Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 1500 Watts RMS = 30Db?

evilsaint is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1500 Watts RMS = 30Db?

Wierd situation. I have 2 of the original Alpine Type-R 12" subs(Single Voice Coil).
    I just purchased a Rockford Fosgate BD1500.1 and hooked the subs and amp up today. Everything has solid power and ground, and my RCA's are fine, yet with all levels on the receiver and amp at reasonable levels, the subs barely play at all. I know it's not the BD1500.1, because the same problem occurred with my old amp when I hooked it up to these subs. I haven't checked the wiring inside the sub box, but I couldn't forsee anything really being wrong because they subs are SVC. I've also tried out pretty much every combo of settings (BBE,BassForward,Polarity,etc...) on the amp and head unit and nothing really made much of a difference. Does anyone know why the subs would barely play like this? The definition in the bass plays fine through the subs, but the volume is just not there at all. Also, the sub box is made to Alpine specs, but it's small, so could that be adding to the problem? Any info at all would be a great help. Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by evilsaint; 09-10-2002 at 10:31 PM.

evilsaint is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Also, when i turn the amp gain and punch bass to max, the subs distort somewhat, but gain little to no volume from where they were before I turned the levels up.

One more stupid question then I'll shut up,
    Assuming that the wiring inside the sub box is ok, how would I go about hooking up the subs in a 2ohm load? Do i run both sub+ to amp+ and both sub- to amp- or is there some other way of doing it? Keep in mind the subs are SVC.
    Last edited by evilsaint; 09-10-2002 at 10:27 PM.

2002 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG - Stock Bose stereo ... but 13.2 in the 1/4 mile!

RIP Darkie : 96' Bonneville SSEi
    Alpine 7998
    PPI A404.2 Art Series -> Focal PolyKevlar 136K's Front
    1700WRMS -> RE SX 12" in 2.0Cf ported to 35Hz (Big props to IonSQL for my BEE-YOO-TIH-FUL box!)

Refs - M@nJo, Mebcop, IonSQL, NJTStang11, XXXBassHead, Havieri23, SQStephen

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    if they are svc there should only be one set of + and - terminals....other than that bit of info...i dont know what i t might be...sorry

more_spl is offline only have 1, but it's 12"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Assuming that the wiring inside the sub box is ok, how would I go about hooking up the subs in a 2ohm load? Do i run both sub+ to amp+ and both sub- to amp- or is there some other way of doing it? Keep in mind the subs are SVC.
    if the subs are 4ohm's each, then wiring it this way (paralel) will create a 2ohm load.

now to your first Q..... this happened to me. i got my subs in and i couldn't get them "loud enough" without the fronts hurting my ears.. i sat down and configed a bit on my hu, and got the idea, "HEY! why not fade towards the back more!!" that worked plenty. bass is louder now and i can set my fronts nicely with just the simple fade control. try this maybe ?

i decided not to have a signature

Closed Thread