Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Low Pass Filter question for subs? PLZ Help

Hi

i have a MA Audio 1800w X-series mono block amp pushing 2 Audiobahn 10inch aluminum subwoofers in a small sealed box. I am wondering what i should set the low pass filter at for the subs? Is 350hz to much? I also have boston acoustic pro series 4 inch components in the front and mb quart premium series 5 1/2's in the back. Both sets of speakers are running off a 75x4 audio bahn amp. I was also wondering what would be a good place to set the high pass filter at for the both sets of these speakers? would 80-120hz be okay? Thx for the help i just want to have it sounding its best.

dreamer is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Seeing that you don't have a whole lot of mid-bass capability with your components, I'd recommend crossing your subwoofer at 100-120 Hz low pass. Normally you'd want to cross it over at 80 Hz so you don't mess up the imaging of the sound, but, you'll have a hole in your frequency response if you cross it over at 80 Hz. Most people don't actually listen to music and listen for the "image" of the sound. As far as high pass goes, cross it over at whatever you decide to low pass your subwoofers. There's nothing more grating to me than hearing distorted bass coming from rear fill or components. I hope I helped. = )

DEX-P9 (headunit)
    DEQ-P9 (30band eq L/R, time alignment, 36dB/oct 4 way crossover)
    Soundstream Tarantula (for subs)
    Precision Power PCX-4125 (for horns and midbasses)
    Image Dynamics CD2 comp mini horns
    Scan-Speak 7" 18W/5535A midbasses
    Subs still pending.

Closed Thread

User Tag List