+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67

Reload Thread: Sundown x8 burned coil

  1. #31
    XxAndreaxX's Avatar
    XxAndreaxX is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    hi guys:
    The enclosure was sealed, and the idea was to keep it sealed, but ported, its muuuch louder and SQ is also better.
    the bass that comes out of that Sub, is simply amazing, very soft and Deep, no Woooo Woooo even with the brazilian **** amp.
    so guys, you are Little wrong about your predictions, I had a high sensibility 8" before, and it was Wooo wooo all day, even if the sub was suited for the enclosure. now with the X8, its another world. so its not always true, the enclosure might be too small for that sundown woofer, but it still sounds many times better than the "right" woofer.

    now, my Smart roadster car, is ment to be a race car, it makes from stock 80HP, now 150HP. so I want to make it as lightweight as posible. the X8, might sound great, but it weights 14kg, that means some 2HP less for my car.
    you can check out some videos of my Smart at my Instagram if you want, @yosoy.andrea, to make an Idea why I'm putting so much effort on a small box. maybe I need some shallow woofer, maybe 10" high excursión, but with less RMS







  2. #32
    shredder2's Avatar
    shredder2 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    1,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    hi guys:
    The enclosure was sealed, and the idea was to keep it sealed, but ported, its muuuch louder and SQ is also better.
    the bass that comes out of that Sub, is simply amazing, very soft and Deep, no Woooo Woooo even with the brazilian **** amp.
    so guys, you are Little wrong about your predictions, I had a high sensibility 8" before, and it was Wooo wooo all day, even if the sub was suited for the enclosure. now with the X8, its another world. so its not always true, the enclosure might be too small for that sundown woofer, but it still sounds many times better than the "right" woofer.

    now, my Smart roadster car, is ment to be a race car, it makes from stock 80HP, now 150HP. so I want to make it as lightweight as posible. the X8, might sound great, but it weights 14kg, that means some 2HP less for my car.
    you can check out some videos of my Smart at my Instagram if you want, @yosoy.andrea, to make an Idea why I'm putting so much effort on a small box. maybe I need some shallow woofer, maybe 10" high excursión, but with less RMS
    "Woooo wooo?"... wtf is that?




  3. #33
    XxAndreaxX's Avatar
    XxAndreaxX is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by shredder2 View Post
    "Woooo wooo?"... wtf is that?
    Wooo wooo, is that cheap high freq bass, that goes into your head. weak speakers, normally make ton of use of wooo wooo, to make the bass sound louder than it actually is. brazilians also love it!
    usually, normal people gets headache after listening more than 10min to that.

    to make an example, the majority of my Friends, only connect the sub to play music at the parking and free air.
    in the car, you end up with headache, it has to be switched off




  4. #34
    shizzzon's Avatar
    shizzzon is offline I am who you think I am



    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    1,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    306 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    I would change the name of this thread to- "The Brazilian Gap Theory".

    If we do not have evidence or at least an idea of what happened... The Brazilian amp did it.




  5. Likes Slo_Ride, pw91686 liked this post
  6. #35
    shredder2's Avatar
    shredder2 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    1,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by shizzzon View Post
    I would change the name of this thread to- "The Brazilian Gap Theory".

    If we do not have evidence or at least an idea of what happened... The Brazilian amp did it.
    Yep... sh*t's gettin deep around here... OP is drowning in his own bs




  7. Likes pw91686 liked this post
  8. #36
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    10,274
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4244 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    I think having any size port stick out 3 feet from a sub enclosure is just stupid. .

    So anybody who has a large box where the port mouth is 3 feet away from the sub is doing it wrong? External port shouldn't be the problem here all things equal, the problem is box volume and likely port tuning and area are off.




  9. #37
    XxAndreaxX's Avatar
    XxAndreaxX is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    So anybody who has a large box where the port mouth is 3 feet away from the sub is doing it wrong? External port shouldn't be the problem here all things equal, the problem is box volume and likely port tuning and area are off.
    port tuning is perfect. its between 25-35hz, the problem is only some air whistle. the tuning freq SPL has nothing to envy to a cheap 15", I'd say its even louder.




  10. #38
    staan's Avatar
    staan is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    new orleans, la
    Posts
    531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    how can something perfect have a questimate of 10 hz?




  11. Likes pw91686 liked this post
  12. #39
    XxAndreaxX's Avatar
    XxAndreaxX is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by staan View Post
    how can something perfect have a questimate of 10 hz?
    because tuning freq is not exactly one, you get a peak on a bunch of freq. therefore, I get a good peak at 30hz more or less




  13. #40
    THATpurpleKUSH's Avatar
    THATpurpleKUSH is online now Smoke weed everyday



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Banging gears and passing queeers
    Posts
    5,785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2331 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    The whistles go woooo, you kno its dat wooo wooo.


    Mfer just called his Smart car a race car. I'm done here, y'all see what i meant about Smart owners on the previous page?




  14. Likes pw91686, XxAndreaxX liked this post
  15. #41
    XxAndreaxX's Avatar
    XxAndreaxX is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by THATpurpleKUSH View Post
    The whistles go woooo, you kno its dat wooo wooo.


    Mfer just called his Smart car a race car. I'm done here, y'all see what i meant about Smart owners on the previous page?

    hahahahaahaah no but, 150hp on a roadster that weights 750kg, its a good ratio. its not a rocket, but its fun. and with a sub that makes no Wooooo, its even more fun!




  16. #42
    Boomin_tahoe's Avatar
    Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    14,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6181 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    So anybody who has a large box where the port mouth is 3 feet away from the sub is doing it wrong? External port shouldn't be the problem here all things equal, the problem is box volume and likely port tuning and area are off.
    Nooo...I never said they were doing it wrong. I said it looks retardedly stupid, as in looks.



    97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Interstate battery
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

  17. #43
    XxAndreaxX's Avatar
    XxAndreaxX is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    Nooo...I never said they were doing it wrong. I said it looks retardedly stupid, as in looks.
    bro, obviously the tube gets hidden, as the sub gets hidden too.




  18. #44
    Boomin_tahoe's Avatar
    Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    14,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6181 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    bro, obviously the tube gets hidden, as the sub gets hidden too.
    lol how can you hide a port that's 3 ft long and it's 6" or more in dia go look on you tube, do some research before posting something dumb again.



    97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Interstate battery
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

  19. #45
    THATpurpleKUSH's Avatar
    THATpurpleKUSH is online now Smoke weed everyday



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Banging gears and passing queeers
    Posts
    5,785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2331 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    lol how can you hide a port that's 3 ft long and it's 6" or more in dia go look on you tube, do some research before posting something dumb again.

    Nothing is more ignorant in this world than a smart car owner, they know everything and nothing can tell them otherwise. Absolute worst people to deal with in every imaginable way.




+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sundown Z v.3 coil
    By RayRay1417 in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 04:09 AM
  2. Sundown Sa-12 SPL Coil
    By g6ryder in forum Subwoofer Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 12:52 PM
  3. Sundown Sa-12 SPL Coil
    By g6ryder in forum Speaker Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 01:38 AM
  4. 2 Sundown SA 12 D4 Spl Coil Recone
    By Toofast4u in forum Subwoofer Classifieds
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 08:14 PM
  5. Difference between burned Cd's and not burned
    By cotjones in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 09:50 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum