+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45

Reload Thread: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

  1. #16
    bgowdy31's Avatar
    bgowdy31 is offline I GOT LOUD FOR $648



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Posts
    6,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    82
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by myjaja View Post
    Its the same as pure amps.



    Kind of hard to say. Cant really compare because of all the modifications I've done. I've done a lot of foaming to the trunk and tweaking to the enclosure and more things that I cant think of on top of my head right now with the new amps. Voltage drop is about the same as the ns-1 amp and the subs did have more excursion to them with the ns-1 amp as well. Though it is louder now with these amps than the ns-1 to the ear but that's mostly because of all the tweaking I've done to the trunk and box. So I do believe ill gain more when I get my new ns-1 v2 sent to me. I want to try to get it metered before taking out these sonido amps.
    Oh i see



    MY RIDE- 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE (BEST SCORE 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELECTRIC)
    2 SOUNDQUBED SDC2.5-15'S ~ 8.2 CUBES NET ~ 12" AERO @ 40-ISH HZ ~ SHARK 2500 @ 1OHM(2 LATER)
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK DEKA & 2 AGM'S ~ BULLZ AUDIO 1/0


    ~2010 FCBC 450SD 3RD OVERALL~
    ~2011 FCBC 450SD CHAMPION~
    ~YOUTUBE->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131~

    R.I.P. TO MY WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG




  2. #17
    akadj's Avatar
    akadj is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta CANADA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by myjaja View Post

    This setup did a 147.1 with one of these amps, then I added another one today and got a lot louder...


    I'm just about to start retailing these Sonido Mask amps here in Canada. I've seen the boards they look decent.

    I've been told by the manufacture they are NOT the same as Audiopipe and PURE. maybe some models are similar but their 3000 watt is a single board so it can be linked/strapped and that there means at least one of them is totally unique. they also have two lines of amps.. FX line and ZX line. in the video you have the FX line. have you tried the Class A/B?

    send me a PM what you are retailing yours for or if your the customer let me know what you paid retail?




  3. #18
    bgowdy31's Avatar
    bgowdy31 is offline I GOT LOUD FOR $648



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Posts
    6,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    82
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by akadj View Post
    I'm just about to start retailing these Sonido Mask amps here in Canada. I've seen the boards they look decent.

    I've been told by the manufacture they are NOT the same as Audiopipe and PURE. maybe some models are similar but their 3000 watt is a single board so it can be linked/strapped and that there means at least one of them is totally unique. they also have two lines of amps.. FX line and ZX line. in the video you have the FX line. have you tried the Class A/B?

    send me a PM what you are retailing yours for or if your the customer let me know what you paid retail?
    hmmm... prices for these Sonido Mask 3ks?



    MY RIDE- 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE (BEST SCORE 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELECTRIC)
    2 SOUNDQUBED SDC2.5-15'S ~ 8.2 CUBES NET ~ 12" AERO @ 40-ISH HZ ~ SHARK 2500 @ 1OHM(2 LATER)
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK DEKA & 2 AGM'S ~ BULLZ AUDIO 1/0


    ~2010 FCBC 450SD 3RD OVERALL~
    ~2011 FCBC 450SD CHAMPION~
    ~YOUTUBE->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131~

    R.I.P. TO MY WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG

  4. #19
    myjaja's Avatar
    myjaja is offline Audioque

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx Posts: 143,632 _____<^>*_*<^>_____
    Posts
    3,643
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by akadj View Post
    I'm just about to start retailing these Sonido Mask amps here in Canada. I've seen the boards they look decent.

    I've been told by the manufacture they are NOT the same as Audiopipe and PURE. maybe some models are similar but their 3000 watt is a single board so it can be linked/strapped and that there means at least one of them is totally unique. they also have two lines of amps.. FX line and ZX line. in the video you have the FX line. have you tried the Class A/B?

    send me a PM what you are retailing yours for or if your the customer let me know what you paid retail?
    Weird, I believe the fx3000.1 has two boards and its not strappable. I always thought they were the same as pure. They look pretty much identical but the board on audiopipe is different. I haven't tried they zx series but I did try some a/b amps. I've tried the 150.4 but that amp got pretty hot fast. The fx class D amps have been pretty decent.



    Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2



    HU: Home stereo converted to dc
    Speakers: Stock
    Subs: 6 1/2 home sub
    Amp: off the stereo
    Wiring: extended power cord
    neon lights: Christmas lights duct taped to frame

  5. #20
    akadj's Avatar
    akadj is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta CANADA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    Yes the FX3000 is double 1500's but not the ZX series 3000 watt. The FX is Kinda like their entry line up.

    did your class AB got abnormally hot.. I've noticed that I am so used to class D now with how high the efficiency is that I think all class AB seem hot with their lower efficiency (65%/75%).... back to the the ZX line up! Lol... that's what I'm anticipating. They have a 360.4 (1504 @4ohms stereo and 2004 @2 ohms stereo) coming my way! The 3kw looks fairly decent.. Not like its going to do OVER rated but will produce a clean 3kw. I got ZX3000 board shot some where..





    Looks similar to a Korean board layout...




  6. #21
    myjaja's Avatar
    myjaja is offline Audioque

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx Posts: 143,632 _____<^>*_*<^>_____
    Posts
    3,643
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by akadj View Post
    Yes the FX3000 is double 1500's but not the ZX series 3000 watt. The FX is Kinda like their entry line up.

    did your class AB got abnormally hot.. I've noticed that I am so used to class D now with how high the efficiency is that I think all class AB seem hot with their lower efficiency (65%/75%).... back to the the ZX line up! Lol... that's what I'm anticipating. They have a 360.4 (1504 @4ohms stereo and 2004 @2 ohms stereo) coming my way! The 3kw looks fairly decent.. Not like its going to do OVER rated but will produce a clean 3kw. I got ZX3000 board shot some where..





    Looks similar to a Korean board layout...
    Yeah, pretty much. It was on a 2 ohm load and didn't take it all that well. It did fine at 4 ohms per channel though. I cant wait to try to the zx4000 and zx3000. The fx3000 isn't very clean but still not bad for the price. Also your inbox is full. lol



    Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2



    HU: Home stereo converted to dc
    Speakers: Stock
    Subs: 6 1/2 home sub
    Amp: off the stereo
    Wiring: extended power cord
    neon lights: Christmas lights duct taped to frame

  7. #22
    SubbyBeat's Avatar
    SubbyBeat is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    17055
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    b4 you get real amps check out your electrical low 12s




  8. #23
    myjaja's Avatar
    myjaja is offline Audioque

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx Posts: 143,632 _____<^>*_*<^>_____
    Posts
    3,643
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by SubbyBeat View Post
    b4 you get real amps check out your electrical low 12s
    lol

    I actually have a sundown ns-1 in there and voltage is better on that than those sonido amps. Those sonido amps were just put in there for the fun of it to see what they can do. Though they're not very efficient as you can see with the voltage drop.



    Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2



    HU: Home stereo converted to dc
    Speakers: Stock
    Subs: 6 1/2 home sub
    Amp: off the stereo
    Wiring: extended power cord
    neon lights: Christmas lights duct taped to frame

  9. #24
    SubbyBeat's Avatar
    SubbyBeat is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    17055
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by myjaja View Post
    lol

    I actually have a sundown ns-1 in there and voltage is better on that than those sonido amps. Those sonido amps were just put in there for the fun of it to see what they can do. Though they're not very efficient as you can see with the voltage drop.
    that'll get you

    but any reason why you did side aeroport and not do firing cabin with subs then seal off ?




  10. #25
    2010HHRUMADBRUH's Avatar
    2010HHRUMADBRUH is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    dat voltage drop




  11. #26
    myjaja's Avatar
    myjaja is offline Audioque

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx Posts: 143,632 _____<^>*_*<^>_____
    Posts
    3,643
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by SubbyBeat View Post
    that'll get you

    but any reason why you did side aeroport and not do firing cabin with subs then seal off ?
    Didn't really want to deal with the hassle of sealing off the box and even after sealed off, theirs still a very good chance that it'll still hit harder with the trunk open. I still don't know, I might end up doing it though. I'm still deciding on that though.



    Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2



    HU: Home stereo converted to dc
    Speakers: Stock
    Subs: 6 1/2 home sub
    Amp: off the stereo
    Wiring: extended power cord
    neon lights: Christmas lights duct taped to frame

  12. #27
    akadj's Avatar
    akadj is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta CANADA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by myjaja View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. It was on a 2 ohm load and didn't take it all that well. It did fine at 4 ohms per channel though. I cant wait to try to the zx4000 and zx3000. The fx3000 isn't very clean but still not bad for the price. Also your inbox is full. lol
    I'm going to put one of the ZX4000.1 in my SUV with my four atomic 8" in a tapered t line!

    And thanks my inbox is cleared now.




  13. #28
    akadj's Avatar
    akadj is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta CANADA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by myjaja View Post
    Weird, I believe the fx3000.1 has two boards and its not strappable. I always thought they were the same as pure. They look pretty much identical but the board on audiopipe is different. I haven't tried they zx series but I did try some a/b amps. I've tried the 150.4 but that amp got pretty hot fast. The fx class D amps have been pretty decent.


    When I was thinking about the differences between SONIDO and Audiopipe and PURE yesterday night i knew that there was another thing separating the FX3000 but i forgot. So i got a hold of the manufacture and asked about the features of tha amp this morning. They said the FX3000 although it is two boards it is still 1OHM stable just not linkable... damm does that mean the 1500's are 0.5ohm stable??? now i have to call them back up and hound them!!




  14. #29
    myjaja's Avatar
    myjaja is offline Audioque

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx Posts: 143,632 _____<^>*_*<^>_____
    Posts
    3,643
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by akadj View Post
    When I was thinking about the differences between SONIDO and Audiopipe and PURE yesterday night i knew that there was another thing separating the FX3000 but i forgot. So i got a hold of the manufacture and asked about the features of tha amp this morning. They said the FX3000 although it is two boards it is still 1OHM stable just not linkable... damm does that mean the 1500's are 0.5ohm stable??? now i have to call them back up and hound them!!
    Yeah, that's the first thing came to mind. I'm sure they are with a good electrical. Those things are power hogs. lol



    Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2



    HU: Home stereo converted to dc
    Speakers: Stock
    Subs: 6 1/2 home sub
    Amp: off the stereo
    Wiring: extended power cord
    neon lights: Christmas lights duct taped to frame

  15. #30
    akadj's Avatar
    akadj is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta CANADA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

    Are you running yours at 2ohms?

    And after the phone call to them, the 1500's are not 0.5 ohm stable.. They said they upgraded some parts in the fx3000 to make it stable at 1ohm




+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 11:43 PM
  2. Help with low end amp lol
    By Jpres_audio in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 11:58 PM
  3. Help! Budget amp for (1) Sundown E8?
    By Supergumby5000 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 02:40 PM
  4. what is a budget amp with true 1500 to 1700 @ 1ohm
    By fatboyracing in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 01:41 AM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum