Hey, just need a little advice on a car audio install
The equpiment i'm using is a JL 500/1, JL 450/4, JL 10w6v2, and DLS MS6 front speakers. The amps, cleansweep and the sub are all in the trunk.
Im keeping the stock head unit and using JL's cleansweep to equalize the analong signal and convert it to a digital signal.
1. What tools should I have before I start this? I have basic screwdrivers and a lug nut set right now.
2. As far as wiring, I want to run 2 guage wire from the battery and then run 4 guage wire to both of the amps. Should I run 1/0 guage instead of the 2 guage? I would need a dist block with 2 guage input and (2) 4 guage outputs correct?
3. The 450/4 and 500/1 amp says to use a 60 amp and 50 amp fuse respectively. I suspect these fuses should go in the distribution block. Do I still need a fuse within 18 inches of the battery if I have these fuses at the dist block? If I still need a fuse, how many amps should it be? (maybe a 110 amp fuse because of 60 + 50?)
4. What guage speaker wire should I use from the 450/4 to the DLS MS6? Also what guage wire should I use from the 500/1 to the 10 w6v2?
5. What miscellaneous stuff do I need for the wiring. For example, the connector for the 2 guage wiring to the battery. Can you think of any other wiring accessories I would need.
6. Is it better to run the 2 guage wire from the battery to the trunk and then put a dist block in the trunk to split it to 4 guage or should i put the dist block right after the battery?
7. The cleansweep has 2 channels of rca output, one for fronts and one for rears. The way i understand it is that i should run 2 rca cables (1 for each channel) to the front and rear channels of the 450/4 amp. I probably only need 1 rca now that i think about it because im not using rear speakers. Then im running rcas from the pre-amp output of the 450/4 to the 500/1. Does this sound okay?
The DLS speakers came with wiring to go from the x-over to the tweeters and mids so I wont be needing that.
heres a quick list of wiring that i think i need...does it sound like enough?
1/0 or 2 guage -> 15 ft
4 guage -> 15 ft
speaker wire -> 30 ft
Dist block -> 1/0 or 2 guage input and (2) 4 guage outputs
Fuses -> 50 amp, 60 amp, and the fuse after the battery if i need it
RCAs -> a 10 ft cable and a 5 ft cable (1 to go from cleansweep to 450/4 and the other to go from 450/4 to 500/1)