Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Dodge truck setup for Rockford subs?

RockfordRulez is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dodge truck setup for Rockford subs?

Alright I have a pair of punch z 10s in a couple of .65 q logic sealed boxs. The thing is I had them in my old dodge but cant get them to sound as good in my new one. I have the same stuff but diff cd player but its a awsome sony one compared to a crappy ol jensen the jensen was 5v preou think that the diff its sounds ok but doesnt hit as hard also my amp is it a good one for the subs its a 400.4 wired in parrlell 2 8ohm subs on just two channels at 4ohms like i said sounds ok but when I turnm the bass up and amp up and sub on cd up it kinda distorts out think of any boxs or new subs that will sound better or hit harder? Like some HEs I am stuck with the amp but neeed subs and it is a single cab so any suggestions I need 2 subs 10s that will fit in a .65 sub box under 120 that will sound better than the zs?

RockfordRulez is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone help out? And also what do you think the best box size would be for a 12 or 15 HE2 sub I was thinkin about gettin one of those and puttin it in my single cab truck think I could do it? I wanna try it if not what would be the best SPL box size sealed that is.

jlman is offline Review Committee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You sure you got all the +s and -s wired right? If not this will distort it out and it sounds like its wired up right and the amp is good for just two channels at 4ohms. As for new subs I would get a couple of dvc subs but cant really think of any for 120 a pair that are decent that way you can wire all four channels into 2ohms 2 channels in 2ohm bridged for each sub. I think you can get a pair of alpine type s subs for like 120 on ebay but not for sure they will fit in that box the magnets are big on those subs. I cant really think of any that hit hard that your wanting though so guys come on I know someone knows maybe look into some audiobauhns they are cheap and have boom but no sq whatsover.

Closed Thread