Closed Thread

Reload Thread: anyone know anything about crossovers?

cooldoctorb is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anyone know anything about crossovers?

I have a kenwood KEC-202 3way cross over. It replaces the crossovers on the amp and after the amp for all the speakers in the car. My problem is I don't know what my Alpine Type-R 6.5 componete speakers cross over at. I have been trying to adjust it but I can't get it to sound right. If anybody Knows whare to cross it over at or around what I should cross it over at pleeeeeaaaassssse let me know. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

bean is offline DIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

okay

I recommend you use the kenwood crossover in high pass mode before your amp. After the amp you should still be using the passive crossover that came with the speakers. It make them blend and should help in making them sound better. good luck.

cooldoctorb is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's the way I'm running it now, but It is allot better not to use the passive crossover. You just have to cross it over exactly right.

check out this web page, http://sound.westhost.com/bi-amp.htm

bean is offline DIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay

I don't agree with you at all. Alpine spends thousands of hours and who knows how much money on not only selecting the frequencies but figuring how to make the two speakers "blend" and become transparent. You and I probably don't have the time or resources to create what they do. Especially with a fairly basic kenwood crossover.
    By amping, on the other hand, I totally agree with and I understand what your goal is. That's a pretty good article by the way, but car audio is a different animal than the home "hi fi" world.

Closed Thread