User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Subs subs subs, what about mids and highs!?!?

SubCool is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subs subs subs, what about mids and highs!?!?

Hello once again.

Ok.. i thought i knew what i was doing... but confusion has entered my mind once again.
    I was going Speaker shopping, and i got lost. What is the difference between Components speakers and just Speakers. I was looking for Infinity for my car and found Componets and then just speakers.. and WAY different prices. I dont get it. From what i can tell Components have a Mini Tweeter external from it all? i dont get it. Coaxial, Component.... WTF? whats the difference from Kappa Perfects and Reference?
    What should i get. I look at the speakers and find that i can get a component set for 500$, Mean while its range of frequency is nothing compaired to another set of Infinity speakers for 100. Someon please help me out. i have another Poll../ Q. in this forum asking for help on amps.. but no one really responded.

Sub

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok the difference between the kappa series and reference series is the quality of the product. infinty's top of the line speaker's are the kappa series componet's which are a mid bass speaker with a seperate tweeter that comes with a crossover. componet's get you the high's you want and something like a 6 1/2" mid bass will get you the midbass you need. basically if you have bass a good set of componet's running of an amp and a good set of mid bass speaker's will give you a balanced system so that you can hear the vocal's with your music and not just "boom boom boom" hope that helped a lil bit man.

keep it thumpin,
    adam

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, yeah i've been reading this site since i put up my posts.
    So basically the best system.. (not best contest system) would be to have a full System. Per Say, the Kappa in the front (four door car). with the Indiviual Tweets sticking out (more fasionable) on the door frame or something. then get a SECOND pair but Coaxial or the Reference in the rear doors? with the Sub in the trunk RIGHT?

So second. Which speakers do i get? the 500$ ones with the smaller range.. or the 100$ with the greater range (still infinity) or is there a better brand out there but competative on price? (i think i remember seeing MB Quarts). Thanks for the help

Sub

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

infinty

I am just glad you are keeping it infinity. If you want a great sounding system go infinity. I know Infinity isnt the SPL company many others are, but god I love how Infinity speakers sound. They rock my world

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you want a cleaner sounding high's go with those MB quart's you mentioned. they blow away the Kappa's in my opinion, now that will cost you some serious cheese to get MB quart's top of the line stuff. like 800 for the 6.5" componet's and around 250 for the best 6.5's coaxel's. but you won't find much cleaner sounding mid's and highs out there. and yes go with the 500 dollar componet's if you want componet's and can put them in your car, the only thing is do not run them off a h/u run them off a seperate amp my man. you put either one of those componet's the Mb quart or infinity's and you will be very happy that i can promise you. and yes the complete system is the way to go, nothing worse than people who buy bump then either have totally factory speaker's to where you hear no words, or people who buy bump just to bump, then like 7 months down the road get speaker's. if you can't afford the whole thing i suggest you upgrade speaker's and h/u first, then you get your bump.

keep it thumpin,
    adam

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys,
    if anyone else has anymore to say about this, please do. It might take me a month to put this together so i do appriciate any info. (month cause of the little time in the world i have)
    Ttyl later.. Keep me posted'

Sub

wesleysh is offline Senior VIP w/large Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you consider yourself "normal," meaning that your concept of LOUD is normal and sound quality is normal then you don't need anything more than Infinity Reference components. They'll run you $100-120, depending on where you get them. If LOUD to you is TOO LOUD for the average person, then you need to step it up a bit. Then you can dish out the cheese on some MB Quart's and make it worth it. Get either the Premium series or the Q-Series, Q-Series being their top of the line and some of the best speakers this beautiful world of car audio has to offer. Then you'll need to get yourself a good 2 channel amp. About 75 watts per channel will be good enough for the Infinity's, while you'll want to get 125w+ for the MB Quarts.
    Just FYI:
    Infinity makes 3 series of speakers. Reference, Kappa and Kappa Perfect. Reference being their base level and Perfects being their best.
    MB Quart makes 4 series. Discus, Reference, Premium and "Q". With Discus being the most basic and Q being the best.

Hope this helps. If not, shame on me.

I'm never wrong, EVER! Just ask me.

Closed Thread