Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Switching Cars

puppie_chow is offline Pwn3d!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Switching Cars

Right now i have a ext. cab pickup with a sealed box right behind me with 2 RF Punch HX2 12's powered by a JBL 1200.1. Soon I'm going to switch to a car where im going to put my same subs in a ported box and with a JBL 1200.1 to each sub. What i want to know is will this still sound good when i have my subs in a trunk compared to right behind my seat? Does the bass still sound pretty good or not?

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

um....

unless you turn the gains way down, it's gonna sound like "BUMP! BUMP! BA DA BUMP! *insert the sound of voice coils locking up here*" Seriously man.....those subs don't need anywhere near that power, especially in a ported enclosure. Remember, the whole point of a slotted enclosure is to make the woofer more efficient (ie. less power = more sound).

pickups are a whole different world than cars. i had my exact same sub that i have in my pickup right now in a oldsmobile delta 88 in the trunk pointed toward the tail lights. same box volume, same amp. 130 decibils. that same sub/amp combo is pushing 137 right now in a ford ranger. so to awnser your question, yes you probably will lose some SPL due to the increase in cabin space, but it will still sound good.

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

cyber256 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ya, unless you ment Power HX2 then with a bp1200 to each sub they will die quicker than some good ol' wal-mart subs

__// CyBeR //
    Project link | Offsite gallery

Closed Thread