Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: centering the sub

chaz7979 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

centering the sub

Is it necessary to to center the sub in your incloser? I have a 25 inch long box I made and I want to mount the sub all the way to one side with the amp on the other. Will this effect the sound?

more_spl is offline only have 1, but it's 12"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no. just make sure your enclosure volume is a recommended size, and it will work
    DO IT UP

i decided not to have a signature

chris229 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah just dont mount your amp to your sub box

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ss3079
    Yeah just dont mount your amp to your sub box
    why?----don't say vibration

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by chris229
    why?----don't say vibration
    C'mon man, you know that the solder joints on the componets break apart!! It has been proven... I sent you a PM.

2007 Chrysler 300C

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ss3079

C'mon man, you know that the solder joints on the componets break apart!! It has been proven... I sent you a PM.
    yea they do------and it has-----thing is mounting to the box isn't the problem--------it's the fact that it's in the car. the road vibration[bumps-pot holes-] and the fact that the subs vibrate the hell out of the whole car. you CAN'T escape the vibration no matter where you put the amp. If a person was really worried about vibration i'd tell them not to even put the amp in a car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, Ive seen some guys with some pretty funky looking enclosures...inside was some foam and a cooling fan...I'm bet it worked alright but its pretty dam hard to escape all the little bumps along the road

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How about mounting it on little rubber blocks? Like engine mounts or spacers on a car frame?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by chaz7979
    How about mounting it on little rubber blocks? Like engine mounts or spacers on a car frame?
    there really isn't any need to go through all that------- your putting it in a moving car

wolfey is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i've had my amps mounted to my box for a long *** time and have never had a problem. THe box doesnt shake more than anything else. I guess its "been proven" but until my amp falls apart i'll have to disagree. It seems to me that when the bass hits the box doesnt even shake.. i dont notice anyways. Besides its wood and has carpet on top which helps resist the vibration i would imagine. sure if you had it mounted on plexiglass or somethign it would probably rattle and shake all kinds. People try to tell me to make something on the bottom of my trunk to mount my amps to but i see no point in waisting all that space when they fit perfect on top of the box. I have thick mdf wood so my screws arent going through. I think if i put the amp right in front of the subs it would be worse than on top.

brahma 12 in 1.9 cf ported enclosure tuned to an ugly 38hz..

REVO amp
    stock speakers in the front..

looking to upgrade..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by chris229
    there really isn't any need to go through all that------- your putting it in a moving car
    But this would kill the vibration that has "proven" to ruin amps. The fact that it's in a "moving car" has nothing to do with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But this would kill the vibration that has "proven" to ruin amps. The fact that it's in a "moving car" has nothing to do with it.
    Yes it does. Even if you just put a amp in your car without it running anything, the everyday wear and tear(potholes, etc) will eventually take its toll on your amp...I'm sure Chris can explain it in more depth cause obviously you arent gonna just believe me.

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

think of it like this-----you sit on 4-5inches of springs and padding in the seat-------- you still feel the bumps, turns, braking and acceleration. not even taking into account that you still feel the bass too though the seat

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know that...but think if you weren't on a seat??? Think if your car had no shocks???? Don't you think that would be worse? That's my point...putting the amp on rubber mounting blocks would drastically cut down on the vibration. Just like the shocks on you car.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast