Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Sundown : New 2012 Stuff

sundownz is offline Supporting Vendor sundownz is a Supporting Member of the forum!

sundownz is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Sundown : New 2012 Stuff

I'm working on alot of stuff right now... I am not 100% sure how much will make it to the market by the end of this year but lets cover what is currently in the pipe-line :

1) Nightshade v.3 -- Already discussed on the forums a bit. This will be 15s and 18s only for a while -- maybe a few 12s for burp apps but NO TENS.

2) New Sundown baskets in 10/12/15 sizes. I can't show off the renderings yet until my ornamental patent application is in... but think at LEAST as much clearance as the "Eclipse" baskets AND even stronger. 18s will definitely not make it for 2012... but are on the road-map for 2013. This will allow me to make the NS v.3 in 12s for music applications. These will be used on everything larger than the SA line.

** -- With the baskets come all new spiders, cones, and surrounds. Some pretty sick stuff... you guys will like it.

3) Entirely new SAX / SAZ amp line... yes you read that correctly. I won't say any more yet until I get some prototypes Only the NS-1 isn't being re-vamped as it's already brand new and a separate line.

4) The elusive "X" line to go between the SA and Z lines (rated 1kw)... this will start to debut once the baskets are done. 12s first, then 15s, then 10s... not sure if all sizes will fit into 2012 yet or not but we will try! So yes our 1kw line will have huge spiders and tons of throw. And YES the X-8 is still in the works... it's just been a huge pain with the vendors but it's still on the table.

It's been a while since I made a "coming soon" thread... and you know how I like to keep you guys in the loop !

I'm sure I forgot a few things... but don't worry -- I will update along the way !

PS: The new baskets open up 4" coil designs with high excursion. Hmmmm... Wonder what that could mean for late 2012 to 2013 designs ?!

- Jacob Fuller
    - Owner, Sundown Audio
    - Associate, Stereo Integrity

- I DO NOT USE PMs ON HERE -- Please e-mail me!
    - E-MAIL is sundownz@sundownaudio.com
    Simon Eichenberger is THE MAN.

2. Thanks 05trailblazer, The_Grimy_One thanked for this post

slammedincouch is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: Sundown : New 2012 Stuff

I could use some new amps in my car...

Massive RK6's Front Stage (One set per door) > 07zx650.4
    Hertz HSK 165s in the trunk > Alpine 3542
    (6) 10" Sundown SA-10s > Kicker Warhorse
    Knu Krystal RCAs > lot's o' 0 gauge + Batts > Mechman 270a Alt

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

doing big things in 2012 it seems Jacob. cant wait to see more on this stuff

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

dbjunior is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can't wait might have to do a full system redo

bought from MBROOKY, johnny law.Lulz, subzero, tc3k101
    sold to mytrunkslamz , vitveet, cd6551, martiandancer31 (x2), pro-rabbit, whytellyou
    Trade with cf2004

sundownz is offline Supporting Vendor sundownz is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundownz View Post
    2) New Sundown baskets in 10/12/15 sizes. I can't show off the renderings yet until my ornamental patent application is in... but think at LEAST as much clearance as the "Eclipse" baskets AND even stronger. 18s will definitely not make it for 2012... but are on the road-map for 2013. This will allow me to make the NS v.3 in 12s for music applications. These will be used on everything larger than the SA line.

** -- With the baskets come all new spiders, cones, and surrounds. Some pretty sick stuff... you guys will like it.
    On this subject... I forgot to add that I am designing / tooling an adapter for the 18" 6-spoke to tide me over until our 18" tooling is done that will support the same spider size as our new 15" frame (257mm).

So we can start making even higher excursion 18s this year as well

- Jacob Fuller
    - Owner, Sundown Audio

05fronty is offline SALT PETER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

hmmmmm interesting

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"
    nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol
    2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

sobe3yourself. is offline lordside gangster

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

i dont mind testing anything for you, especially if its a 4 chan amp. and i guess i can keep it too to test the longevity of it. and i can test that sax 10 too.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundownz
    3) Entirely new SAX / SAZ amp line... yes you read that correctly. I won't say any more yet until I get some prototypes Only the NS-1 isn't being re-vamped as it's already brand new and a separate line.
    Some info will appear shortly in the next week or two on the first two models that will be made for the new 2012 series!

- Jacob Fuller
    - Owner, Sundown Audio

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Making alot of progress on the frames. All the final renderings and technical drawings and done for them -- I've submitted them to my patent attorney to be drafted up for the patent application.

Once the attorney gives me the okay to show them off we'll get some previews of them posted!

I've been doing brain-storming on the cones / surrounds... based on what the current Z v.3 spiders are capable of we'll probably need a HUGE surround to handle the throw these will be capable of. Probably along the lines of the Earthquake Holee-S surround (which is 40mm x 40mm) or maybe a bit larger.

- Jacob Fuller
    - Owner, Sundown Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Making alot of progress on the frames. All the final renderings and technical drawings and done for them -- I've submitted them to my patent attorney to be drafted up for the patent application.

Once the attorney gives me the okay to show them off we'll get some previews of them posted!

I've been doing brain-storming on the cones / surrounds... based on what the current Z v.3 spiders are capable of we'll probably need a HUGE surround to handle the throw these will be capable of. Probably along the lines of the Earthquake Holee-S surround (which is 40mm x 40mm) or maybe a bit larger.
    Huge surrounds are sexy. Sounds like you're conjuring up some beasts!

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

Renzone3 is offline ATLien

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm curious about the "x" line of the subwoofers.Are they gonna be more SPL,SQ,Or SQL oriented??

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renzone3 View Post
    I'm curious about the "x" line of the subwoofers.Are they gonna be more SPL,SQ,Or SQL oriented??
    A good mix... basically like the SA and Z v.3 lines -- just think in between those two in terms of capability.

- Jacob Fuller
    - Owner, Sundown Audio

Renzone3 is offline ATLien

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nice,can't wait to see them

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Hopefully you don't switch sources for softparts. They have been excellent in the past and I know a lot of other brands have taken huge performance hits when switching parts suppliers.

Speaking of which, we did up my friend's DC level 5 with that Nightshade recone and it is performing very very nicely.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch86 View Post
    Huge surrounds are sexy. Sounds like you're conjuring up some beasts!
    Indeed... and not just for the looks either. The new suspensions and motor designs I'm working on require it.

- Jacob Fuller
    - Owner, Sundown Audio

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast