Boomsday is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Re: Something That Murders the Lows

Quote Originally Posted by GreekBrotha8 View Post
    How much? Also I'm pretty uneducated when it comes to this stuff, what does BL mmean? Always wondered lol
    $350shipped

BL - The magnetic strength of the motor structure. "Expressed in Tesla meters, this is a measurement of the motor strength of a speaker. Think of this as how good a weightlifter the transducer is. A measured mass is applied to the cone forcing it back while the current required for the motor to force the mass back is measured. The formula is mass in grams divided by the current in amperes. A high BL figure indicates a very strong transducer that moves the cone with authority!"

GreekBrotha8 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomsday View Post
    $350shipped

BL - The magnetic strength of the motor structure. "Expressed in Tesla meters, this is a measurement of the motor strength of a speaker. Think of this as how good a weightlifter the transducer is. A measured mass is applied to the cone forcing it back while the current required for the motor to force the mass back is measured. The formula is mass in grams divided by the current in amperes. A high BL figure indicates a very strong transducer that moves the cone with authority!"
    Thanks for the info man! I'll let you know about that atmos.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What about a Fi sp4? Would a 1000 watts just be wasted on it? I realize this is on the wanting to buy section and I apologize for all the questions lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

What about a Fi sp4? Would a 1000 watts just be wasted on it? I realize this is on the wanting to buy section and I apologize for all the questions lol
    Yep, they are kinda inefficient, from what I have seen, stick with a nice 3" coil until you get more power

KTMrida4life is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Id get a 15" of some sort with a 3" coil.. something that can take the power. If you dont have much airspace to work with, like me in my car, gotta have a beefier sub and more power to throw at it..

1995 Nissan 240SX 5 speed , 37k original miles
    -Headunit: JVC AHD-69
    -Speakers: Polk Audio DB6501 comps
    -Speaker amp: Diamond D104 old school SQ made in USA, running active on the polks ^^
    -Sub: D4 SA12 in a 1.7~cube box tuned to 33
    -Sub amp: Sundown SAZ 3k @ 2 ohms
    -Electrical: 115A Nissan quest alt, Big 3 with 1/0, C&D 75ah under hood, Power 102aH in trunk.
    -Trunk, doors, and rear deck w/ AT 60mil. Doors are sealed. Trunk lid deadened with great stuff + SS Spectrum. Roof also done with SS Spectrum

PapaGeno21 is offline Captain Questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You don't want an sp4 unless you have 3500-4000 watts to move it.

Team Tantric
    | Pioneer | DC Audio | Tantric | Crescendo | XS Power | SHCA & Knu | CDT | DC Power |

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yep, they are kinda inefficient, from what I have seen, stick with a nice 3" coil until you get more power
    Alright final question for you boomsday, how would a fully loaded fi btl n2 work for my application? Better than the atmos? Hes selling it for 300+shipping which I thought was a pretty good price.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Alright final question for you boomsday, how would a fully loaded fi btl n2 work for my application? Better than the atmos? Hes selling it for 300+shipping which I thought was a pretty good price.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

The atmos will murder the lows better, it will sound better, and still be very loud, but the BTL has the potential to get louder if you wanted to switch it up to an spl setup, but for a daily low end monster, not many can touch an Atmos

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3