Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 145

Reload Thread: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

  1. #121
    Why So Cereal?'s Avatar
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Drowning in milk
    Posts
    7,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1555 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    Finally got around to a little listening on some music.

    Gonna watch a couple movies before I do the review though.

    I hate that I can't get the full 5.1 surround sound as I don't have a preamp with 5.1 preouts so it's essentially just 5 channel stereo, it seems.

    Correct me if I'm wrong on that VMI







  2. #122
    mat3833's Avatar
    mat3833 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    mine was able to do 5.1 with only a 2.1 input. just finnished my review here: Amazon.com: VM Audio EXMS550T 5.1 Home Multimedia Surround Sound Speaker System w/ USB: Electronics

    Matt



    Star Mountain Nuthugger #5
    12" TC9 in 1.39 cubes @30hz
    Boston Acoustics GT-2300 @4 ohms bridged.

    Quote Originally Posted by double 07 View Post
    Sub cutout got a little skar on it...dad blamed round over bit bearing came flying off.......LOL.......
    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    A little Skar on it? Was it a B-stock bit?
    Refs:
    bought from Nitefury360, Tallic, SPLaudio X2
    Traded with Marleyskater420

  3. #123
    LuckyatVMI's Avatar
    LuckyatVMI is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE (VMInnovations HQ)
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    Finally got around to a little listening on some music.

    Gonna watch a couple movies before I do the review though.

    I hate that I can't get the full 5.1 surround sound as I don't have a preamp with 5.1 preouts so it's essentially just 5 channel stereo, it seems.

    Correct me if I'm wrong on that VMI
    In order to get full 5.1, I believe it is required to use all of the appropriate inputs in the back of the system. This means your DVD/Blu-Ray player must have a multi-channel analog/RCA outputs. If you try to play 5.1 via 1x RCA/3.5mm cable, like you noted, it'll be a 5 channel stereo + sub.

    I'll confirm this with the product manager.



    Question to all - how important is it for these systems to have the digital optical audio? Would you as a consumer pay an extra $5 to have that input?
    Last edited by LuckyatVMI; 02-11-2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: optical input




  4. #124
    nismos14's Avatar
    nismos14 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    I would actually pay more for an optical input rather then output, and/or an HDMI input for digital audio.






    Car audio IS an addiction.
    C.A.A.A Member #1
    (Car Audio Addicts Anonymous)
    Refs http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278560-nismos14-feedback-refs-thread.html


  5. Thanks LuckyatVMI thanked for this post
  6. #125
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1693 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    Boxing mine up to take it to the office, but I did get some preliminary listening tests in. Kinda bummed the USB doesn't charge nor play m iPhone, but I have alternate methods of getting sound out anyway. It'll take a while for my review, but there will be a thread here for in-depth coverage with the summary posted on VMI and Amazon.



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  7. Likes LuckyatVMI liked this post
  8. #126
    Why So Cereal?'s Avatar
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Drowning in milk
    Posts
    7,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1555 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    Quote Originally Posted by nismos14 View Post
    I would actually pay more for an optical input rather then output, and/or an HDMI input for digital audio.
    This all the way




  9. #127
    LuckyatVMI's Avatar
    LuckyatVMI is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE (VMInnovations HQ)
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Boxing mine up to take it to the office, but I did get some preliminary listening tests in. Kinda bummed the USB doesn't charge nor play m iPhone, but I have alternate methods of getting sound out anyway. It'll take a while for my review, but there will be a thread here for in-depth coverage with the summary posted on VMI and Amazon.
    At the moment the USB input only plays media from a flash drive, I'll check with the product manager to see if we can add the functionality to play from a smart phone. You can however use the included 3.5mm cable to play from an iphone/android.

    Also, the 5.1 system I'm using charges my android but I haven't tested the iPhone - will report in a few.




  10. #128
    nismos14's Avatar
    nismos14 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    The 5.1 I have DID charge my iPhone 5 too.






    Car audio IS an addiction.
    C.A.A.A Member #1
    (Car Audio Addicts Anonymous)
    Refs http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278560-nismos14-feedback-refs-thread.html


  11. #129
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1693 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyatVMI View Post
    At the moment the USB input only plays media from a flash drive, I'll check with the product manager to see if we can add the functionality to play from a smart phone. You can however use the included 3.5mm cable to play from an iphone/android.

    Also, the 5.1 system I'm using charges my android but I haven't tested the iPhone - will report in a few.
    Yep, not a big deal. I use a JBL dock at work to charge anyway and it has a 3.5mm out so that's what I'll probably end up using most of the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by nismos14 View Post
    The 5.1 I have DID charge my iPhone 5 too.
    Nice, man. Wasn't so lucky (no pun intended) on my model. But it's not a dealbreaker since the audio out from the 3.5mm is more than decent.



