Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Eclipse ti Pro

is there anyone in here that has had experience with this sub or have 1? if so could you give me some box size recommendations. I have tried a 2 cubic foot sealed and it was ok but nowhere near as loud as i expected. Tried a 4 cubic foot ported and didn't sound much louder then the sealed box. Dont no im im doing something wrong or what. Everyone ive talked to tells me yeah they are really good really loud subs and so far i havent seen that at all. PLEASE HELP ME!!! =)

RandyJ is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Eclipse ti Pro

They require a LOT OF POWER, what are you feeding it with?

Also, with a Qts of .15 for the 15" and .17 for the 18", I would say vented would be your best bet, stay away from sealed.

There was a thread that I made about them a few days ago and I was pointed in teh direction of a man on SIN forums. Ill look up the thread and give you his name so you can talk to him, I'm sure he could help a lot.

RandyJ is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Adam who goes by AtomicFusion on the SoundIllusions.net forums can help you.

Atomic Fusion is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Guys... Curiosity got to me and I thought I'd look up the posts... Not many people ask about these... I will post my reply to you dude so everyone can get a sense.

Hi Randy,

Who told you I've owned some? I didn't know it was common knowledge.

Anyway, the subs are absolutely fantastic. I had a relatively modest 1,200 watts on mine (I've owned one original and one modified one) from a USAmps first gen USA-400, and it went loud as hell. I'm not sure how well the 15Ti woudl do on that kind of power but the Ti Pro just ripped on that power level.

In addition, with the proper enclosure design, they are abslolutely fantastic sound quality woofers; amongst the best I've ever heard.

The complication with these woofers is that they are extremely overmotored, and require a very special enclosure design. The Ideal design I would have to say would be something in the neihbourhood of 2.25 cuft tuned to 23 Hz; something like that. My first one ran in 2.25 cuft ported to about 29 Hz, and my second one ran in about 2.75 cuft with a passive radiator tuned to 20 Hz, which sounded a lot better. If you can get a hold of a passive radiator that will handle the sub, it's a lot better way of doing it than a conventional ported enclosure, although it will work; you just need to accomidate some really rediculous port lengths...

I have custom-built radiators that match the sub, but I can't sell them nor can I really help you get one, but it might be available commercially. One 18" radiator with plenty of throw should suffice for one sub. Don't bother with two... Unless you have some insider's deal, the subs are around $1,500 US each and frankly, one of them is more than enough to get the job done, let alone two.

Adam

As some additional comments... The Ti Pros should NOT run in sealed boxes... They just don't have the proper specs for them.

Also, I know in the past there has been a lot of negative words from some people about these subs being super power hungry, and being pure SPL woofers with no musical quality whatsoever, and truth is that everyone who has talked about those sorts of things hasn't owned one, just made judgements on it... It's one of the best sounding woofers our there (far outclassed my sealed CMP 15"), and is incredibly smooth and undistorted, and also gets extremely loud. The 'overmotoring' does result in a signifigant shelved response at lower frequencies, but this is purely on paper, and in vehicle (or home), you'd never know.

You can see install photos here... Nothing flashy, but sounded good...
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/atomicfusion

Note that the enclosure uses one sub and one passive radiator, it is not two active subs...

Adam

civic2004 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks alot for the replys. I am powering them with 2 rockford fosgate 1001bd's (2200+ watts total) i have picture if you like to look at it
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/thamanofurdreamz
    All the shops around me tell me all kinds of different box sizes(only because they have never seen one or installed 1 before) they were fasinated by the sub. One guy told me 2.3 cubic feet, another guy told me 7 cubic feet, another guy told me 4 cubic feet. So im REALLY confused. Ive even been thinking about just going with one of those powered4sound boxes. Do you think the 2.3 would be my best option or 2.25?
    and do i have enough power going to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

None of the box volumes are really appropriate for the 15"... I'm not surprised that nobody knows what a good box volume owuld be. I haven't simulated the 15" but I would say that something in the range of 1.75-2 cuft ported. When you go larger, response starts getting really peaky so I try to keep it as small as possible.

Adam

VoTran24 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Fusion
    None of the box volumes are really appropriate for the 15"... I'm not surprised that nobody knows what a good box volume owuld be. I haven't simulated the 15" but I would say that something in the range of 1.75-2 cuft ported. When you go larger, response starts getting really peaky so I try to keep it as small as possible.

Adam
    nice setup man. I like the thing you did to the doors. I bet it sounds awesome.

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Hi Guys... Curiosity got to me and I thought I'd look up the posts... Not many people ask about these... I will post my reply to you dude so everyone can get a sense.

Hi Randy,

Who told you I've owned some? I didn't know it was common knowledge.

Anyway, the subs are absolutely fantastic. I had a relatively modest 1,200 watts on mine (I've owned one original and one modified one) from a USAmps first gen USA-400, and it went loud as hell. I'm not sure how well the 15Ti woudl do on that kind of power but the Ti Pro just ripped on that power level.

In addition, with the proper enclosure design, they are abslolutely fantastic sound quality woofers; amongst the best I've ever heard.

The complication with these woofers is that they are extremely overmotored, and require a very special enclosure design. The Ideal design I would have to say would be something in the neihbourhood of 2.25 cuft tuned to 23 Hz; something like that. My first one ran in 2.25 cuft ported to about 29 Hz, and my second one ran in about 2.75 cuft with a passive radiator tuned to 20 Hz, which sounded a lot better. If you can get a hold of a passive radiator that will handle the sub, it's a lot better way of doing it than a conventional ported enclosure, although it will work; you just need to accomidate some really rediculous port lengths...

I have custom-built radiators that match the sub, but I can't sell them nor can I really help you get one, but it might be available commercially. One 18" radiator with plenty of throw should suffice for one sub. Don't bother with two... Unless you have some insider's deal, the subs are around $1,500 US each and frankly, one of them is more than enough to get the job done, let alone two.

Adam

As some additional comments... The Ti Pros should NOT run in sealed boxes... They just don't have the proper specs for them.

Also, I know in the past there has been a lot of negative words from some people about these subs being super power hungry, and being pure SPL woofers with no musical quality whatsoever, and truth is that everyone who has talked about those sorts of things hasn't owned one, just made judgements on it... It's one of the best sounding woofers our there (far outclassed my sealed CMP 15"), and is incredibly smooth and undistorted, and also gets extremely loud. The 'overmotoring' does result in a signifigant shelved response at lower frequencies, but this is purely on paper, and in vehicle (or home), you'd never know.

You can see install photos here... Nothing flashy, but sounded good...
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/atomicfusion

Note that the enclosure uses one sub and one passive radiator, it is not two active subs...

Adam
    was the 400 purple? ahaha i remeber that amp

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by N00blet
    They require a LOT OF POWER, what are you feeding it with?

Also, with a Qts of .15 for the 15" and .17 for the 18", I would say vented would be your best bet, stay away from sealed.

There was a thread that I made about them a few days ago and I was pointed in teh direction of a man on SIN forums. Ill look up the thread and give you his name so you can talk to him, I'm sure he could help a lot.

i argree...i was at the stereo shop and saw a 15.ti so i know...and it was in a bandpass ....it was getting a hell of a lot of wattage,,,didnt see the amp it was on but im sure that thing make my blood pressure go up ...

so go ported and no probs

civic2004 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

does it automaticly mean the bigger the box the more SQ you lose and the more spl you get? Someone told me that once. That it you build a BIG ported box it will be LOUD but not as much sq compared to if i was to build a smaller ported box, still loud not LOUD but better SQ. Is this accurate??

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

The tuning determines the sound quality more than anything...if you tune a box lower, you'll get better SQ but less potential output.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A larger box or higher tuning will not net you better sound quality or more output in every situation (nor will the opposite) it entirely depends on the subwoofer... Most subs are susseptable to peaking out in an undersized box, but because of the weird specs of the Ti Pro, it actually peaks out in an oversized box... It's case sensitive.

Adam

Warbleed is offline @$$hole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A larger box or higher tuning will not net you better sound quality or more output in every situation (nor will the opposite) it entirely depends on the subwoofer... Most subs are susseptable to peaking out in an undersized box, but because of the weird specs of the Ti Pro, it actually peaks out in an oversized box... It's case sensitive.

Adam
    Honestly, you're far more likely to see excessive response peaking with boxes that are too large, rather than too big. As you make the box larger and larger beyond maximally flat, it just manifests as a larger and larger peak around box tuning, and sometimes you end up with two peaks.

I think the Ti Pro is an exceptionally impractical driver. It has the same displacement as the standard Ti, but higher powerhandling, and more BL. The 3HP has plenty of BL for musical apps, the 4HP just makes the driver excessively overmotored, and in most cases, you'll get WORSE rather than better response from the Ti Pro than you will from the Ti, and you're paying a lot more for it usually.

I do agree that the Ti Pro wants TINY boxes for musical purposes. It has always perplexed me how people incorrectly reason that drivers with a low Qes need a big box, since in fact the OPPOSITE is true...

Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.
    - George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"

Closed Thread