Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well my friends IDMAX is shot

I have NEVER seen this happen to a sub (under normal operation). The tinsil leads were torn out of the spyder, and they were shredded in the middle of the tinsil lead. It looked frayed and burned. Then at the coil it was just hanging by a thread. I check out the other side of the other coil and those tinsil leads were detached from the coil.

I pushed the cone in and it was nearly "frozen" so I look down at the bottom of the vc pole, and the magnet pretty much chewed up the vc.

This was running off a crossfire 1000d, for only about 10 days. I was amazed. Now I have a 30 pound paper weight sitting in my room. I guess I have to send it back now

Inferno13 is offline Jah live!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well...I'm not really sure on crossfire's quality but it's possible for the sub to actually freeze if it's getting some crappy watts. Just guessing though and I don't know a lot of details on it either. My friend just told me about it but i wasn't really listening. If your interested in more details let me know and I'll try and find out.

Closed Thread

User Tag List