Reload Thread: What Up With This Neon

HONDA POWER is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon32 What Up With This Neon

OK I JUST TOTALED MY CAR AND I TOOK ALL MY STEREO OUT .I PUT IT IN MY NEON.NOW I HAD A 95 WITH 2 10'S IN A BP BOX AND IT WAS JUST AWESOME,EVEN WITH JUST A 400W AMP.MY QUESTION IS THIS :I HAVE APROX 1500 W AND 2 12'S AND MY 98 ,WELL, IT SOUNDS LIKE S@#$.I WAS HITTIN 150 DB IN MY OLD TOPAZ WITH THE SAME STUFF.NOW IT BARELY SOUNDS LIKE IM HITTIN 125DB.HERES A LIST OF THE GOODS>>>>1 PREMIER DEP9300 HEADUNIT,1 TIFF BATTERY(DRY CELL),2 JL AUDIO 12IN W3'S,SEALED BOX,1 PREMIER 720 AMP(833W),1 PREMIER 320AMP(326W),2 4-WAY 6*9'S,AND 1 COMPONENT SET PREMIER 51/4 W/1IN TWEETS,STINGER RCA DREAM SERIES CABLES,AND ALL STINGER CONNECTS.ANY IDEA AS TO WHY THE DRAMATIC CHANGE IN OUTPUT?OH AND I HAVE TRIED FACIN THE BOX BOTH WAYS ---ALMOST NO CHANGE.SQ IS A LITTLE BETTER FACING THE CAB THOUGH. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRICIATED.
    Last edited by HONDA POWER; 08-03-2002 at 12:38 PM.

chris229 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What Up With This Neon

Originally posted by HONDA POWER
    OK I JUST TOTALED MY CAR AND I TOOK ALL MY STEREO OUT .I PUT IT IN MY NEON.NOW I HAD A 95 WITH 2 10'S IN A BP BOX AND IT WAS JUST AWESOME,EVEN WITH JUST A 400W AMP.MY QUESTION IS THIS :I HAVE APROX 1500 W AND 2 12'S AND MY 98 ,WELL, IT SOUNDS LIKE S@#$.I WAS HITTIN 150 DB IN MY OLD TOPAZ WITH THE SAME STUFF.NOW IT BARELY SOUNDS LIKE IM HITTIN 125DB.HERES A LIST OF THE GOODS>>>>1 PREMIER DEP9300 HEADUNIT,1 TIFF BATTERY(DRY CELL),2 JL AUDIO 12IN W3'S,SEALED BOX,1 PREMIER 720 AMP(833W),1 PREMIER 320AMP(326W),2 4-WAY 6*9'S,AND 1 COMPONENT SET PREMIER 51/4 W/1IN TWEETS,STINGER RCA DREAM SERIES CABLES,AND ALL STINGER CONNECTS.ANY IDEA AS TO WHY THE DRAMATIC CHANGE IN OUTPUT?OH AND I HAVE TRIED FACIN THE BOX BOTH WAYS ---ALMOST NO CHANGE.SQ IS A LITTLE BETTER FACING THE CAB THOUGH. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRICIATED.
    it's cause you changed cars as you can see the car has a big effect on the sound of a system. You can look into making a bass coupler to port the bass directly through the rear deck

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also you said you had a band pass box before correct?? well the bandpass box would have produced more bass at the freq. that it would be tuned to where as the sealed box is more for sound quality as opposed to spl...hope that helped...

blackgeltabs is offline Knowledge is Power

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What Up With This Neon

Originally posted by HONDA POWER
    Hey check your wires from you speakers to your amp, If it sounds like *** and is nothing in comparasion to what it used to be, you probably have a phasing problem with your subs. Look at them when they are hitting do they look like they hit at different times?? Is it somewhat loud outside the car when the trunk is popped, and sounds like absolultly nothing inside the car??

Closed Thread