would personally suggest. I have always run pioneer and been very happy with them, but it is up to your listening preference and budget.

-Alax
    CEO Alchemy Computer Systems

Questions or comments?
    Yahoo: Static_Lullaby_77
    AOL: StaticLulaby1977
    MSN: Alaxinlord@hotmail.com

Eddieca85 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok cool. Thanx for letting me know that. Now the kappa's iv been looking at are component systems and then come with like little crossovers i belive it said or somehting liek that, its liek 2 little black box's im nto quite sure exactlyt what they are and oif they are easy to hook up or what, so if you know anything about them could you let me know? Thanx

--Eddie

--Eddie
    --Eddieca85@aol.com
    1995 Mazda Protege LX
    Pioneer DEH-P6500 (Head)
    Solid Audio SF 694 6x9" (Rear Deck)
    Panasonic CJ-RC161 6.5" (Doors)
    Pioneer GM-X962 760W (amp)
    2 10" Bazooka EL1004 (Subs)
    sealed Box
    -----------------------------------------------
    Keep on rockin
    The party never ends

Alaxan is offline Common Sense Guru

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Eddieca85
    Ok cool. Thanx for letting me know that. Now the kappa's iv been looking at are component systems and then come with like little crossovers i belive it said or somehting liek that, its liek 2 little black box's im nto quite sure exactlyt what they are and oif they are easy to hook up or what, so if you know anything about them could you let me know? Thanx

--Eddie
    Yes they will come with a crossover and they are easy enough to hook up. There is an input side where the amp or headunit speaker leads will run into and then an output for the midrange driver and the tweeter. Pretty straight forward and simple to connect. Any other questions drop me a line.

-Alax
    CEO Alchemy Computer Systems

Questions or comments?
    Yahoo: Static_Lullaby_77
    AOL: StaticLulaby1977
    MSN: Alaxinlord@hotmail.com

Closed Thread