Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 4Ohm DVC and Zapco REF 350 Amp wiring quesiton

audiofx81 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4Ohm DVC and Zapco REF 350 Amp wiring quesiton

Hey all i have a Zapco Reference 350 amp, whioch will put out 350x1 @ 4ohms bridged. My question is, how should i wire my sub (im thinking of getting a JL 12w6v2) The sub is 4ohm DVC, now if i do series or parrallel wiring i wont stay @ 4ohms, one way will be 8 oine will be 2 ohms, correct? Im not sure which way to go about wiring the sub, if i go 2ohms my amp will be drawing alot more power correct? I have 4ga wire split at the distro block into 2 8ga. I am running Zapco C2K 3.0 2 x 75 rms for comp set and want to do one sub with my Zapco 350 reference amop 350 x 1 rms @ 4ohm. What kind of suggestions do you all have for me to wire up my sub and get the best results with my current setup. Thanks

-------------------------------
    ECLIPSE CD8445 w/ SIR-ECL1
    DLS Iridium 6.2 comps. powerd by Zapco C2K 3.0
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 by Zapco Ref. 350
    Dynamated Drivers and Passengers Door fully
    Streetwires for all wiring. 4ga > 8ga power, 14ga speaker.
    Zapco Symbilink Fully Balanced System

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 4Ohm DVC and Zapco REF 350 Amp wiring quesiton

Quote Originally Posted by audiofx81
    one way will be 8 oine will be 2 ohms, correct?
    Yes, parallel = 2ohm, series = 8ohm

if i go 2ohms my amp will be drawing alot more power correct?
    Doesn't matter. Your amp is not 2ohm mono stable, which means you do not want to run the amp into a 2ohm load when bridged.

I am running Zapco C2K 3.0 2 x 75 rms for comp set and want to do one sub with my Zapco 350 reference amop 350 x 1 rms @ 4ohm. What kind of suggestions do you all have for me to wire up my sub and get the best results with my current setup. Thanks
    That C2K is 2ohm mono stable, correct? If so, simply run the 3.0 on the sub, and the 350.2 to the comp set I don't remember the RMS rating on the w6v2, so you may need to set the gains on the 3.0 conservatively. But, running the w6v2 on the 350.2 is simply not going to work well, no matter what you try. 2ohm mono is too low for the amp to handle, and 8ohm mono wouldn't give the sub enough power.

Given your equipment, this is the only way you can run a w6v2 without buying a new amp. And frankly, it isn't a bad option at all to switch the amps around and run the C2K on the sub instead of the 350.2.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798
    Yes, parallel = 2ohm, series = 8ohm

Doesn't matter. Your amp is not 2ohm mono stable, which means you do not want to run the amp into a 2ohm load when bridged.

That C2K is 2ohm mono stable, correct? If so, simply run the 3.0 on the sub, and the 350.2 to the comp set I don't remember the RMS rating on the w6v2, so you may need to set the gains on the 3.0 conservatively. But, running the w6v2 on the 350.2 is simply not going to work well, no matter what you try. 2ohm mono is too low for the amp to handle, and 8ohm mono wouldn't give the sub enough power.

Given your equipment, this is the only way you can run a w6v2 without buying a new amp. And frankly, it isn't a bad option at all to switch the amps around and run the C2K on the sub instead of the 350.2.
    Yeah that would be a good plan but i really dont wanna shell out the cash for another C2k, (EDIT: misread you said switch them around thought you said switch all to c2k amps)i might just choose a SVC sub, since i havent purchased the sub yet but already own the amps. i figured to put my cleanest best amp on the comps, and the reference would run 1 10 or 12 just fine, i dont need a bunch of bass just a nice clean SQ setup with alittle bump. Got any recommendations for a sub to use with the 350 ? Thjanks for the very helpful informative information squeek

one more edit: if i get a DVC sub and get a dual 2OHM one and run it inj series it would be 4ohms and thje 350watts should be decent, or should i choose a good SVC sub @ 4ohms?
    Last edited by audiofx81; 05-24-2005 at 08:23 PM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

squeek by the way, my C2K 3.0 states 1Ohm mono stable., However i saw on the zapco forum someone asked if the c2k 3.0 and 6.0 are 2ohm mono stable and the answear was no *shrug* so looks like my choices include purchasing a new amp or a nice SVC sub or i can even go 1 10 or 12 W0's from JL they dont take much power and 2 10's of the W0 would most likely have same sound and bass bump as one of their high models that handles more power. << (or am i completely wrong)

Closed Thread