Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: still got a couple more months, but might as well start now

lookitsjim23 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

still got a couple more months, but might as well start now

whatsup.... imonly 15....and gettin my liscense over the summer, but im around alot o f people that drive...friends who got systems and whatever...but ive been here a couple weeks and at first wanted jl w6's forwhatever it took...but i read up more and found thats theres tons more choices with the same quality subs....or better quality for better prices...

now over the summer after i get a car i wanna get a system....not sure how mucvh the budget will be...but if i have to work for 3 months to raise the money....countint all the other bills...thats what ill do....

but suggestions....probbaly gonna go with 2 12's..maybe 3...and i want subs that just surround you in bass...like when you turn them....the whole car like drowns in bass....and have them louuuddd....not sure if i explained that right...ill try and explain it better when i think of it....

but what are some suggestions on subs thats arent gonna kill me in price, but im still willing to save up time and not half *** it...by getting some crappy subs before i get something i really want

Expy2000 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: still got a couple more months, but might as well start now

Check out those SoundSlinter subs..

They are a good deal.. Just a suggestion...

bevo993071 is offline Jeep Dude

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some good subs for the money? My first subs were Infinity Reference 1232W..I had two of them and it was pretty nice! I powered them with a Profile Clarius CL800 Series Amp and all of my friends were amazed by it. I have been installing systems for some time now and when people want a system for a cheap price thats what I suggest.

As for the two or three subs....if you want a loud sound then go with 3, but remember, you have to put all of them on one channel. If you want to do two channels then do either 2 or 4 subs...and put either one or two (respectivley) and their own channel. Thats what I suggest. I know Fry's has sales every now and then for the subs, I bought mine for around $120 a pair. and the amp i got on Ikesound.com it was only like $130. I built my own box and installed everything my self so I got out pretty good for my first system.

If you have any qustions just PM me and i will get back to you...good luck and have fun with the system!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Only thing I have against Infinity..

Is that they are very very picky about watts. Just a hint too much and kaboom..
    Just been my experience.. That's all.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im willing to pay some money for subs, like i was thinkin 2 re xxx's...but i saw somewhere there like 400 a sub i think, and im not exactly sure yet cause of a job, but if i had the money ive heard a lot of good things about those

i think ill read up on some more no here, check some other places and go to some audio stores to hear them,

any more suggestions

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 XXX's would require EXTRA add ons and upgrades..

But sounds good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

look at some adire audio stuff too...i.e. tempest, brahma, shivas

good cheaper stuff without lack of quality

eric77 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like EXpy2000 said, 2 XXX's is gonna require quite a bit of extras. First, your gonna need an amp or two that put out a total of at least 2500w, which will probably be around $500. With an amp like that you are going to need 0 awg wire which will be another $70-100. Then you are going to almost definitely need to upgrade your electrical system. Youll probably need a new battery (100+) and have to do the big three upgrade (do a search to find out what this is) and you might even need a new ho alternator ($200+). On top of all that, I would highly recommend you get a new head unit if you are going to drop that much on subs. A decent head unit will be at least 250. So if you want 2 XXX's and a decent head unit you are looking at over 2g's. Sure, it would absolutely slam, but it probably is not the wisest choice for a first system.

soundsplinter rl-p 15 (145.1 dB @ 45 hz), 2.5 cu ft @ 28 hz, eD nine.1, NEXT VRz 2.200, NEXT VRz 2.400, Coustic XM-6, eD eu-650 mids, CDT tw-24 tweets, pioneer deh-6300, cadence ZX651, edead, knukonceptz
    ALL SOLD

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah ill be checkin that out soon

Quote Originally Posted by Expy2000
    2 XXX's would require EXTRA add ons and upgrades..

But sounds good!

lol yeah i know,m so it would take me a little longer to get it...but im willing to, just so i dont have some system i spent money on and am dissapointed with....would i need a new battery? 2 amps..probbaly 1500.1 to power them....then like capacitors, and im pretty sure im missin a couiple other things (cant forget about the interior speakers either)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lookitsjim23
    yeah ill be checkin that out soon

lol yeah i know,m so it would take me a little longer to get it...but im willing to, just so i dont have some system i spent money on and am dissapointed with....would i need a new battery? 2 amps..probbaly 1500.1 to power them....then like capacitors, and im pretty sure im missin a couiple other things (cant forget about the interior speakers either)
    Dont get a cap. They really do nothing and just act as a bandaid. There is a thread on this in the general audio section right now.

soundsplinter rl-p 15 (145.1 dB @ 45 hz), 2.5 cu ft @ 28 hz, eD nine.1, NEXT VRz 2.200, NEXT VRz 2.400, Coustic XM-6, eD eu-650 mids, CDT tw-24 tweets, pioneer deh-6300, cadence ZX651, edead, knukonceptz
    ALL SOLD

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eric77
    Like EXpy2000 said, 2 XXX's is gonna require quite a bit of extras. First, your gonna need an amp or two that put out a total of at least 2500w, which will probably be around $500. With an amp like that you are going to need 0 awg wire which will be another $70-100. Then you are going to almost definitely need to upgrade your electrical system. Youll probably need a new battery (100+) and have to do the big three upgrade (do a search to find out what this is) and you might even need a new ho alternator ($200+). On top of all that, I would highly recommend you get a new head unit if you are going to drop that much on subs. A decent head unit will be at least 250. So if you want 2 XXX's and a decent head unit you are looking at over 2g's. Sure, it would absolutely slam, but it probably is not the wisest choice for a first system.

lol yeah i was figuring it would be around the 2000 range, i dunno though, if im gonna be able to afford that, thats what im gonna be leaning towards...lol then im gonan need a security system as well, so a couple more hundred, but i still got time...ive been saving up change for the past couple of months...just extra stuff i find on the ground or from money, got like 100 bucks in change.... but whatever i still got time so ill jut be checking out a whole bucnh of options

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You might want to just start out with a single 15" XXX and a 1500w amp. Then, later on if youre not satisfied get another 15 and another 1500w amp.

ALL SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not to mention..

Distro blocks, RCA's, Fuses, A BOX, Sound Deadening, Nice set of batter terminals, AT least COMPS running 150rms to keep up with those XXX's, Comp AMP. Gauge Reducers, .... mmm looks like it..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol yup thought it would be more money than i expected

the sound deading would be another 100 bucks...cause the xxx's would require more than just getting the trunk....

so yeah maybe ill lay off the XXX's for now....but i know theres gotta be some other subs that pound like crazy

Untouchable11 is offline Yellow Ledbetter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm gonna recommend Adire Audio Shivas. I know that you probably have not heard of the Shivas, but they are pretty cheap($125 ea), and have a pretty good mixture of SPL, and SQ, AS LONG AS THEY ARE IN THE RIGHT BOX

References: Blados, sbacaprice305, Mr. Loki (3), trn
    sephiroth619, bobo244, kmart fan6, canadiancav, FRITO, HincklNutt, SSS 18734, nikosbuddy, Loud3, chaarlieee, negative3five, pwnt by pat, James Bang, bimma85

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast