Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2000 Ford Mustang Install Problem.

Mr.Strike is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2000 Ford Mustang Install Problem.

I bought a Kenwood deck to go in a 2000 Mustang. I want to install it my self. I got every thing I needed, or so I thought. The guy at the Best Buy install bay said I had to bypass the factory amp. In the Mustang it has the deck with the tape player and the CD player as seperate units. The wire harness I have has two connections one black and one gray. Now, I do not know where to plug up the black harness. I unhooked the factory amp completly. Does anyone know where I can get an install guide specifically for a 2000 mustang with the premium sound package? Thanks in advance.

Speedracer7c is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im' not sure how the new systems are. There are usually 2 types of factory amps for uses for their sound systems. Depending on which one you have you might be able to get adapters. If not you will have to chop the harness off the amp and hard wire it in. You can use a 9 volt battery to find each speaker. Take it to you local shop and see what they think.

1995 Geo TrackerLSI
    2 Kicker Comp VR 12's
    Premier DEH-P930 Head
    Jbl 1200.1
    Inifinity Mids & highs

Mr.Strike is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got it. The guy at the Best Buy install bay gave me the wrong harness. It works now. Thanks for your help!

Closed Thread