Closed Thread

Reload Thread: please reply -- need some feedback on this

corleonetx is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

please reply -- need some feedback on this

I have 3 Pioneer free air 10inch subwoofers (tsw253f ), and I'm putting them in a Dodge Durango. The problem is that they are free-air and there isn't enough space in the back of the Durango for that kind of setup because of the third row of seats. I had a sealed enclosure built for the subs. But I know they won't sound as good as they should because of the space limitations and the fact that they are free air subs.

I'm gonna run my system on two amps, a cheap legacy 500W and a Rockford Fosgate 100.2 for my highs.

Will this be O.K. for now (until I can get some regular subs) and is there a way I can better my given situation???

more_spl is offline only have 1, but it's 12"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you mean running the 3 subs off the Legacy500W amp?
    well, more like the Legacy(50W) amp. Can i hear an OVERRATED lol.
    ok, well, no. i wouldn't run 3 subs off THAT amp, and runnign 3 subs off that RF isn't to hot an idea either.
    did i catch your drift right? i wasn't really sure what was powering what here

i decided not to have a signature

corleonetx is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, you caught my drift right. Looking at the amp, it's 600 watts. I used to have just two pioneer free-air subs hooked up to that amp (those subs aren't the best) and I had to keep the amp turned all the way down for the most part to keep from frying the speakers. I think the subs get like 140 Watts nominal power handling and 400 peak.

I had that setup installed by a friend, who used some thin *** wire. Within a month, the wires fried!!! This will be the first install I've tried to do on my own. And I don't really want the big car-rattling bass...just something that sounds pretty clean.

I've got two sets of Clarion SRR1626 6.5 speakers and I have infinity tweets in the front. That's what the RF amp was for.

My main concern is putting the subs in an enclosure since they are free airs. But they were in an enclosure the first time they were installed and sounded pretty good (but it was a little *** mazda truck lol).

Thanks for the help as I totally don't know what I'm doing on this. I'm just glad I found this forum.

more_spl is offline only have 1, but it's 12"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    dont put free air subs in an enclosure. the motor isn't build to handle it.

i decided not to have a signature

adamawayfrommpa is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well for me I don't like free air subs becasue I feel that the bass is too sloppy...IMO I would sell them and get two nice 12" subs and put them in a sealed encloser facing up or to the tailgate/back door.. If you must go with these subs don't cry just please please please get rid of that lagacy amp! I would like to know how your planning on running 4 speakers with that RF 100.2.... Don't get me wrong I love Rockford amps but that particular one is to me just to small for four speakers unless you have cheap ones....I would sell both the amps and try to get just one nice 4 channel amp for the highs and mids and well you'll just have to spring for a whole new amp for the subs..

If this isn't enough info one what your options are then just give me some more detail and well work on it...like how much you wanna spend, what brand subs you'd be willing to get or how much you could spend on a new amp for the speakers you already have...also what kind of highs and mids do you have? you see more info on your setup is needed to give you better ideas...later
    Adam Chandler

http://images.andale.com/f2/107/107/3245322/1013574468219_744337.gif

Closed Thread