BigV1982 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 8'' SVC TC Sounds TC1000 sub

My old setup in my civic consists of 2 of these sealed in 1cubic ft. that are being fed by a PG Xenon 200.4 bridged to 400x2. and my other PG Xenon 200.4 is powering my 4 6.5 BA Pros (old school versions) which is geared for SQ right now. Looking for more of an SQL set up instead, so i want to get 1 more to run 3 of them also sealed and be powered off my PG Xenon 1200.1 amp that i've had in storage for quite some time! As you can tell i'm a PG enthusiast! Quite honestly, i like the punchyness and clean sound of these 8's and the fact that it can play all genres of music with accuracy and without being overwhelming. Shore i can sell my 2 8's and get 1 nice 12'' or possibly 2 10'' subs! But i like to be different, not many people in my area run 8's and few if any, would opt them over 10's or 12's. Majority like to be loud and obnoxious and that's not me!!

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I have two but I'm struggling with the idea of splitting them up. I was planning on building a pair of subs for my office using these.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what if the price was right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Shoot me a PM with the price you've got in mind, I'll give it fair consideration and see if I can figure out something different for my office.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigV1982 View Post
    what if the price was right?
    Your inbox is full. I'll shoot pics and vid tonight.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry about that! Will take care of it. Looking forward to seeing pics of them

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

These are used but I have not used them, yet. I gave them a few hours of break-in as seen in this video. --> http://youtu.be/s45s6eOyvuw

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i'm not able to see the video clip. It's says that it's private

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Sorry about that, fixed it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

do you have the rubber trim ring covers for them as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I could probably come up with one but I can't guarantee that.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2