Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Looking for new subs

NofriendsSpongr is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Looking for new subs

Alright well I have a few questions first. Right now my sub system is a pair of eD 15a.22's @ 35hz and a PG Xenon 1200.1 I like the sound of these subs, but they just seem to be underpowered, and with the T joint problems in the past I get nervous everytime I turn it up, especially when I have just one hooked up. I have a few noob questions for anyone who wants to answer

1- If I have 2 subs, for instance a 15sx and 15xxx, the sub with closest matching RMS rating will be louder in most cases right?
    2- Seeing how im not using these subs to their full potential, plus I think they are geared towards sq more, would I be better off going with a single 15 with 1200 watts to it, OR a pair of subs, maybe 12's or 15's with 600RMS to each??
    3- I have my subs sold to my friends, Im goin to have around 400 to spend on the sub or pair of subs. I want a sql sub. RE subs have my attention seeing how they are really popular, and with a pair of Se's id be giving them RMS, but IF I can save some cargo space, I would be excited, IF not its ok.
    4- I was thinkin an 18" sub, but how big of a box does it need? I remember reading it was like 8 cubes or somthing huge.
    5- I want some of your opinions, Im not going to be competing, strictly daily driving.

$400 dollars, 1200wrms on tap, which sub(s)?

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Looking for new subs

Quote Originally Posted by NofriendsSpongr
    1- If I have 2 subs, for instance a 15sx and 15xxx, the sub with closest matching RMS rating will be louder in most cases right?
    No. It depends on the boxes, efficiency, etc etc. Read the 1st and 2nd things in my sig.

2- Seeing how im not using these subs to their full potential, plus I think they are geared towards sq more, would I be better off going with a single 15 with 1200 watts to it, OR a pair of subs, maybe 12's or 15's with 600RMS to each??
    Depends on what you are looking for. A pair of decently-high displacement 12s or 15s may have the potential to get louder than a single 15. But a single 15 will surely get pretty loud also.

3- I have my subs sold to my friends, Im goin to have around 400 to spend on the sub or pair of subs. I want a sql sub. RE subs have my attention seeing how they are really popular, and with a pair of Se's id be giving them RMS, but IF I can save some cargo space, I would be excited, IF not its ok.
    Not quite sure how to respond to that Not sure if you are asking for other suggestions or something?

4- I was thinkin an 18" sub, but how big of a box does it need? I remember reading it was like 8 cubes or somthing huge.
    Rediculously huge boxes. If cargo space is a concern, don't look at getting an 18.

$400 dollars, 1200wrms on tap, which sub(s)?
    What all do you currently have in mind??

NofriendsSpongr is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was thinking particularily of a pair of Se 15s, SX15 XXX15. I have just been reading on Magnum d2, Death penalties etc, I have a pair of eD A series 15s, which have decent displacement on them, It just seems they really want more power than what I have. When I have one hooked up I get alittle worried cuz of the problems they have with the former.

I hate asking these questions, but its hard to pick a sub that ive never heard before. I did it with the eD subs, they sound great.

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

check out soundsplinter subs..

http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp_pre...subwoofer.html

a pair of the rl-p 15's will run u a little over the $400 ($459)..but these are a awesome sql woofer!! i am running a single rl-p 12 in my wife's 04 grand prix off a nemesis nx750d....it is awesome! the sq is better then anything i have ever owned and it gets plenty loud(enuff so my wife won't hardly turn the amp on) to rattle just about everything. and i'm running it in 1.25ft^3.....these things get low (can only imagine how low a 15 could go..lol), handle transitions easily and like i said..get loud!

to top all that off, [email protected] , is just about the coolest guy u will talk to...also check out http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/f...p?showforum=41 , soundsplinters official forum, mike checks in there regularly (also, less bs then here)...

if u email mike, he will get back to ya quick, not months later (like a certain company who has yet to answer my email, 6 months later..re) and answer ur questions thourghly and honestly.

it's well worth the time to check them out!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
    Your circles look like something a HMO doctor would do to a **** job ....
    ^^^ speaking about cbfryman's jigsaw ability

owner of Thread posts 11111 & 12345

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

denim is online now SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

kent we should become SS reps

CarAudio.com mod(original)

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denim
    kent we should become SS reps

lol......

u've seen the unofficial spokesman for Wendy's commercials? that's me for soundsplinter...lmao!!

i've talked to mike about it...it might be happening soon...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
    Your circles look like something a HMO doctor would do to a **** job ....
    ^^^ speaking about cbfryman's jigsaw ability

owner of Thread posts 11111 & 12345

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

denim is online now SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrray13
    lol......

u've seen the unofficial spokesman for Wendy's commercials? that's me for soundsplinter...lmao!!

i've talked to mike about it...it might be happening soon...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee
    well if I run SS for next season then I am on it too

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Closed Thread