Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need help with amp choice.Please help?????!!!

bowtiefan is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need help with amp choice.Please help?????!!!

I have narrowed my choices down to two mono amp manufacteres.If anyone has any experience with either of them please post you likes and dislikes.Im having a hard time choosing.The amp will be powering two 12" Infinity Reference series subs in a sealed box.The sub specs are 300w RMS,1200w peak,SVC 4ohm.Here are the amps im considering:

PPI PCX 1250=500w x 1 @ 2ohms with 12v input,.02 THD, sig.-noise 110db

Hifonics Zeus Z1000d=750w x 1 @ 2ohms, input voltage unknown,.08 THD,sig.-noise 90db

As stated earlier if anybody has any experience with either amp make,Please post your knowledge about them!!!! I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!!

Jasontb2000 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I use to run PPI amps. They are good clean amps, but so models lack BALLS. The 1250 is a class D and is a good amp for your set up. The HiFonics seems to be a little two much for subs with a rms of 300 watts. But I compare the Infinity subs with the sony xplod models, 200 watts rms and 800 max. It's just to big of a gap between the power handling ranges to be true. Rms ratings will almost always be half of the max power rating.

mykeys is offline URABUS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If I remember Hifonics hierarchy correctly that is the middle line.. Both MFGs make some very sweet amps most depends on what you wanna do.. I like the way HF makes em big and pretty tough but a lot of the time you sacrifice with THD to get that power. I would look more towards PPI personally generally cheaper reliability isnt an isssue and they are pretty clean..

Mike

Your friendly neighborhood subaru freak!

bowtiefan is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the help guys!.I 'm gonna take your advice and stick with PPI.....I'll let you all know how things work out when I get the amp and get it hooked up...again thanks.....

Closed Thread

User Tag List