+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Reload Thread: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

  1. #1
    aebm's Avatar
    aebm is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Icon7 Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

    Hello Group,

    I was wondering what could be my options of a 12' using an old but loyal Rockford Fosgate Punch 300X 4-Ch, I could you all channels for the sub. Also what kind of box woul be best? I have always liked ported (flare stile).

    Thanks for the help and info!







  2. #2
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is offline CHEAP A/F



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    18
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2618 Post(s)

    Re: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

    Quote Originally Posted by aebm View Post
    Hello Group,

    I was wondering what could be my options of a 12' using an old but loyal Rockford Fosgate Punch 300X 4-Ch, I could you all channels for the sub. Also what kind of box woul be best? I have always liked ported (flare stile).

    Thanks for the help and info!
    no u can't run 4 channels to a sub., u can bridge 2 of them to 1 doubt u would have enough power for a sub with that amp.. u should use that amp for mids/highs and get a mono class d sub amp.. which 1 depends on if u get a sundown E, SA, OR X or whatever model.. ported is louder..



    KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    2 ohms rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Popwarhomie View Post
    Shit I値l sleep with you if you do that for me..

  3. Thanks aebm thanked for this post
  4. #3
    aebm's Avatar
    aebm is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

    Thanks for the reply, yes Actually I am searching for a good combo of a an amp and a single 12'. I am on a tight budget but hopefully will find something less than $500?

    Thanks again.




  5. #4
    YukonXL04's Avatar
    YukonXL04 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Arlington,TX
    Posts
    221
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

    Re: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMINGRANDPA View Post
    no u can't run 4 channels to a sub., u can bridge 2 of them to 1 doubt u would have enough power for a sub with that amp.. u should use that amp for mids/highs and get a mono class d sub amp.. which 1 depends on if u get a sundown E, SA, OR X or whatever model.. ported is louder..
    While it is frowned upon, it is possible to use a all 4chs on a sub. I have done it with a dual 4 sub bridged to each 2chs. Worked good in a pinch. Just have to make sure your gains and crossover are set identical. Done it with 2 single 4 subs too.




  6. Thanks aebm thanked for this post
  7. #5
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is offline CHEAP A/F



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    18
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2618 Post(s)

    Re: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

    Quote Originally Posted by aebm View Post
    Thanks for the reply, yes Actually I am searching for a good combo of a an amp and a single 12'. I am on a tight budget but hopefully will find something less than $500?

    Thanks again.
    yeah as he said it can be done, just hard to get same power to each coil.. lots of options in $500 range for say a 600-1k amp and sundown sa even 2 E's for that matter right under $500.. u can get ppi p1k like mine $199 tested over 1000rms @1 ohm or get twisted sounds 1k here real nice amp for the $ and any $200 or so sub of course u need box.. SSA Store - Twisted Sounds TS1KW (TS1KW)



    KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    2 ohms rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Popwarhomie View Post
    Shit I値l sleep with you if you do that for me..

  8. Thanks aebm thanked for this post
  9. #6
    Mayhem's Avatar
    Mayhem is offline Tiddies



    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    392 Post(s)

    Re: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

    Sundown E or SA series.

    Great subs, doesn't take much to move them.

    Are you going to just do a sub swap with what you have currently? If so, you'll most likely need a new box if you want it to perform correctly.
    Also if you upgrade your amp, you'll most likely need a new wiring kit. That stuff will eat into your budget real quick.

    If you truly want to stay under $500, a single e-series 12 on a proper amp, in a proper box will do you well.



    Team Fi 12
    CT 4000.1
    CT 125.4
    CT 60.4
    Crescendo PWX Mids / STS Tweets
    80PRS
    CES 270 Alt
    D3400 and 2 Kinetik HC2400s
    Maxwell supercap banks x2
    Urwifeinthepassenger

  10. Thanks aebm thanked for this post
  11. #7
    aebm's Avatar
    aebm is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

    Thanks for the replies,

    I wil for sure get a new amp for this project, Now Im between the Sundown SAZ-1000D or the Sundown Audio SAE-1000D V.2 or the Skar Audio RP-1500.1D Monoblock or even that Twisted Sounds TS1KW that Boomingrampa recomends...

    For the single 12' I guess I will have to go with the SA-12 D2 REV.3- Sundown Audio 12" 750W Dual 2-Ohm SA Series Subwoofer I'm I good on this choice? Any advice? After that I'll get one of these ported box on eBay around $180 which will exceed my budget but hey, I knew this was going to happen.... : )

    Thanks a lot!!!!




  12. #8
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is offline CHEAP A/F



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    18
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2618 Post(s)

    Re: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

    Quote Originally Posted by aebm View Post
    Thanks for the replies,

    I wil for sure get a new amp for this project, Now Im between the Sundown SAZ-1000D or the Sundown Audio SAE-1000D V.2 or the Skar Audio RP-1500.1D Monoblock or even that Twisted Sounds TS1KW that Boomingrampa recomends...

