Anyone in the Dallas/FW area have good references for an installer that does good work on BMWs? I have a 2002 BMW 3 series, it has the Karmon ****** audio "upgrade", but I still don't find it all that great.
I am looking for a dealership that can upgrade my audio w/o changing out my head unit. Normally that would not be hard, except that I researche the BMW K-H system and found that
- the factory BMW HU has balanced outputs (vs RCA or speaker level outputs I am used to)
- the K-H upgrade includes already an amp that takes these balanced inputs, and puts out sound to speakers throughout the car; the hard part is that I think the amp and speakers are "matched" for the best sound -> have to replace both speakers and amp (this is more work/$$$ but basically ok).
I think I am looking at
- 4 or 6 channel amp that takes balanced inputs (like ADS or JL Audio)
- 2 or 3 pairs of good component speakers
- 2 channel amp
- a pair of nice subs and enclosure
To get the sound I am wanting..
I know- not cheap...but I am willing to pay a GOOD installer who has done this before, as good sounding music in my car is really important (I spend a lot of time driving it and I need a good system).
Any ideas? Any good places you can suggest to go? I love the car, but the music really needs a real upgrade.