Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Which would you guys' RECOMMEND?

del
    del is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Which would you guys' RECOMMEND?

I plan on getting some 6 1/2 components for my fronts and some 6 X 9 speakers for my rear and I finally came down to these couple speakers. I would also like to get a very good amp that would power these as much as possible and hopefully some subs in the future. My budget is $2000 the most..give and take a few. I have a '94 Accord LX coupe and was thinking about going with either the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components or the Polk Audio MOMO's MM465 components. I know that they are around the same price range and that is why I pretty much am gonna go with either one of these. I heard that the POLK MOMO components are over-rated. But, that was just from one person. I would like to go with the best possible one for the buck. So, please let me know what you guys' think of either one.
    I would also like to change out my rear speakers as well and am planning to go with 6 X 9's if they fit...'cuz I have been told that I can either go with 6 1/2's or 6 X 9's. And a friend of mine told me to go with 6 X 9's. So that's what I'm planning on doing, not unless any of you guys' would disagree with that and think I should just go with a
    6 1/2. So these are the models that I am looking into for the 6 X 9's:

1. Infinity Kappa 693.5i
    2. Alpine Type R SPR-694A
    3. Kenwood Excelon KFC-X698
    4. Kenwood Excelon KFC-XR901

Which would you guys' recommend out of these? I would also like to get a real nice amp to power both the 6 1/2 components and the 6 X 9's. What would you guys' recommend for an amp? Would it better to get two separate two channel amps or just one 4-channel amp? Please be specific on the amp model # if you can since there are so many out there in the market. Also, do you guys' know where I can find any of these for a real good price brand new and not refurbished...say on the internet or a car audio shop in Southern California?

rsflores is offline just tryin to live,life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    BOTH THE PREFECTS AND MOMOS SOUND GREAT TO ME
    LISTEN TO THEM BOTHH YOUR SELF THEN DECIDE
    AS FOR THE REAR YOU CAN GO 6.5 OR 6+9 PERSONALY
    I'D GO WITH THE 6.5S RUN THEM OFF THE HU .
    BUT ARE YOU AFTER SQ OR DO YOU JUST WANT TO JAM
    REGARLESS. GO WITH WHAT SOUND GOOD TO YOU..
    HOPE YOU FIND THAT WHICH YOU SEEK..

-------------------------------------

del
    del is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, I listen to mainly R&B and Rap music. I would like some good SQ for the R&B music, but also some bump when I put on the Rap music. What would recommend? I plan on getting some subs too...but not anytime soon.

Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    go with teh 6x9s in teh rear, especially if its going to be awhile for any subs....
    i ahve heard nuthin but great things about teh perfect comps as far as bang for buck.
    but some people dont like the tweeter, find it very harsh...
    listen to em both if you have the chance...
    6x9's -
    i was very impressed by the type R everythings!
    love the components, take a look at those too....

MSN - pnenis@hotmail.com
    Add me if you have any questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Teal
    I woke up one morning and found a cop at my door telling me he found my car on fire in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerupper View Post
    Some people have told me that the chrome reflects sunlight, therefore the amp doesn't get as hot as others. Is this true?

DynamicAudio is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Which would you guys' RECOMMEND?

Originally posted by del
    I plan on getting some 6 1/2 components for my fronts and some 6 X 9 speakers for my rear and I finally came down to these couple speakers. I would also like to get a very good amp that would power these as much as possible and hopefully some subs in the future. My budget is $2000 the most..give and take a few. I have a '94 Accord LX coupe and was thinking about going with either the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components or the Polk Audio MOMO's MM465 components. I know that they are around the same price range and that is why I pretty much am gonna go with either one of these. I heard that the POLK MOMO components are over-rated. But, that was just from one person. I would like to go with the best possible one for the buck. So, please let me know what you guys' think of either one.
    I would also like to change out my rear speakers as well and am planning to go with 6 X 9's if they fit...'cuz I have been told that I can either go with 6 1/2's or 6 X 9's. And a friend of mine told me to go with 6 X 9's. So that's what I'm planning on doing, not unless any of you guys' would disagree with that and think I should just go with a
    6 1/2. So these are the models that I am looking into for the 6 X 9's:

1. Infinity Kappa 693.5i
    2. Alpine Type R SPR-694A
    3. Kenwood Excelon KFC-X698
    4. Kenwood Excelon KFC-XR901

Which would you guys' recommend out of these? I would also like to get a real nice amp to power both the 6 1/2 components and the 6 X 9's. What would you guys' recommend for an amp? Would it better to get two separate two channel amps or just one 4-channel amp? Please be specific on the amp model # if you can since there are so many out there in the market. Also, do you guys' know where I can find any of these for a real good price brand new and not refurbished...say on the internet or a car audio shop in Southern California?
    Before you buy iether one of the speakers you are thinking about consider listening to the memphis copmonets I was so impressed that I switched from Xtants componets without thinking twice

Instalation does matter!!!

73dartcustom is offline American Muscle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a pair of rockford 6x9's from ebay and for the price they sound amazing with great bass.Here is a link to them on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...757108102&rd=1
    I have the fast and the furios model but these are the same thing
    Hope I can Help
    Jason B

Jason B.

73dartcustom is offline American Muscle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

here is a link to the ones I have
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

Jason B.

zachzchw is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

man, if you have $2000, you can do a VERY NICE setup, and a complete setup at that. Subs, comps, amps, everything.

Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And I'm sure he did... 3 years ago

MSN - pnenis@hotmail.com
    Add me if you have any questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Teal
    I woke up one morning and found a cop at my door telling me he found my car on fire in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerupper View Post
    Some people have told me that the chrome reflects sunlight, therefore the amp doesn't get as hot as others. Is this true?

noob with an RS is offline i poop on you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^ yea man.. i definitely agree.. i think if you've really got 2 G's to spend on your system you can raise the budget on your components more. i hope the price your looking at with those two component sets are 200.. cuz thats how much i got my infinity perfect 6.1 components for off ebay. in regards to them, i like them very much.. the best components i've ever owned. well actually theyre the only. haha that doesnt help much but i absolutley LOVE them except for one thing: they lack in lower midbass frequencies, but i dont think that should be a problem if you plan on getting subs.. or is it (i dont have subs yet)??as far as the tweeters go they dont bother me one bit like other people say.. they say they dont like it cuz they sound too harsh, but i think you've gotta be really picky to say that cuz i dont have a problem with how they sound.. they just lack that lower-end midbass. if i were to upgrade i would upgrade to the CDT HD-62.. or if i were to even upgrade from the HD-62's i would go with DLS or rainbow. although i havent heard the MOMO's perform i would say go with infinity perfects becuz i've heard so much good things about them in comparison to the MOMOs.. dont think i've heard a significant amount of good reviews about them. but i havent heard bad about them either.

DBfan187 is offline Supa's mom was here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbread
    And I'm sure he did... 3 years ago
    LOL

Closed Thread