Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1 15" or 2 12"s?

Eh, I'm thinking 2 XXX15's will be a bit much. And considering how much else I'd have to do to compensate for them, I'd save a good ammount going with something smaller. I'm hesitent, I don't want to be dissapointed, but what do you guys think about 2x12's? I like my music (mostly hip hop) pretty **** loud. Do you think 2 12's or 1 15" would be best? And do you think this would be loud enough (in a ported box)? I'm not about straight SPL, I'm big on good sound quality but being able to thump hard is important .

swimfreak26 is offline I am cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1 15" or 2 12"s?

Go with the 15...will get plenty loud, you don't have to do as many electrical upgrades, and you don't spend near as much.

Fuc, how come when I copy and paste **** it never gives me the cool blue thing in my sig. Sonofa*****withhotredtabascosauceonmynutz!!!!!
    References: g30ffr3y,Cjjackson85,Pearldrummer, Rattlebrain, Harrison486, excelerater, ax600, XtrmAudioCncpts

Phrogger is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah well, I'm not sure. I wouldn't want to go this route and be dissapointed that I didn't go with the 15's later on. Still debating

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hell, if you get a single 15 now and you're mad you didn't get two....buy another. If you get the 12's you dont' have that option...plus you're really not going to need more than 1 15, truthfully...these are loud subs.

Fuc, how come when I copy and paste **** it never gives me the cool blue thing in my sig. Sonofa*****withhotredtabascosauceonmynutz!!!!!
    References: g30ffr3y,Cjjackson85,Pearldrummer, Rattlebrain, Harrison486, excelerater, ax600, XtrmAudioCncpts

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I've thought about that .. 'would just buy a second sub, amp, new box, and make the necessary changes to the setup later if I decide it's not enough.. Tough choice =) heheh.

FOSGATE JOE is offline R.F team and 49er fan!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Re: 1 15" or 2 12"s?

Quote Originally Posted by Phrogger
    Eh, I'm thinking 2 XXX15's will be a bit much. And considering how much else I'd have to do to compensate for them, I'd save a good ammount going with something smaller. I'm hesitent, I don't want to be dissapointed, but what do you guys think about 2x12's? I like my music (mostly hip hop) pretty **** loud. Do you think 2 12's or 1 15" would be best? And do you think this would be loud enough (in a ported box)? I'm not about straight SPL, I'm big on good sound quality but being able to thump hard is important .
    If you whant too "thump hard" then i whould go whith 2 x12s with the same subs as stated above. 2 12.s will hit harder then 1 15.of the same sub and if that dosn't make you happy then go with the 2 15s

ref.gohillaaudio

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2 12.s will hit harder then 1 15.of the same sub
    Not necessarily true...depends completely on the install....box type and power play a huge role here.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, thanks for all the advice first of all =) Right now I'm leaning towards the idea of setting up my system as if it were meant for 2.. A frontstage that would compliment 2 (I know this is difficult to find, and talked to many people about it already so let's not go into how unlikely it is to find comps to keep up -- im not looking for something to keep up completely, just something that will sound clear and bright at reasonably high volumes ), electricles that would work for 2, enough deadening for 2 (ughh), etc etc.. that way if I decide I want to add a second one later I'd just need to purchase the sub, a second amp, another enclosure, and do the necessary wiring to incorporate it into the system.. and if not, I've got more than enough of everything else to keep me happy..

..... then again an hour ago I was dead set on 2 15's heh .... what do you guys think about what I mentioned above?

bimma85 is offline Can't be ****** ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swimfreak26
    Not necessarily true...depends completely on the install....box type and power play a huge role here.
    2 ported 12s with say 3000 watts would always stomp one 15" with 1500-2000 watts.. I would think, Granted they were both in optimal installs.

M@nJo is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i was in the same situation as you... 2 12's or 1 15'. i now regret going with the single 15" and im a hip-hop listener myself. i was a previous owner of 2 12's and i would say the 12's had the overall better sound stage and quality (depending on subs?).

if you love your music loud and slamming, go with the 15', but i usually play my music moderately and 2 12's would've done the job for me.

if you dont care for trunk space, why not 2 15's? =D

300m_on_xxx is offline BMW 325IS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

15 gets my vote

i think i have to sign here but who knows

eric77 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M@nJo
    i was in the same situation as you... 2 12's or 1 15'. i now regret going with the single 15" and im a hip-hop listener myself. i was a previous owner of 2 12's and i would say the 12's had the overall better sound stage and quality (depending on subs?).

if you love your music loud and slamming, go with the 15', but i usually play my music moderately and 2 12's would've done the job for me.

if you dont care for trunk space, why not 2 15's? =D
    im kind of confused by your post. "if you love your music loud and slamming, go with the 15'" actually the 12's are gonna be louder assuming an ideal install for both so that doesnt really make sense. lol.
    What kind of subs were your previous 12's? That is probably the difference you are noticing not the difference b/w a 12 and a 15. A 15 should sound just as good as a 10 for that matter as long as you have a proper install.
    15" XXX is more than enough.

soundsplinter rl-p 15 (145.1 dB @ 45 hz), 2.5 cu ft @ 28 hz, eD nine.1, NEXT VRz 2.200, NEXT VRz 2.400, Coustic XM-6, eD eu-650 mids, CDT tw-24 tweets, pioneer deh-6300, cadence ZX651, edead, knukonceptz
    ALL SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i would say the 12's had the overall better sound stage and quality (depending on subs?).
    Not true at all....they should sound identical both given proper installs. The 12's will probably end up being a little louder like eric said, but the difference to the ear will not be substantial...and a 15XXX is plenty loud enough for daily driving. So, IMHO there's no need to spend double the money on subs, plus more power, and electircal upgrades for such similar results.

Closed Thread