Closed Thread

Reload Thread: need help wiring a 200w 4-ch amp to my interiour speakers

qmain is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

need help wiring a 200w 4-ch amp to my interiour speakers

I need help wiring a 200w amp to my interior speakers.

I have a P4400 Pioneer HU with two pre outs. One for the subwoofer and the other for the interior speakers. I have a 2-ch 600w kenwood amp powering a 12' infinity sub and i'm all set with the sub.

My problem is that the sub' drowns the interior 6 1/2 infinity speakers which have very good tweeters.

I have a 4-ch, 200w Acoustic amp that i want to hook up to my interiour speakers.

I tried splitting several wires on the ADAPTER as directed but my HU kept cutting off but the subwoofer remained on.
    I'm working with 2 grey wires (+ve & -ve) 2 greens, 2 whites, 2 violets. I know these are the wires i need to mess around with but i'm not sure how to go about it.
    I also dont know at what point to connect to the speakers or if i need to pull any additional wires from the HU/ Adapter.

I did the subwoofer myself and i would really like to do the interior speakers too. I,m working on a 1998 JETTA

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.

indosia is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The 4 pairs of wires are for your speakers. Depending on where you mount the amp you will either need to extend them or better yet just run new speaker wires (16-12 gauge) from the amp to the speakers. It will sound much better. If you don't want to run new wires then look at your owners manual for wiring diagrams.

Closed Thread