So the single SA-8 v.2 has been doing great for quite a while with the PSI PR but now that production is in and all pre-orders have shipped I decided I wanted to step it up a bit to THREE of them. Derrick came up today and put together a nice box for me for the three 8s using a single 6" aero-port about 28" long or so tuning us in the low 30s.
Box is constructed of a single layer of 3/4" Russian Birch plywood.
* Yep... that is a LONG port.
* Inside view -- just a basic box with all the giant motors hanging out.
* Sealed with a bit of silicone. As we may be tweaking some more I just ran the wires through the port for the time being.
* In the car.
* Bit close to the side wall but still works out pretty well as we are trying to get a very low peak.
* Small risers for the parcel shelf.
* Box secured into the car with three small angle brackets
Initial impressions are that it is extremely loud and has GREAT low-end extension. Pretty much everything I wanted and more.
Output is much better with the windows down due to the low tuning and it moves a good bit of air. We'll work on videos, metering, etc at a later date but for now I'll just say it sounds GREAT.