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  12. #130
    pickup1's Avatar
    pickup1 is offline Audiosystem,Dynaudio...



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Roanoke,TX
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    672 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    mine charged my sons ipod and played it too,even changed the tracks..




  13. #131
    mat3833's Avatar
    mat3833 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    dbl post



    Star Mountain Nuthugger #5
    12" TC9 in 1.39 cubes @30hz
    Boston Acoustics GT-2300 @4 ohms bridged.

    Quote Originally Posted by double 07 View Post
    Sub cutout got a little skar on it...dad blamed round over bit bearing came flying off.......LOL.......
    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    A little Skar on it? Was it a B-stock bit?
    Refs:
    bought from Nitefury360, Tallic, SPLaudio X2
    Traded with Marleyskater420

  14. #132
    mat3833's Avatar
    mat3833 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    i just wish the cables were longer. if i didnt already have a HT system i would have had to buy 30+ worth or RCAs and extenders to make it work. fortunatly, even if i had to spend the extra it would still be worth it. in 2.1 mode it literally destroyed my Klipsch Promedia 2.1. the klipsch had slightly more definition in the sub range, but i could only tell when i played my pipe organ music(im a sick bastard, i know.)

    and as for inputs, HDMI would be nice as would optical. but im pretty happy with whats on it. if i could change a single thing i would make the cabinet a bit bigger and have it tuned lower. my system appeared to have a tuning of ~40hz

    Matt

    Matt



    Star Mountain Nuthugger #5
    12" TC9 in 1.39 cubes @30hz
    Boston Acoustics GT-2300 @4 ohms bridged.

    Quote Originally Posted by double 07 View Post
    Sub cutout got a little skar on it...dad blamed round over bit bearing came flying off.......LOL.......
    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    A little Skar on it? Was it a B-stock bit?
    Refs:
    bought from Nitefury360, Tallic, SPLaudio X2
    Traded with Marleyskater420

  15. Likes LuckyatVMI liked this post
  16. #133
    LuckyatVMI's Avatar
    LuckyatVMI is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE (VMInnovations HQ)
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    Update: just tested your 2.1 system EXCS210 and it did charge both the iPhone 5 and the Android.. What version of iPhone do you have? Perhaps the charging cable wasn't all the way in?

    Thank you once again for all these valuable feedback.

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Yep, not a big deal. I use a JBL dock at work to charge anyway and it has a 3.5mm out so that's what I'll probably end up using most of the time.



    Nice, man. Wasn't so lucky (no pun intended) on my model. But it's not a dealbreaker since the audio out from the 3.5mm is more than decent.




  17. #134
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    Wow, I missed this entire thread it seems. Great deal for those who won. The system doesn't look to bad, I agree with the optical input or other method of inputs that are more common then separate channels though.




  18. #135
    SourDeez's Avatar
    SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fuqy u
    Posts
    4,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

    Re: FREE Surround Sound 5.1 & 2.1 Speakers - who's in?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyatVMI View Post
    In order to get full 5.1, I believe it is required to use all of the appropriate inputs in the back of the system. This means your DVD/Blu-Ray player must have a multi-channel analog/RCA outputs. If you try to play 5.1 via 1x RCA/3.5mm cable, like you noted, it'll be a 5 channel stereo + sub.

    I'll confirm this with the product manager.



    Question to all - how important is it for these systems to have the digital optical audio? Would you as a consumer pay an extra $5 to have that input?
    Considering my 5.1 didnt have that at all, yes.

    I tested mine over the weekened and was happy with it, but only able to use it 2 channel via 3.5mm.. no USB or any other inputs on mine

    (I got the white 5.1 set)

    I'll write a review sometime this week after more use of it. But so far I am pleased with the SQ and would say its better than any pair of computer speakers that ive ever owned (expensive logitech etc)



    Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sound Stream Xstream amps.....
    By Trixter in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 11:26 AM
  2. Hooking up surround sound
    By demoni_ac in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2004, 02:26 PM
  3. 5.1 Surround Sound (center speaker)
    By zodiacfish in forum Speakers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 04:16 PM
  4. Install and surround sound on the clarion dvd
    By webejamin_1982 in forum Car Video, Security and Electronics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-29-2003, 01:45 AM
  5. Where to get dynamat cheap? Sound dead or amp for highs?
    By JonBoy in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2002, 03:50 PM

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum