Closed Thread

Reload Thread: First Car ... Need system

NothinButCowboy is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First Car ... Need system

Hello all, i have been reading this forum, along with others for months now dreaming about the day i can afford a system. Or a car for that matter. I am 18 and just got my first vehicle ... 94 plymouth voyager... it aint pretty, but it was 150 bucks. I am planning on taking out the back bench for a large woofer box.

So i like alot of rap, hip-hop... i like my base loud and lowwwwwww. So i would like your suggestions. My budget is about 1000 bucks, maybe 1200, for now, more later of course.

So far this is my plan. pair of cdt's from the zeb for 150 bucks up front... i have not hear them my self, but i hear they are great for the money, and they are cheap, cheap is good. Headunit? ... unsure. I have a bunch of amps in mind for the cdt's just not sure wich to choose yet, i will probubly post later about that. What i really want to know about is sub suggestions. I am planning on buying a brutus bx1500 off ebay, cause they are cheap and put out decent power. But for subs... so far i have been thinking that twin tempests are ment for me. I have alot of room if i take out the back bench so 10 cubes will be easy to get. But the thought of a big ol 18 makes me cream my jeans. So what do you think would be better suited in a van? twin tempests or an re 18"sx ... doubt i coult afford the XXX. I am assuming tempests would get louder. And they are efficent wich is also key, that way i have no major upgrades to do on my electrical system just yet.

Hit me back with your suggestions
    Sry for the long post

skeptikal is offline Hold the wheel and drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: First Car ... Need system

man it all depends on what you want.....hm... loud low bass....

1000 - 250 (amp) = 750
    750 - 150 ( cdt's) = 600
    600 - 30 ( wiring) = 570
    570 - 30 (box building materials) = 540$

so you got about $540 for a woofer... wait RE doesnt make the 18" versions of anything for a while because they dont have any baskets do they?... are you staying with the idea of an 18? if you wanted to do a 15 or something you will have almost limitless possibilities. $540 is alot of money for 1 sub... you could also look into getting like 2 12's... or 2 15's... 2 15" Tempests will love that bx1500d put 'em in a huge *** ported box and it should get loud enough. and you will still have 200$+ left over to help your electrical system out.

back at it...

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

no 18's from RE, at least not until they secure a new basket manufacturer...

coming from someone who drives a van, you want something that points back, right at the rear doors - a Tempest or two would seriously pound

bamaboy is offline War Eagle!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re se. Pretty cheap pound hard. bout 185 shipped per one(for 12)

kwang125 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skeptikal
    man it all depends on what you want.....hm... loud low bass....

1000 - 250 (amp) = 750
    750 - 150 ( cdt's) = 600
    600 - 30 ( wiring) = 570
    570 - 30 (box building materials) = 540$

so you got about $540 for a woofer... wait RE doesnt make the 18" versions of anything for a while because they dont have any baskets do they?... are you staying with the idea of an 18? if you wanted to do a 15 or something you will have almost limitless possibilities. $540 is alot of money for 1 sub... you could also look into getting like 2 12's... or 2 15's... 2 15" Tempests will love that bx1500d put 'em in a huge *** ported box and it should get loud enough. and you will still have 200$+ left over to help your electrical system out.
    did you forget about amps for cdt ? he said he has a bunch of amps in mind. so... the budget for the amp is going to be less than $540.

skeptikal is offline Hold the wheel and drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwang125
    did you forget about amps for cdt ? he said he has a bunch of amps in mind. so... the budget for the amp is going to be less than $540.
    lol yeah sorry forgot to add an amp for the cdt.... you can pick up a decent component amp for about 200$ so $340 or so will give you a good budget for a sub.

back at it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd go with a pair of se 15's. As for ur comps check out the re component set. They've had awsome reviews and will probably do much better then low line CDT's.

phrozen5100 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe I'm well qualified to help you out here...I drive an 88' Grand Caravan, which is similar to your vehicle except longer. I also run twin Tempests. I'm only giving them around 300w or so off of my Rockford X5 (550w x 1 @ 2 ohms @ 12.6v) and they get pretty darn loud and sound good. I also have them in a rather large box, about 14 cu. ft. ported tuned to 32 hz. If you've got MSN I can send you a few vids of these bad boys in action.

Refs: 96civ, desertheat, baseballer1100, LowEndTheory, Belunt

Closed Thread