+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 67

Reload Thread: Sundown x8 burned coil

  1. #16
    shredder2's Avatar
    shredder2 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    1,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    584 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material. the sub still Works perfect under 50hz. but as you quit the filter, its over.


    Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    nOOOOO!! Forghet about new enclosure! that enclosure is custom made for the car. its a Smart roadster, there's no space for a bigger enclosure. I was thinking about quitting the X8, and fitting something lighter, but same as strong at lows like the X8. But the enclosure is given, I can't get around!


    this thread/subject just won't go away... lol

    Never listens







  2. #17
    mazdakid's Avatar
    mazdakid is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    illnoise
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1350 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    I like your vacuum hose port lol



    06 altima sedan
    Alpine 9887
    Sax 125.4 selenium 6.5s SEAS Prestige 27TAFNC/G
    Dd m4 2 15" fi n2
    traded-pickup1, power-fanatic07, fbi90909
    sold to-superspank, dumple, JoeRa22, sub-FATHER, TrlcKed_OuT, rosrock, dcole18, RaiN, BassAddictJ, tommyk90, MANTI5, Micah_Jones, mrflamboynt, g6ryder, rebelfromva, n8skow, crxbmpn, xr650jkallen, thewes

  3. #18
    JRsmoothee's Avatar
    JRsmoothee is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in the alley behind your house
    Posts
    1,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    where do i get plans for an enclosure build like that!!...



    References: k_schutte, bryce-man, Pickup1, wu501, fo0manchu, scoob8000, Zellner, SPY (box build), stilltippin863, OldOneEye, bigwheel15,
    plugitin

  4. #19
    THATpurpleKUSH's Avatar
    THATpurpleKUSH is online now Smoke weed everyday



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Banging gears and passing queeers
    Posts
    5,676
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2267 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Smart car owner......explains everything now. Anyone who has experience with Smart cars and their weirdo owners know what i mean.




  5. Likes ciaonzo, sherwood71 liked this post
  6. #20
    CplCuddles's Avatar
    CplCuddles is offline Certified Meme Warrior



    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Topeka, KS
    Posts
    391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by THATpurpleKUSH View Post
    Smart car owner......explains everything now. Anyone who has experience with Smart cars and their weirdo owners know what i mean.
    #JohnKuthe



    02 Chevy Tahoe
    Optima Redtop up front
    Big 3
    Stock 130 amp alt (waiting on my mechman 320amp to be shipped)
    Kenwood X599
    Crescendo Audio Symphony Coax's
    Sundown Audio SAX 100.4 & SAZ 1500d
    Sundown Audio X 12v2 @ 29Hz

  7. #21
    sherwood71's Avatar
    sherwood71 is offline Member



    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    east coast, Canada
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    nOOOOO!! Forghet about new enclosure! that enclosure is custom made for the car. its a Smart roadster, there's no space for a bigger enclosure. I was thinking about quitting the X8, and fitting something lighter, but same as strong at lows like the X8. But the enclosure is given, I can't get around!

    first thing you need to do is buy a pallet load of recones for the x-8 and a ton of glue, cuz your gonna need it. Install the enclosure and put the woofer in it. Take your gains on the amps and dial them all the way up. Turn volume up to max on your headunit and enjoy the smell. Clip clip cook woofer, recone and repeat.

    Forget about the x-8 and find yourself a woofer that will work good in the enclosure you have.

    Its in a smart car?? There is definitely room in a smart car for bass as long as you want to sacrifice space.




    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

  8. #22
    poolman966554's Avatar
    poolman966554 is online now Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    NW, PA
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    181 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by THATpurpleKUSH View Post
    Smart car owner......explains everything now. Anyone who has experience with Smart cars and their weirdo owners know what i mean.

    Nothing wrong with a smart car bro.. id drive one.. just not stock.. id love to do what this guy did to one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgwzHJo3IXM



    Avinusa HU for 2007 Honda Crv
    Electrical : Duracell Grp 34 AGM with Big3
    front stage : Sundown Sae 50.4 on DB651s
    Sub amp : AB 4480.1
    Subs : 2) Sundown SA-12s @1 ohm in 3.8cu'ft @ 32hz

  9. #23
    THATpurpleKUSH's Avatar
    THATpurpleKUSH is online now Smoke weed everyday



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Banging gears and passing queeers
    Posts
    5,676
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2267 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by poolman966554 View Post
    Nothing wrong with a smart car bro.. id drive one.. just not stock.. id love to do what this guy did to one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgwzHJo3IXM
    You obviously haven't had a ride in one or worked on one. They are the biggest piles of shit on the road. The people that buy them are weirdos to begin with.




  10. #24
    poolman966554's Avatar
    poolman966554 is online now Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    NW, PA
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    181 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    that may very well be, but the weirdo in me would LOVE to make a drift car outta one!! LMAO



    Avinusa HU for 2007 Honda Crv
    Electrical : Duracell Grp 34 AGM with Big3
    front stage : Sundown Sae 50.4 on DB651s
    Sub amp : AB 4480.1
    Subs : 2) Sundown SA-12s @1 ohm in 3.8cu'ft @ 32hz

  11. #25
    tymoto21's Avatar
    tymoto21 is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    I said before
    You are about the right space for a x6.5

    From pictures there is room in the trunk




  12. #26
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    10,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4190 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    hey guys, I need Advice:
    what should I do?? spend the money to repair my X8?? buy another sub better suited for my enclosure?? I'll hear your hints. I have 800RMS amp.

    attached some pictures of the enclosure. it has a 2" port tuned to 25-30hz

    Little hint: before fitting the X8, I had a 8" 110RMS sub, suited for that enclosure. needless to say, the difference between the correct sub and oversized X8 is day and night (at win for the X8)
    That box is far too small and I suspect the 2" port is inadequate. Since the box is a disaster you are trying to over-drive your amp to get that sub moving.

    Really not sure what you can do if you can't find more space for a proper box. The sub is worth fixing, but you will always have poor results with that box.




  13. #27
    Boomin_tahoe's Avatar
    Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    14,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6149 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    That box is far too small and I suspect the 2" port is inadequate. Since the box is a disaster you are trying to over-drive your amp to get that sub moving.

    Really not sure what you can do if you can't find more space for a proper box. The sub is worth fixing, but you will always have poor results with that box.
    Finally someone said it. Take that papertowel port out of there and quit acting like you know what your doing OP. Sell off that sub for a shallowmount or a sub that's a good fitment for that enclosure. Sundown has a variety of 8's to choose from. But I suspect that building a custom enclosure might be needed since that factory sub enclosure looks hella smallish.



    97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Interstate battery
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

  14. #28
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    10,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4190 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    Finally someone said it. Take that papertowel port out of there and quit acting like you know what your doing OP. Sell off that sub for a shallowmount or a sub that's a good fitment for that enclosure. Sundown has a variety of 8's to choose from. But I suspect that building a custom enclosure might be needed since that factory sub enclosure looks hella smallish.
    Actually, assuming the port is rigid I don't see any huge problem with it apart from turbulence at the opening and diameter may be too small. Not like nobody else uses external ports, not like guys with world records don't use external ports. My beef is port area may be too small and it is very probable that tuning is not optimum for that sub, though that's just going by the fact that it's obviously far too small of a box so you figure something else has been overlooked.

    Sadly English isn't OP's first language so I think getting this really sorted out may be difficult.




  15. #29
    Popwarhomie's Avatar
    Popwarhomie is offline Team Lethal Pressure



    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,313
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2471 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    I used 2 ports for my 6.5 mid woofers.



    2016 Focus ST - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /
    2010 Focus coupe [email protected]
    Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /
    https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie
    Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

  16. #30
    Boomin_tahoe's Avatar
    Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    14,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6149 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown x8 burned coil

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Actually, assuming the port is rigid I don't see any huge problem with it apart from turbulence at the opening and diameter may be too small. Not like nobody else uses external ports, not like guys with world records don't use external ports. My beef is port area may be too small and it is very probable that tuning is not optimum for that sub, though that's just going by the fact that it's obviously far too small of a box so you figure something else has been overlooked.

    Sadly English isn't OP's first language so I think getting this really sorted out may be difficult.
    I think having any size port stick out 3 feet from a sub enclosure is just stupid...my opinion tho. And if the person was using it for SPL burps only might be ok but every day listening is a turn off for me. I don't see how you can call that factory enclosure ok with a hole cut into it that was modified by the OP. I don't think it was ported to begin with. Looked sealed, and OP was doing some "experimenting".



    97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Interstate battery
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sundown Z v.3 coil
    By RayRay1417 in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 04:09 AM
  2. Sundown Sa-12 SPL Coil
    By g6ryder in forum Subwoofer Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 12:52 PM
  3. Sundown Sa-12 SPL Coil
    By g6ryder in forum Speaker Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 01:38 AM
  4. 2 Sundown SA 12 D4 Spl Coil Recone
    By Toofast4u in forum Subwoofer Classifieds
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 08:14 PM
  5. Difference between burned Cd's and not burned
    By cotjones in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 09:50 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum