bgowdy31 is offline I GOT LOUD FOR $648

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: Sundown zv4's with budget amps! lol

Quote Originally Posted by myjaja View Post
    Its the same as pure amps.

Kind of hard to say. Cant really compare because of all the modifications I've done. I've done a lot of foaming to the trunk and tweaking to the enclosure and more things that I cant think of on top of my head right now with the new amps. Voltage drop is about the same as the ns-1 amp and the subs did have more excursion to them with the ns-1 amp as well. Though it is louder now with these amps than the ns-1 to the ear but that's mostly because of all the tweaking I've done to the trunk and box. So I do believe ill gain more when I get my new ns-1 v2 sent to me. I want to try to get it metered before taking out these sonido amps.
    Oh i see

MY RIDE- 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE (BEST SCORE 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELECTRIC)
    2 SOUNDQUBED SDC2.5-15'S ~ 8.2 CUBES NET ~ 12" AERO @ 40-ISH HZ ~ SHARK 2500 @ 1OHM(2 LATER)
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK DEKA & 2 AGM'S ~ BULLZ AUDIO 1/0

~2010 FCBC 450SD 3RD OVERALL~
    ~2011 FCBC 450SD CHAMPION~
    ~YOUTUBE->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131~

R.I.P. TO MY WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG

akadj is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This setup did a 147.1 with one of these amps, then I added another one today and got a lot louder...

I'm just about to start retailing these Sonido Mask amps here in Canada. I've seen the boards they look decent.

I've been told by the manufacture they are NOT the same as Audiopipe and PURE. maybe some models are similar but their 3000 watt is a single board so it can be linked/strapped and that there means at least one of them is totally unique. they also have two lines of amps.. FX line and ZX line. in the video you have the FX line. have you tried the Class A/B?

send me a PM what you are retailing yours for or if your the customer let me know what you paid retail?

bgowdy31 is offline I GOT LOUD FOR $648

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akadj View Post
    I'm just about to start retailing these Sonido Mask amps here in Canada. I've seen the boards they look decent.

I've been told by the manufacture they are NOT the same as Audiopipe and PURE. maybe some models are similar but their 3000 watt is a single board so it can be linked/strapped and that there means at least one of them is totally unique. they also have two lines of amps.. FX line and ZX line. in the video you have the FX line. have you tried the Class A/B?

send me a PM what you are retailing yours for or if your the customer let me know what you paid retail?
    hmmm... prices for these Sonido Mask 3ks?

MY RIDE- 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE (BEST SCORE 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELECTRIC)
    2 SOUNDQUBED SDC2.5-15'S ~ 8.2 CUBES NET ~ 12" AERO @ 40-ISH HZ ~ SHARK 2500 @ 1OHM(2 LATER)
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK DEKA & 2 AGM'S ~ BULLZ AUDIO 1/0

~2010 FCBC 450SD 3RD OVERALL~
    ~2011 FCBC 450SD CHAMPION~
    ~YOUTUBE->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131~

R.I.P. TO MY WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG

myjaja is offline Audioque

Threadstarter

San Antonio, Tx Posts: 143,632 _____<^>*_*<^>_____
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Weird, I believe the fx3000.1 has two boards and its not strappable. I always thought they were the same as pure. They look pretty much identical but the board on audiopipe is different. I haven't tried they zx series but I did try some a/b amps. I've tried the 150.4 but that amp got pretty hot fast. The fx class D amps have been pretty decent.

Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2

HU: Home stereo converted to dc
    Speakers: Stock
    Subs: 6 1/2 home sub
    Amp: off the stereo
    Wiring: extended power cord
    neon lights: Christmas lights duct taped to frame

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes the FX3000 is double 1500's but not the ZX series 3000 watt. The FX is Kinda like their entry line up.

did your class AB got abnormally hot.. I've noticed that I am so used to class D now with how high the efficiency is that I think all class AB seem hot with their lower efficiency (65%/75%).... back to the the ZX line up! Lol... that's what I'm anticipating. They have a 360.4 (1504 @4ohms stereo and 2004 @2 ohms stereo) coming my way! The 3kw looks fairly decent.. Not like its going to do OVER rated but will produce a clean 3kw. I got ZX3000 board shot some where..

Looks similar to a Korean board layout...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes the FX3000 is double 1500's but not the ZX series 3000 watt. The FX is Kinda like their entry line up.

did your class AB got abnormally hot.. I've noticed that I am so used to class D now with how high the efficiency is that I think all class AB seem hot with their lower efficiency (65%/75%).... back to the the ZX line up! Lol... that's what I'm anticipating. They have a 360.4 (1504 @4ohms stereo and 2004 @2 ohms stereo) coming my way! The 3kw looks fairly decent.. Not like its going to do OVER rated but will produce a clean 3kw. I got ZX3000 board shot some where..

Looks similar to a Korean board layout...
    Yeah, pretty much. It was on a 2 ohm load and didn't take it all that well. It did fine at 4 ohms per channel though. I cant wait to try to the zx4000 and zx3000. The fx3000 isn't very clean but still not bad for the price. Also your inbox is full. lol

Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2

SubbyBeat is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

b4 you get real amps check out your electrical low 12s

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SubbyBeat View Post
    b4 you get real amps check out your electrical low 12s
    lol

I actually have a sundown ns-1 in there and voltage is better on that than those sonido amps. Those sonido amps were just put in there for the fun of it to see what they can do. Though they're not very efficient as you can see with the voltage drop.

SubbyBeat is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

lol

I actually have a sundown ns-1 in there and voltage is better on that than those sonido amps. Those sonido amps were just put in there for the fun of it to see what they can do. Though they're not very efficient as you can see with the voltage drop.
    that'll get you

but any reason why you did side aeroport and not do firing cabin with subs then seal off ?

2010HHRUMADBRUH is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dat voltage drop

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SubbyBeat View Post
    that'll get you

but any reason why you did side aeroport and not do firing cabin with subs then seal off ?
    Didn't really want to deal with the hassle of sealing off the box and even after sealed off, theirs still a very good chance that it'll still hit harder with the trunk open. I still don't know, I might end up doing it though. I'm still deciding on that though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, pretty much. It was on a 2 ohm load and didn't take it all that well. It did fine at 4 ohms per channel though. I cant wait to try to the zx4000 and zx3000. The fx3000 isn't very clean but still not bad for the price. Also your inbox is full. lol
    I'm going to put one of the ZX4000.1 in my SUV with my four atomic 8" in a tapered t line!

And thanks my inbox is cleared now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Weird, I believe the fx3000.1 has two boards and its not strappable. I always thought they were the same as pure. They look pretty much identical but the board on audiopipe is different. I haven't tried they zx series but I did try some a/b amps. I've tried the 150.4 but that amp got pretty hot fast. The fx class D amps have been pretty decent.

When I was thinking about the differences between SONIDO and Audiopipe and PURE yesterday night i knew that there was another thing separating the FX3000 but i forgot. So i got a hold of the manufacture and asked about the features of tha amp this morning. They said the FX3000 although it is two boards it is still 1OHM stable just not linkable... damm does that mean the 1500's are 0.5ohm stable??? now i have to call them back up and hound them!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

When I was thinking about the differences between SONIDO and Audiopipe and PURE yesterday night i knew that there was another thing separating the FX3000 but i forgot. So i got a hold of the manufacture and asked about the features of tha amp this morning. They said the FX3000 although it is two boards it is still 1OHM stable just not linkable... damm does that mean the 1500's are 0.5ohm stable??? now i have to call them back up and hound them!!
    Yeah, that's the first thing came to mind. I'm sure they are with a good electrical. Those things are power hogs. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you running yours at 2ohms?

And after the phone call to them, the 1500's are not 0.5 ohm stable.. They said they upgraded some parts in the fx3000 to make it stable at 1ohm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast