Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Icon7 Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

Hello Group,

I was wondering what could be my options of a 12' using an old but loyal Rockford Fosgate Punch 300X 4-Ch, I could you all channels for the sub. Also what kind of box woul be best? I have always liked ported (flare stile).

Thanks for the help and info!

BOOMINGRANDPA is offline NOT TO OLD TO BASS

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1626 Post(s)

Re: Single 12' Sundown Options for a 2017 Honda Civic LX

Quote Originally Posted by aebm View Post
    Hello Group,

I was wondering what could be my options of a 12' using an old but loyal Rockford Fosgate Punch 300X 4-Ch, I could you all channels for the sub. Also what kind of box woul be best? I have always liked ported (flare stile).

Thanks for the help and info!
    no u can't run 4 channels to a sub., u can bridge 2 of them to 1 doubt u would have enough power for a sub with that amp.. u should use that amp for mids/highs and get a mono class d sub amp.. which 1 depends on if u get a sundown E, SA, OR X or whatever model.. ported is louder..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, custom 2.11 cf ad ported tuned @ 36hz 30.375 port area, soundqubed 6.5" coax xover (hu), AGM starting batt... FU 750 destroying my spoiler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joeeCIZJpUs pioneer 3003 videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g
    boomintahoe gets on me for spelling lol..
    Tyou n ever xhappyx...i have bmy 15's rockin tho...@ 1 ohm htoo.

3. Thanks aebm thanked for this post
    aebm is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply, yes Actually I am searching for a good combo of a an amp and a single 12'. I am on a tight budget but hopefully will find something less than $500?

Thanks again.

YukonXL04 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMINGRANDPA View Post
    no u can't run 4 channels to a sub., u can bridge 2 of them to 1 doubt u would have enough power for a sub with that amp.. u should use that amp for mids/highs and get a mono class d sub amp.. which 1 depends on if u get a sundown E, SA, OR X or whatever model.. ported is louder..
    While it is frowned upon, it is possible to use a all 4chs on a sub. I have done it with a dual 4 sub bridged to each 2chs. Worked good in a pinch. Just have to make sure your gains and crossover are set identical. Done it with 2 single 4 subs too.

6. Thanks aebm thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1626 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply, yes Actually I am searching for a good combo of a an amp and a single 12'. I am on a tight budget but hopefully will find something less than $500?

Thanks again.
    yeah as he said it can be done, just hard to get same power to each coil.. lots of options in $500 range for say a 600-1k amp and sundown sa even 2 E's for that matter right under $500.. u can get ppi p1k like mine $199 tested over 1000rms @1 ohm or get twisted sounds 1k here real nice amp for the $ and any $200 or so sub of course u need box.. SSA Store - Twisted Sounds TS1KW (TS1KW)

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, custom 2.11 cf ad ported tuned @ 36hz 30.375 port area, soundqubed 6.5" coax xover (hu), AGM starting batt... FU 750 destroying my spoiler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joeeCIZJpUs pioneer 3003 videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g

8. Thanks aebm thanked for this post
    Mayhem is online now Tiddies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)

Sundown E or SA series.

Great subs, doesn't take much to move them.

Are you going to just do a sub swap with what you have currently? If so, you'll most likely need a new box if you want it to perform correctly.
    Also if you upgrade your amp, you'll most likely need a new wiring kit. That stuff will eat into your budget real quick.

If you truly want to stay under $500, a single e-series 12 on a proper amp, in a proper box will do you well.

Team Fi 12
    CT 4000.1
    CT 125.4
    CT 60.4
    Crescendo PWX Mids / STS Tweets
    80PRS
    Dumb amount of 1/0
    CES 270 Alt
    D3400 and 2 Kinetik HC2400s
    Urwifeinthepassenger

10. Thanks aebm thanked for this post
    aebm is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies,

I wil for sure get a new amp for this project, Now Im between the Sundown SAZ-1000D or the Sundown Audio SAE-1000D V.2 or the Skar Audio RP-1500.1D Monoblock or even that Twisted Sounds TS1KW that Boomingrampa recomends...

For the single 12' I guess I will have to go with the SA-12 D2 REV.3- Sundown Audio 12" 750W Dual 2-Ohm SA Series Subwoofer I'm I good on this choice? Any advice? After that I'll get one of these ported box on eBay around $180 which will exceed my budget but hey, I knew this was going to happen.... : )

Thanks a lot!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1626 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies,

I wil for sure get a new amp for this project, Now Im between the Sundown SAZ-1000D or the Sundown Audio SAE-1000D V.2 or the Skar Audio RP-1500.1D Monoblock or even that Twisted Sounds TS1KW that Boomingrampa recomends...

For the single 12' I guess I will have to go with the SA-12 D2 REV.3- Sundown Audio 12" 750W Dual 2-Ohm SA Series Subwoofer I'm I good on this choice? Any advice? After that I'll get one of these ported box on eBay around $180 which will exceed my budget but hey, I knew this was going to happen.... : )

Thanks a lot!!!!
    yep d2 sub is right.. u could also get xtr 650 probably does 800 rms (the 1500 tested at 2200rms they rated at 12.6v) also on ssa.. if u want real nice box get a stage 2 or 3 like this (since u said ebay wanta make sure u get a good one) u can email this guy he'll make it how ever u want u can just tell him make port 2" longer or whatever and u can get it without carpet or terminals if u just drill hole in box run wire straight from sub to amp.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGE-2-POR...75.c100623.m-1 u can pm me with more questions but this is made with dado groves very soild double baffle box.

Boomin_tahoe is online now Hurtin' feelings errrday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4888 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies,

Thanks a lot!!!!
    If it was my $$, I'd get the Twisted Sounds amp....should pound that sub pretty good. Run sub @ 1 ohm, not 2 ohm.

Also for a box/enclosure for the sub, look on Craigslist or Offerup. There's some local people that build sub enclosures here that advertise on those sites and provide previous work pics. Or in this case, enclosure pics. Shipping a sub enclosure is very expensive.

97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Optima redtop
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

14. Thanks aebm thanked for this post
    Boomin_tahoe is online now Hurtin' feelings errrday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4888 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    If it was my $$, I'd get the Twisted Sounds amp....should pound that sub pretty good. Run sub @ 1 ohm, not 2 ohm.

Also for a box/enclosure for the sub, look on Craigslist or Offerup. There's some local people that build sub enclosures here that advertise on those sites and provide previous work pics. Or in this case, enclosure pics. Shipping a sub enclosure is very expensive.
    Wait a sec...that link that Cramps provided the seller location is in Miami....and if your truly in Ft. Lauderdale, that's really a stone's throw away from your location. You could very easily go to them for an encllosure and get what you want and don't have to worry about shipping.

97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Optima redtop
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

16. Thanks aebm thanked for this post
+ Reply to Thread