Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Rattling in trunk from subs

Bolizard is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rattling in trunk from subs

I have two ten inch subs in my 1990 honda accord and everytime I turn up the volume the trunk rattles. It sounds good from the inside but it sounds terrible outside the car. This is a 1500$ stereo and I want it to sound good please help.

Thank you

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Get some sound deadening in there. Dynamat, Brown Bead, E-Dead, etc.

And I dont blame you for wanting it to sound decent outside your car...I hate when people pull up beside you and all you hear is buzzing or body panels rattling. Well, not like I can hear it over mine lol.

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Bolizard is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    O.K I just called car audio palace near my house and I am going to get it installed.

I will post a Pic of my car later

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of my cars that I have is a 95 mustang..She used to rattle like pure hell...I had 4 12's in it....THe back bumper almost came off due to the rattle..Thats a Mustang 5-mph bumper for ya..lol..I took now have 2 12's in the stang..What I did was I took sponges, Thick foam and just lined my tunk and bumper with it..It really worked..It deadend the rattling..Still a low pitched rattle..But you can't really tell...I hear cars some times you can hear the rattling over the bass..I hate that...If you Dynomat your car it will help increase your SPL and SQ by a hair...SO its a win win situation

JL subs no longer for sale

Going to get two 12" MA audio xl comps...another experimental system setup..They should prove better than the JL's

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah thats true, it is a win win situation - people sound deaden so much their doors weigh a ton.

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

indosia is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Often a good % of rattling is from the license plate. I got rid of most of the noise in my car with a foam camping mat I got at kmart for 5 bucks. I tore it apart and stuffed it up in the panels around the trunk and behind the license plate.

Closed Thread