Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Sub and all speakers going out??

pacho is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sub and all speakers going out??

One of my good friends has an Acura MDX with 2 12" RF Punch stage 1 subs and the RF 200 amp with factory cd player. I installed a Line Output Converter in his car about a month ago and his subs and all his speakers were working perfectly. Today he called me and said that every speaker and both subs in his car (except for the factory sub) went out. He said sometimes the subs and speakers will work and sometimes they won't.
    -I took my RCA cables and wired it from my head unit to his amp and the sub worked perfect so i know there's a problem w/the loc.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kqPuASe...tput+converter

I'm just wondering is it the ground connection from the LOC that might be doing this?? Or are the wires coming out of the LOC maybe crossing over going into the factory cd player causing the speakers to go haywire??

Any help is appreciated

jrz126 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sub and all speakers going out??

If all of the speakers went out, I'd think the problem is in the factory headunit.
    Now if just the subs went out, I'd think it'd be the LOC.

my latest completed project. My new work in progress, (62 leds in the roof) check out my cardomain site at http://www.cardomain.com/id/jrz126 (page 2)

pacho is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sub and all speakers going out??

Sometimes all his speakers work with subwoofers and then sometimes every speaker and sub will go out except bose subwoofer in back. I'm thinking maybe the wires from the loc to head unit came undone and are getting crossed over with other wires maybe?

Closed Thread