    For the single 12' I guess I will have to go with the SA-12 D2 REV.3- Sundown Audio 12" 750W Dual 2-Ohm SA Series Subwoofer I'm I good on this choice? Any advice? After that I'll get one of these ported box on eBay around $180 which will exceed my budget but hey, I knew this was going to happen.... : )

    Thanks a lot!!!!
    yep d2 sub is right.. u could also get xtr 650 probably does 800 rms (the 1500 tested at 2200rms they rated at 12.6v) also on ssa.. if u want real nice box get a stage 2 or 3 like this (since u said ebay wanta make sure u get a good one) u can email this guy he'll make it how ever u want u can just tell him make port 2" longer or whatever and u can get it without carpet or terminals if u just drill hole in box run wire straight from sub to amp.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGE-2-POR...75.c100623.m-1 u can pm me with more questions but this is made with dado groves very soild double baffle box.



    KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    2 ohms rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Popwarhomie View Post
    Shit I値l sleep with you if you do that for me..

  13. #9
    Boomin_tahoe's Avatar
    Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    14,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6149 Post(s)

    Re: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

    Quote Originally Posted by aebm View Post
    Thanks for the replies,

    I wil for sure get a new amp for this project, Now Im between the Sundown SAZ-1000D or the Sundown Audio SAE-1000D V.2 or the Skar Audio RP-1500.1D Monoblock or even that Twisted Sounds TS1KW that Boomingrampa recomends...

    For the single 12' I guess I will have to go with the SA-12 D2 REV.3- Sundown Audio 12" 750W Dual 2-Ohm SA Series Subwoofer I'm I good on this choice? Any advice? After that I'll get one of these ported box on eBay around $180 which will exceed my budget but hey, I knew this was going to happen.... : )

    Thanks a lot!!!!
    If it was my $$, I'd get the Twisted Sounds amp....should pound that sub pretty good. Run sub @ 1 ohm, not 2 ohm.

    Also for a box/enclosure for the sub, look on Craigslist or Offerup. There's some local people that build sub enclosures here that advertise on those sites and provide previous work pics. Or in this case, enclosure pics. Shipping a sub enclosure is very expensive.



    97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Interstate battery
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

  14. Thanks aebm thanked for this post
  15. #10
    Boomin_tahoe's Avatar
    Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    14,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6149 Post(s)

    Re: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    If it was my $$, I'd get the Twisted Sounds amp....should pound that sub pretty good. Run sub @ 1 ohm, not 2 ohm.

    Also for a box/enclosure for the sub, look on Craigslist or Offerup. There's some local people that build sub enclosures here that advertise on those sites and provide previous work pics. Or in this case, enclosure pics. Shipping a sub enclosure is very expensive.
    Wait a sec...that link that Cramps provided the seller location is in Miami....and if your truly in Ft. Lauderdale, that's really a stone's throw away from your location. You could very easily go to them for an encllosure and get what you want and don't have to worry about shipping.



    97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Interstate battery
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

  16. Thanks aebm thanked for this post
  17. #11
    joeyyoung's Avatar
    joeyyoung is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Fort Pierce,Florida
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Icon14 Re: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

    sorry to butt in but I need help.....I bought what I think is a Sundown sa 10 d4 at a yard sale. I was wondering why it has a black magnet and most of the pictures I see of them have chrome magnets. or did I get tricked into a different model. I love it either way,just curious. id appereciate any info.




  18. #12
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is offline CHEAP A/F



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    18
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2618 Post(s)

    Re: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyyoung View Post
    sorry to butt in but I need help.....I bought what I think is a Sundown sa 10 d4 at a yard sale. I was wondering why it has a black magnet and most of the pictures I see of them have chrome magnets. or did I get tricked into a different model. I love it either way,just curious. id appereciate any info.
    idk but there is actually a thread about the yardsale look for that and ask there.. Sundown yardsale actually i search sa pics and saw some with black magnets it's fine..



    KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    2 ohms rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Popwarhomie View Post
    Shit I値l sleep with you if you do that for me..

  19. #13
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is offline CHEAP A/F



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    18
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2618 Post(s)

    Re: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    Wait a sec...that link that Cramps provided the seller location is in Miami....and if your truly in Ft. Lauderdale, that's really a stone's throw away from your location. You could very easily go to them for an encllosure and get what you want and don't have to worry about shipping.
    hey that guy did go there and get a box lol.. but he got ppi like mine he asked me how to adjust settings couple weeks ago..



    KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    2 ohms rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Popwarhomie View Post
    Shit I値l sleep with you if you do that for me..

  20. #14
    jigsizzle's Avatar
    jigsizzle is online now Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    tulsa
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyyoung View Post
    sorry to butt in but I need help.....I bought what I think is a Sundown sa 10 d4 at a yard sale. I was wondering why it has a black magnet and most of the pictures I see of them have chrome magnets. or did I get tricked into a different model. I love it either way,just curious. id appereciate any info.
    It's an earlier version

    Sent from my SamsungLife using Tapatalk




  21. Thanks joeyyoung thanked for this post
+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Need your Help/Recommendations for a 2014 Honda Civic LX 4-Door Manual build.
    By casperjv in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2014, 03:56 PM
  2. Single 12 FI Q for two alpine type r's new model?
    By Guyver in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2011, 04:00 PM
  3. My build for my 93 honda civic LX
    By sully8895 in forum Car Audio Build Logs - Cars/Trucks/SUVs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 10:01 PM
  4. WTT my single 12 RE SE for your 12
    By JRsmoothee in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 10:35 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum