Closed Thread

Reload Thread: my component set crossover or no?

masterbass is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my component set crossover or no?

i have the alpine 172a 6 and a 1/2 ich component set i have a four channel amp but the x over has 2 speakers and 1 terminal for the wire from the amp should i just run them all in to the ampinstead of using x overam i making any sense?

bean is offline DIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

use the crossover

Componant speakers are designed to play together and "blend" so that they disapear and become transparent to the listener. They cannot do this without the crossover. The manufacturers spend alot of time getting the tolerances of those crossovers to do that. Use them. What I would recommend is that you bridge each pair of two channels to a set of speakers.

chris229 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: use the crossover

Originally posted by bean
    Componant speakers are designed to play together and "blend" so that they disapear and become transparent to the listener. They cannot do this without the crossover. The manufacturers spend alot of time getting the tolerances of those crossovers to do that. Use them. What I would recommend is that you bridge each pair of two channels to a set of speakers.
    no NEED to bridge the channels but I agree strongly to use the x-overs for SQ ---and to prevent damage to them.

bean is offline DIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well yeah.......

If he doesn't bridge the amplifier he'll have wasted two of the channels. Also, he'll get twice as much power to the speakers. Or, he can use the other two channels for something else......rear speakers or bridge to a sub.........

bean is offline DIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

maybe

maybe "wasted" is too strong a word. But if you have the available power, use it.

:o <-----so **** funny

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Well yeah.......

Originally posted by bean
    If he doesn't bridge the amplifier he'll have wasted two of the channels. Also, he'll get twice as much power to the speakers. Or, he can use the other two channels for something else......rear speakers or bridge to a sub.........
    yea ----he should bridge them if their is no subs. BUT that is what i was thinking use the other channels for a sub ---------if it can be bridged

masterbass is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this four channel amp is strictly for high and mids so you guys think i should bridge the 1st and 2nd to one x over and the 3rd and 4th to the other sounds good to me i was gonna do that but i thought it might be better if ran them with out the x over iguess not thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by masterbass
    this four channel amp is strictly for high and mids so you guys think i should bridge the 1st and 2nd to one x over and the 3rd and 4th to the other sounds good to me i was gonna do that but i thought it might be better if ran them with out the x over iguess not thanks guys
    yea------- if it can be bridged

Closed Thread