User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Stock Toyota stereo install...

mpiotrow is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon32 Stock Toyota stereo install...

Hi all,

OK, this is my first post here, so be easy on me.

I was helping my roommate install a stock Toyota 4Runner stereo in his car (car is a Honda...old stereo was stolen...just wanted a cheap replacement, and happened to get that stereo from a friend of his). The stereo is 3 parts, really:

1) the radio/tape player
    2) the cd player
    3) the amp

Anyway, on to the problem...we have the wiring harness and the diagram for the harness that plugs into the back of the amp. Following that diagram, we hooked up the ignition power wire, the constant power wire, the ground wire, and the speakers (11 wires total...2 power, 1 ground, and 8 for the speakers). So, we turn on the ignition, and nothing happens. No lights on the stereo...nothing. When I plugged the CD player in to the back of the stereo, I can eject the CD. This only works with the ignition on, so apparently the switched power wire is working correctly.

The stereo does say something about theft prevention on it...could that be that you have to enter in some sort of special "code" (press a certain combination of buttons, etc) when it is first powered up in order to get the stereo to come on? The stereo has been sitting unpowered for about 2 months.

Anyway, thanks for any help you can give me...I'm sure my roommate will appreciate it!

Matt
    Last edited by mpiotrow; 08-29-2002 at 01:04 PM.

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im sure that would be the case...most likely you'll need to contact the company that manufactured the cd player and have proof of purchase and they can giveyou the information you need...good luck

mpiotrow is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Goddyd4me
    im sure that would be the case...most likely you'll need to contact the company that manufactured the cd player and have proof of purchase and they can giveyou the information you need...good luck
    Well, that's great,, except for the fact that the CD player is the stock CD player from a Toyota 4Runner, and he doesn't have proof of purchase because the guy who owns the 4Runner got a new stereo and just gave my roommate the stereo. So, there technically wasn't a "purchase".

I guess we should just call the dealer and see what they have to say.

Matt

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so your putting a toyota radio into a honda? could be part of the problem.....usually stock sterio's have more than just the basic stuff...usually there is a power, acc, dimmer, ground, speaker, and sometimes even a remote for an amp.....
    Last edited by MikeofTulsa; 08-31-2002 at 01:06 PM.

Closed Thread