Reload Thread: RF T2 4" coil motors

beatnbronco is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RF T2 4" coil motors

I'm looking for 3 motors from the RF T2 Power series subs, the one's with the shiney aluminum cone w/power across the face. I have 1 already and need 3 more to build my 18's. No junk please, they won't do any good if they have cracks in the ferrite or shifted poles, only good condition motors please. They didn't come with mounting holes in the top plate so i'll need to drill and tap some and plan to use TI baskets. Budget for each motor is $75 plus shipping tops. I still need to purchase softparts to fit. Thanks for the help

Dtrom is offline MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Re: RF T2 4" coil motors

Will the hx2 4" coil motor work here?

REFS alot

Joseph7195 is online now Can't Walk, I still F*ck

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

One of my favorite line of subs! Tons of motor force and excellent cooling (once you get rid of the big basket, lol). But I will keep my eyes out for some, but you have to remember to open up a build log and show us what awesome stuff you get built!!

Alpine 9833
    Boston Accoustics Front & Rear
    Cadence United Series Vegas 4 Channel
    Cadence S2W12-D2
    Cadence United Series Dakota Mono Amp
    Duralast 1,000 amp battery, X-Static 2,000 Amp Battery
    Rockford Foagate 1/0 wire, and interconnects
    Cadence shielded RCA wire
    Dynamat sound deadening, Fatmat sound deadening

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dtrom View Post
    Will the hx2 4" coil motor work here?
    Two different motors

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph7195 View Post
    One of my favorite line of subs! Tons of motor force and excellent cooling (once you get rid of the big basket, lol). But I will keep my eyes out for some, but you have to remember to open up a build log and show us what awesome stuff you get built!!
    Ya but you have to machine the top plate to fit other baskets which *****...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

power hx2 won't work man..great motor though! i'll do a build log even if i don't find all 4, it's gonna be good stuff to watch man. it's a sub i bought off ebay, never seen one in person but the package was around 70lbs. I bought it with a bad coil and noticed as i was taking the frame assembly apart that the motor makes up 90% of the weight. I have atomic apx 18's i'm bumpin right now that have 3" coils. I'm curious how this RF motor will stack up against my atomic motors with the RF being heavier, more ferrite and uses a larger coil....

Joseph7195 is online now Can't Walk, I still F*ck

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beatnbronco View Post
    power hx2 won't work man..great motor though! i'll do a build log even if i don't find all 4, it's gonna be good stuff to watch man. it's a sub i bought off ebay, never seen one in person but the package was around 70lbs. I bought it with a bad coil and noticed as i was taking the frame assembly apart that the motor makes up 90% of the weight. I have atomic apx 18's i'm bumpin right now that have 3" coils. I'm curious how this RF motor will stack up against my atomic motors with the RF being heavier, more ferrite and uses a larger coil....
    There is a listing on a Facebook classifieds group for three up for sale. If you want, pm me and I will get you added to the group

Alpine 9833
    Boston Accoustics Front & Rear
    Cadence United Series Vegas 4 Channel
    Cadence S2W12-D2
    Cadence United Series Dakota Mono Amp
    Duralast 1,000 amp battery, X-Static 2,000 Amp Battery
    Rockford Foagate 1/0 wire, and interconnects
    Cadence shielded RCA wire
    Dynamat sound deadening, Fatmat sound deadening

7. Thanks beatnbronco thanked for this post
    nu2spl is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

so they did the same thing Pioneer did with a big sub,so the t2 power has a 4" coil?? interesting,didnt know that,i have a buddy that has 7 of these,4 are blown ill see if he wants to get rid of them

bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

9. Thanks beatnbronco thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nu2spl View Post
    so they did the same thing Pioneer did with a big sub,so the t2 power has a 4" coil?? interesting,didnt know that,i have a buddy that has 7 of these,4 are blown ill see if he wants to get rid of them
    thank the lawd!! that would make this quest easier..i gotta have 3 is all and pls pm me a price he's thinkin on em shipped to 31904...thx spl

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

thank the lawd!! that would make this quest easier..i gotta have 3 is all and pls pm me a price he's thinkin on em shipped to 31904...thx spl
    ok when he gets back to me ill let you know

bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

shoot me a PM on the price, if its right i may snag the 4th blown one... i love 4" motors.

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks man..i got a little $ funded for this project so if his prices are affordable for me i'll get 3 of em. i wanted to use TI baskets but those are too expensive in my taste just to run bigger spiders. i still don't understand how this T2 motor uses a bigger coil, has more ferrite and heavier than my atomics, but RF only rated it for 1200rms and my atomics are 3k..is it cuz the atomics have a thicker top plate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

thanks man..i got a little $ funded for this project so if his prices are affordable for me i'll get 3 of em. i wanted to use TI baskets but those are too expensive in my taste just to run bigger spiders. i still don't understand how this T2 motor uses a bigger coil, has more ferrite and heavier than my atomics, but RF only rated it for 1200rms and my atomics are 3k..is it cuz the atomics have a thicker top plate?
    that and its a better motor,and the soft parts are better

under construction:

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

he still hasnt got back to me yet,he works out of town,he is in florida right now,he should get back to me tonight.

under construction:

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

hey man he finally got back to me,he said he has called RF and they are sending him recones for them,so i guess he isnt selling them now,sorry man didnt mean to waste your time.just last week he was wanting me to get rid of them for him lol i guess things change

under construction:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey man he finally got back to me,he said he has called RF and they are sending him recones for them,so i guess he isnt selling them now,sorry man didnt mean to waste your time.just last week he was wanting me to get rid of them for him lol i guess things change
    it's not over yet man, people change their minds on builds..no waste of time, i still got a few leads. thanks for letting me know and pls keep me in the loop if he changes his mind, even if he just sells me 1 it get's me closer to being complete

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast