Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Reload Thread: Wtb: Volt Meter

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Wtb: Volt Meter

    Looking to get a good cheap meter that will work.. I know there is some like stinger but just seeing if anyone has one on here.







  2. #2
    bmk6795's Avatar
    bmk6795 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    1,102
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Wtb: Volt Meter

    look on ebay for ones that plug into thecigarettelighteron Ebay, there were some in new York for like 4 bucks, i bought one and checked my voltage with a fluke multimeter multiple times and every time themultimeter read the same as the volt meter



    Link to Itrader feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1017953

  3. #3
    SUNDOWNBITCH's Avatar
    SUNDOWNBITCH is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: Wtb: Volt Meter

    Quote Originally Posted by bmk6795 View Post
    look on ebay for ones that plug into thecigarettelighteron Ebay, there were some in new York for like 4 bucks, i bought one and checked my voltage with a fluke multimeter multiple times and every time themultimeter read the same as the volt meter
    How is that going to read my amps voltage??




  4. #4
    bmk6795's Avatar
    bmk6795 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    1,102
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Wtb: Volt Meter

    it reads the voltage of my battery, and the voltage of my battery and at my amp are the same. apologies fortryingtohelp, gl.



    Link to Itrader feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1017953

  5. #5
    SUNDOWNBITCH's Avatar
    SUNDOWNBITCH is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: Wtb: Volt Meter

    Quote Originally Posted by bmk6795 View Post
    it reads the voltage of my battery, and the voltage of my battery and at my amp are the same. apologies fortryingtohelp, gl.
    Ahhh I see, thanks man




  6. #6
    Kingstroker's Avatar
    Kingstroker is offline Mr Dique



    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Guthrie, OK
    Posts
    381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Wtb: Volt Meter

    Since you mentioned Stinger I'm assuming you are wanting to measure voltage available to the Amp. In that case almost anywhere in the car will get you within a few tenths of a volt. The closer to the amp, the more accurate on what you amp is receiving, at the battery for what is available. For me, I would run wires from my battery that way I can see how my whole system is doing.
    I'm in the market for some good USA or German tweets, how do you like your Rainbows and how much power do you put to them?



    '05 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 4X4 Off Road Modded Powerstroke
    Rebuild in process
    Pioneer DEH 80PRS
    Modded Linear Power LP4753IQ
    Front Woofer: Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5"
    Front Tweeter: SEAS Neos in pods
    Back: Pioneer TS-D6802R
    Knukonceptz Karma 12ga
    Stinger HPM3 RCA's
    Big 8: PhoenixGold Oga

  7. #7
    momofx's Avatar
    momofx is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    IL, USA
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Wtb: Volt Meter

    Just thought I would let you know that I bought two of those cheap ones on ebay from China and both do not read correctly. After a few months, one started reading 11.9 when my battery is at 12.8 according to my Fluke and obviously the Fluke meter is right lol. Some people have had good luck with them I guess...

    Everyone I talked to who run the Stinger meter said it works perfect so you might want that one.




  8. #8
    SUNDOWNBITCH's Avatar
    SUNDOWNBITCH is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: Wtb: Volt Meter

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstroker View Post
    Since you mentioned Stinger I'm assuming you are wanting to measure voltage available to the Amp. In that case almost anywhere in the car will get you within a few tenths of a volt. The closer to the amp, the more accurate on what you amp is receiving, at the battery for what is available. For me, I would run wires from my battery that way I can see how my whole system is doing.
    I'm in the market for some good USA or German tweets, how do you like your Rainbows and how much power do you put to them?
    I love these rainbow tweeters.. Best sounding tweeters I have ever had! I'm running 200 watts to them as a pair, 100 each and they sound loud and clean!




  9. #9
    Bobfig's Avatar
    Bobfig is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Wtb: Volt Meter





Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. WTB Volt meter
    By mossberg385t in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 06:56 AM
  2. WTB: Volt Meter
    By BeAlLsTaR13 in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 11:05 PM
  3. wtb volt meter
    By truckcap22 in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 02:08 AM
  4. WTB: Volt Meter
    By RidnClean in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 10:32 PM
  5. WTB: Volt Meter Smaller The Better
    By Got_Bass89 in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 06:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum