Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 91

Reload Thread: Re vs sundown

  1. #46
    A_Contraptions's Avatar
    A_Contraptions is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell0715 View Post
    If you can make a legitimate claim then I don't see why it would be a problem, but I have to say @LosIsATool doesn't understand that lol
    legit claims only mean as much as the reader can comprehend







  2. #47
    wew lad's Avatar
    wew lad is offline wew lad inc



    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2310 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Contraptions View Post
    legit claims only mean as much as the reader can comprehend
    I think I found the owner or some guy super repping EMF, isn't that company a shitshow? I remember the owner was a big dbag on caco about his subs lol




  3. #48
    LosIsATool's Avatar
    LosIsATool is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    37
    Posts
    17,595
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7436 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Contraptions View Post
    I have to disagree. There's a lot of tech in that driver that's sought after . Is the price fair, not to most. But there's still a lot going on that's special
    Like what? I don't see anything that hasn't been done before and never done again.



    2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

  4. #49
    A_Contraptions's Avatar
    A_Contraptions is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell0715 View Post
    I think I found the owner or some guy super repping EMF, isn't that company a shitshow? I remember the owner was a big dbag on caco about his subs lol
    sean is a character. leave it at that

    Quote Originally Posted by LosIsATool View Post
    Like what? I don't see anything that hasn't been done before and never done again.
    well, lets not stray from what you said. you didn't say there wasn't anything new tech wise, you said it has nothing really going for it.

    starting with the topology of the motor, that's not a standard arrangement in which the flux path has one loop equating to one gap, this has 2. I call it a floating gap. the bottom gap is apposed to the top and the coils run in a push/pull formation. when one coil winding leaves one gap and begins to enter another, a breaking occurs by the opposed flux path being opposite polarity of the originated gap thus keeping it from over travel and mechanical damage. not that I see that happening anyways considering the spider diameter is larger then the standard 8" and 10" (there 12" due to the 5" coil with very healthy progressive roll)

    the coil its self surpasses round wound or flat wound via edge wound method. this is more efficient when it comes to maximum coil density without causing excess air pockets between layers and increase inductance from the layers interaction with the core.

    the coil is also ceramic toughened with a thicker then standard coil former. this helps with heat and structural integrity.

    the coil is single 1 ohm (there wired internally together) yet theres two sets of leads. this is common SQ practice to keep the stresses and weights even on the spider. it costs more to do but pays off in the klippel testing.

    the frame acts as a heat sink as does the above and below gaps structures. they also reduce modulation.

    the cone is more or less a rohacell copy. very strong yet very light. this helps with accurate tonal reproduction under high excursion.

    and the 19" portion, that helps make it a true 18" cone in terms of area. not perfect but helps. im sure it was also done for proprietary reasons for recone prevention outside of Rockford. id rebuild it with an adapter my self




  5. Likes Maky liked this post
  6. #50
    germanyt's Avatar
    germanyt is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ponchatoula, La
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,664
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    346 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonLax14 View Post
    Technically, you are correct. But I've done a vs thread on SMD before and it never got deleted or anything. Plus it's not like Steve goes around deleting threads if that does happen, it would be the moderators. And there's sponsorships on this forum too, hell we are posting in one right now lol
    True, but is the SD vendor gonna show up and insult OP for choosing an RE, then start a mob against him, and then offer free product to people that join in the bashing?



    Check out what I'm up to here:
    https://www.facebook.com/bayousound.net/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel


    Brick and mortar store coming eventually. Website not ready so down until further notice.

  7. #51
    LosIsATool's Avatar
    LosIsATool is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    37
    Posts
    17,595
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7436 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Contraptions View Post
    sean is a character. leave it at that



    well, lets not stray from what you said. you didn't say there wasn't anything new tech wise, you said it has nothing really going for it.

    starting with the topology of the motor, that's not a standard arrangement in which the flux path has one loop equating to one gap, this has 2. I call it a floating gap. the bottom gap is apposed to the top and the coils run in a push/pull formation. when one coil winding leaves one gap and begins to enter another, a breaking occurs by the opposed flux path being opposite polarity of the originated gap thus keeping it from over travel and mechanical damage. not that I see that happening anyways considering the spider diameter is larger then the standard 8" and 10" (there 12" due to the 5" coil with very healthy progressive roll)

    the coil its self surpasses round wound or flat wound via edge wound method. this is more efficient when it comes to maximum coil density without causing excess air pockets between layers and increase inductance from the layers interaction with the core.

    the coil is also ceramic toughened with a thicker then standard coil former. this helps with heat and structural integrity.

    the coil is single 1 ohm (there wired internally together) yet theres two sets of leads. this is common SQ practice to keep the stresses and weights even on the spider. it costs more to do but pays off in the klippel testing.

    the frame acts as a heat sink as does the above and below gaps structures. they also reduce modulation.

    the cone is more or less a rohacell copy. very strong yet very light. this helps with accurate tonal reproduction under high excursion.

    and the 19" portion, that helps make it a true 18" cone in terms of area. not perfect but helps. im sure it was also done for proprietary reasons for recone prevention outside of Rockford. id rebuild it with an adapter my self
    We will have to see how all this performs in the right hands. From just looking at the build that popped up on their FB page, very disappointing for the cost. There is absolutely nothing that warrants the cost for the T2 and T3 considering where they are made.



    2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

  8. #52
    A_Contraptions's Avatar
    A_Contraptions is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    that I agree on. each part I mentioned has its ups and downs. the key is that most the mentioned isn't for "loud" purposes




  9. #53
    DaytonLax14's Avatar
    DaytonLax14 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    552
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by germanyt View Post
    True, but is the SD vendor gonna show up and insult OP for choosing an RE, then start a mob against him, and then offer free product to people that join in the bashing?
    I doubt it




  10. #54
    murph's Avatar
    murph is offline Low for Life



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Richmond,VA
    Posts
    4,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1523 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Contraptions View Post
    sean is a character. leave it at that



    well, lets not stray from what you said. you didn't say there wasn't anything new tech wise, you said it has nothing really going for it.

    starting with the topology of the motor, that's not a standard arrangement in which the flux path has one loop equating to one gap, this has 2. I call it a floating gap. the bottom gap is apposed to the top and the coils run in a push/pull formation. when one coil winding leaves one gap and begins to enter another, a breaking occurs by the opposed flux path being opposite polarity of the originated gap thus keeping it from over travel and mechanical damage. not that I see that happening anyways considering the spider diameter is larger then the standard 8" and 10" (there 12" due to the 5" coil with very healthy progressive roll)

    the coil its self surpasses round wound or flat wound via edge wound method. this is more efficient when it comes to maximum coil density without causing excess air pockets between layers and increase inductance from the layers interaction with the core.

    the coil is also ceramic toughened with a thicker then standard coil former. this helps with heat and structural integrity.

    the coil is single 1 ohm (there wired internally together) yet theres two sets of leads. this is common SQ practice to keep the stresses and weights even on the spider. it costs more to do but pays off in the klippel testing.

    the frame acts as a heat sink as does the above and below gaps structures. they also reduce modulation.

    the cone is more or less a rohacell copy. very strong yet very light. this helps with accurate tonal reproduction under high excursion.

    and the 19" portion, that helps make it a true 18" cone in terms of area. not perfect but helps. im sure it was also done for proprietary reasons for recone prevention outside of Rockford. id rebuild it with an adapter my self
    Who are you? This analysis I can assume comes from someone who has practice in building drivers?



    Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

  11. #55
    A_Contraptions's Avatar
    A_Contraptions is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    Who are you? This analysis I can assume comes from someone who has practice in building drivers?
    ive touched a few




  12. #56
    adulbrich's Avatar
    adulbrich is offline Lock up your daughters!



    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Age
    19
    Posts
    13,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6103 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonLax14 View Post
    Shouldn't you be in school
    Skipped today to finish my truck, which is now done

    Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    Who are you? This analysis I can assume comes from someone who has practice in building drivers?
    Jeff Hulbert on CACO



    My Silverado is under construction AGAIN http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/621466-alexs-silverado.html
    Quote Originally Posted by massivespl View Post
    Love is when she licks your butthole and try's to kiss you and u smack her but she doesn't get mad because she know that nasty and she in the wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo_Ride View Post
    Fuck me running. Even I wouldnt eat stripper snatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeradios View Post
    I would rather beat you to death with a garden rake then talk politics with you due to your overwhelming ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph7195 View Post
    A three legged hooker walks into a bar. Yadda Yadda Yadda, I ended up sucking a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    When that hooker turns out to have a cock. That's bigger than yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongThrow View Post
    If I had $2,000, I wouldn't be running kicker comps.

  13. #57
    germanyt's Avatar
    germanyt is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ponchatoula, La
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,664
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    346 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Contraptions View Post
    ive touched a few
    That's what she said.



    Check out what I'm up to here:
    https://www.facebook.com/bayousound.net/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel


    Brick and mortar store coming eventually. Website not ready so down until further notice.

  14. #58
    A_Contraptions's Avatar
    A_Contraptions is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by germanyt View Post
    That's what she said.
    seen that coming




  15. #59
    Boomin_tahoe's Avatar
    Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    11,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4852 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    Haha,,


    Put it to ya this way, A_Contraptions someone you don't wanna mess with. Destroy you with knowledge.



    97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Optima redtop
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

  16. #60
    Boomin_tahoe's Avatar
    Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    11,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4852 Post(s)

    Re: Re vs sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by Reedradar View Post
    Spanaway mate
    if you were closer, I'd let ya demo what a pair of Sundown's sound like.



    97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Optima redtop
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Re sx vs sundown
    By Loudmp5 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 02:55 PM
  2. re 8 vs sundown e8
    By 85_blazer in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 11:40 PM
  3. Re SE's Vs Sundown Nightshade **wow***
    By williambrea in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 04:48 AM
  4. AMP TEST RE vs Visonik vs EQ vs Fusion
    By lauf in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 03:48 AM
  5. RE Vs Kicker
    By badm0f0 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2002, 01:07 AM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum