Reload Thread: magnum

swaptrex is offline Supporting Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

magnum

i was planning on getting a w6v2 and a 500/1 for my hatch, but am starting to lean more towards a magnum. however i want a sub that has great sq as well as spl, but don't want something so power hungry it drains my electrical system. i will be running a sub and comp amp and am concerned my electrical system is not strong enough for much power. my question is how low can a magnum run and still sound good and not be underpowered? and is it a better choice than a w6v2?

skeptikal is offline Hold the wheel and drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: magnum

i own a magnum. and i can tell you it is one of the best SQ subs i have heard. i have heard the w6v2 in a ported install and it did sound good i'm not gonna lie but the magnum had the greater output.

Quote Originally Posted by swaptrex
    how low can a magnum run and still sound good and not be underpowered?
    the magnum can sound good and still get loud with only like 600 watts. it is 900rms, will take much more than that (i fed it 1200 daily) also.

back at it...

strong*I*bumpin is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skeptikal
    i own a magnum. and i can tell you it is one of the best SQ subs i have heard. i have heard the w6v2 in a ported install and it did sound good i'm not gonna lie but the magnum had the greater output.

the magnum can sound good and still get loud with only like 600 watts. it is 900rms, will take much more than that (i fed it 1200 daily) also.
    thats why its blown now LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If u have the cash go for the JL,I have the same amp and was thinking of a w6v2 or a ID Max for my next sub.I also own a Magnum(blown VC)its a awesome driver,had it for 2yrs when they first came out with them(claw basket).Now its time to move on,good luck wit ur setup swap.

littlebuddy34 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naw you can put 1200watts on a mag with no problem. Thats what i got running to it and i couldn't be any happier with it. As long as you don't blast the gains and bass boost you'll be in love with this sub and never want to sell it... Just like me.

99 GMC Suburban

Current System

Sub Amp- a2150hct audiobahn(yeah i know)
    1200 watts@1ohm

Sub- 12" SI Magnum D2

HU- Pioneer AVH-6600, dvd in-dash 6.5" screen

Speakers- 6.5" Rf 3-way coaxials, off HU power (Aura mr62's awaiting install possibly in new car)

Box- 2.5cuft @ 29hz.

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strong*I*bumpin
    If u have the cash go for the JL,I have the same amp and was thinking of a w6v2 or a ID Max for my next sub.I also own a Magnum(blown VC)its a awesome driver,had it for 2yrs when they first came out with them(claw basket).Now its time to move on,good luck wit ur setup swap.
    They definitely haven't even been out for two years...(maybe CREATED two years ago AT MOST...but DEFINITELY not out on the market for that long.) I bought mine from Nick himself down in NC when i was @ NSPL World Finals 2003...they are amazing subs. I sent 1200+ rms a piece daily for over a year! I had two 12" in 2.5 cubes each ported @33hz. They sound was AMAZING...and the output was INSANE. The thing is, they are REDICULOUSLY efficient...and work well with 600wrms. For good SQL, i recommend 2 cubes NET @30hz w/ 600wrms. peace

NG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

hoss is offline imma genius. so **** it!

inside icetee, while he is inside seths sister
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngsm13
    They definitely haven't even been out for two years...(maybe CREATED two years ago AT MOST...but DEFINITELY not out on the market for that long.)

NG
    they have been out for right about two years. the very first production run occured in early 03(febuary i believe, could have even been late 02). and i also believe that design of the woofers started nearly 4 years ago

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoss
    they have been out for right about two years. the very first production run occured in early 03(febuary i believe, could have even been late 02). and i also believe that design of the woofers started nearly 4 years ago
    Yeah, i remember design started tht long ago. When i talked with Nick he told me all about the research and prototype stages...it's crazy how attentive he was to detail and design of the woofer. So, it may be NEARING two years soon...or right about now. First I heard of SI selling woofers was early march of 03. peace

NG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngsm13
    Yeah, i remember design started tht long ago. When i talked with Nick he told me all about the research and prototype stages...it's crazy how attentive he was to detail and design of the woofer. So, it may be NEARING two years soon...or right about now. First I heard of SI selling woofers was early march of 03. peace

NG
    close enuff,going on 2yrs. then!

skeptikal is offline Hold the wheel and drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol strong its not blown... i had assumed it was... but it looks like i made an ass out of u and me

back at it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skeptikal
    lol strong its not blown... i had assumed it was... but it looks like i made an ass out of u and me
    Yeah mines still plays but it has that rattle,I'm temporarily using a eD12O.The Shiva in my sig. was taken out for use as a second sub for HT.Had it fixed b4 by Nick when the driver decided to part from the enclosure,it was funny to see the driver sittin upright with the speaker wires still attached.

Closed Thread