Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 66

Reload Thread: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

  1. #31
    Chriszle's Avatar
    Chriszle is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    Running that much power will require electical upgrades. You will want to look into upgrading your alternator and adding a battery or batteries.







  2. #32
    hondacivic94's Avatar
    hondacivic94 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England London
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    i got 750 to spend on my amp/amps

    i was thinking about getting Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bd x2




  3. #33
    Chriszle's Avatar
    Chriszle is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    But do you have a large enough alternator, or enough batteries to support that much amplifier power?




  4. #34
    hondacivic94's Avatar
    hondacivic94 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England London
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    Quote Originally Posted by Chriszle View Post
    But do you have a large enough alternator, or enough batteries to support that much amplifier power?
    yea i asked a few members and they gave me some good advice about upgrading my car. I drive a honda civic lsi coupe 1994 1.5. You can give me some advice if you want. well it would be great for me




  5. #35
    Chriszle's Avatar
    Chriszle is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    Well a general rule of thumb is you need 75amps for every 1000 watts RMS you plan on running. As far as specific upgrades for a 5000 watt system, I would say 2 good group 3100 batteries in back and a 220 amp or so alternator.




  6. #36
    -01limited-'s Avatar
    -01limited- is offline Where are my 72 virgins?



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    812 Indiana/409 Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    Quote Originally Posted by hondacivic94 View Post
    yea i asked a few members and they gave me some good advice about upgrading my car. I drive a honda civic lsi coupe 1994 1.5. You can give me some advice if you want. well it would be great for me
    Well I can tell you this if you're running your stock alt you might as well just buy those amps and give them to someone because your alternator is not going to be able to keep up with the current those amps need and therefor they will go up in a puff of smoke.



    2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    Mach 5 ixl 18.4
    7 cubes tuned to 34hz
    Hifonics Brutus 2k
    Knu Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Buick View Post
    Why?? You still haven't learned to eat my balls in the WTEMB section.

  7. #37
    hondacivic94's Avatar
    hondacivic94 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England London
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    Quote Originally Posted by Chriszle View Post
    Well a general rule of thumb is you need 75amps for every 1000 watts RMS you plan on running. As far as specific upgrades for a 5000 watt system, I would say 2 good group 3100 batteries in back and a 220 amp or so alternator.
    how much you think the batteries would cost me?




  8. #38
    hondacivic94's Avatar
    hondacivic94 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England London
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    Quote Originally Posted by -01limited- View Post
    Well I can tell you this if you're running your stock alt you might as well just buy those amps and give them to someone because your alternator is not going to be able to keep up with the current those amps need and therefor they will go up in a puff of smoke.
    this is true and it would cost me more money to keep replacing it. I jsut got a Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bd for 450 plus shipping to the uk is that good?




  9. #39
    -01limited-'s Avatar
    -01limited- is offline Where are my 72 virgins?



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    812 Indiana/409 Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    Quote Originally Posted by hondacivic94 View Post
    this is true and it would cost me more money to keep replacing it. I jsut got a Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bd for 450 plus shipping to the uk is that good?
    Better spend the rest of that cash you got on an alt, I know your stocker is under 100 amps, and 2500 watts is gonna draw wayyyyyyyy more than 100 amps.



    2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    Mach 5 ixl 18.4
    7 cubes tuned to 34hz
    Hifonics Brutus 2k
    Knu Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Buick View Post
    Why?? You still haven't learned to eat my balls in the WTEMB section.

  10. #40
    Chriszle's Avatar
    Chriszle is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    I would stick to 1 2500, and see how you like that. Dang, beat me to it again, use rest of your amp money to upgrade your alternator. My stock accord alternator put out something like 60 amps (one of smallest on the market), if I remember right.




  11. #41
    hondacivic94's Avatar
    hondacivic94 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England London
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    Quote Originally Posted by Chriszle View Post
    I would stick to 1 2500, and see how you like that. Dang, beat me to it again, use rest of your amp money to upgrade your alternator. My stock accord alternator put out something like 60 amps if I remember right.

    haha wht did i beat you with this time?Thanks for the advice everyone! But what do u think with it only doing 2500 rms? the sub is capable of 5000rms :s




  12. #42
    Chriszle's Avatar
    Chriszle is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    Nah limited, with his suggestion to upgrade your alternator with the rest of your money. That is the best choice you could make. It will be wired to 1 ohm, which is perfect for 1 RF 2500. With a nice altnernator, your system will be plenty loud, if you can get the box to fit in your trunk that is. If this is your first system, I think that 2500 RMS on 1 18 will be enough to make you sh*t your pants. If you want more power then that, buying a 2nd RF 2500 will be basically useless to you because of how you will have to wire it. The audiopipe aqx3500 that was suggested would give you more power, but then you will need to spend even more in electrical upgrades.




  13. #43
    -01limited-'s Avatar
    -01limited- is offline Where are my 72 virgins?



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    812 Indiana/409 Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    Quote Originally Posted by hondacivic94 View Post
    haha wht did i beat you with this time?Thanks for the advice everyone! But what do u think with it only doing 2500 rms? the sub is capable of 5000rms :s
    My sub is capable of seeing 1500 if it wanted too, but with it being a svc 4 ohm, it only sees about 600. The box was built a little bit bigger to help with the efficiency on lower power. Theres other ways you can do things to help out the sub with lower power. Any single sub on 2500 watts should sound good.



    2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    Mach 5 ixl 18.4
    7 cubes tuned to 34hz
    Hifonics Brutus 2k
    Knu Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Buick View Post
    Why?? You still haven't learned to eat my balls in the WTEMB section.

  14. #44
    hondacivic94's Avatar
    hondacivic94 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England London
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    Quote Originally Posted by Chriszle View Post
    Nah limited, with his suggestion to upgrade your alternator with the rest of your money. That is the best choice you could make. It will be wired to 1 ohm, which is perfect for 1 RF 2500. With a nice altnernator, your system will be plenty loud, if you can get the box to fit in your trunk that is. If this is your first system, I think that 2500 RMS on 1 18 will be enough to make you sh*t your pants.
    well this is the advice that i need!

    but what do u think of price? 450?




  15. #45
    Chriszle's Avatar
    Chriszle is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

    Re: NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

    I do not no much about RF pricing myself because I feel there are better options for the money. Also trying to squeeze that 18 into the trunk of a civic coupe is going to be a challenge, unless your planning on doing a wall (which will be even more of a challenge lol)




Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum