User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need Expert Advice on the Best Component for the buck???

del
    del is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Expert Advice on the Best Component for the buck???

I'm planning on getting a set of 6 1/2" components, but since they are so expensive I would like to get some expert advice from peeps out there on the best 6 1/2" components for the buck before I go ahead and spend my whole month's pay check on some very expensive components that I have no feedback on. I am looking for a component that has very good sound quality if not the best and high RMS for the buck. I am looking into the following components and please feel free to give me your expert advice and any recommendations on others not listed would be appreciated.

1. Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

2. Kenwood KFC-XR61p

3. MB Quart QSD216

4. MB Quart QM218.61Q

5. Polk Audio MM465 MOMO series

6. Boston Acoustics ProSeries 6.5

7. Diamond Audio S6.0mx3

8. Diamond Audio S600a / S600s

Please give me your feedback on which is the best for the buck out of all of these components. If there are any better 6 1/2" components then these please let me know. I would also like to know what amp would be best to use for the 6 1/2" component?

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cdt and jl and focal all are great real good component amp jl audio 300/2 and memphis studio 300 oh image dynamics also
    Last edited by audiolife; 05-21-2002 at 03:43 PM.

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

wesleysh is offline Senior VIP w/large Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Infinity's aren't the best speakers up there, but dollar for dollar I'd have to say they are. You can get them for around $270 or so at ikesound.com.
    I define BEST as a speaker that can go extremely high in volume and maintain a very musical degree of clarity and seperation. They also have to be able to reproduce lower frequencies, 100hz and below, and not poop out. Lil Johnny's "Bia Bia" can make a low quality speaker scream for mercy really quick.
    Some people will tell you which one "sounds" the best. How is someone supposed to tell you what your going to like the best. Every speaker has its own tendency to sound a certain way, and just because its tendency doesn't match what you like doesn't make it a bad speaker, as long as you have the tools to tweek it into one that you like.
    All of the speakers listed above have the ability to be tweeked over an extremely wide spectrum of tastes, which is what makes them so expensive. Of the ones you listed, the Bostons probably have the highest power handling and the MoMo's are usually overpriced, just FYI. And the MB Quart QSD's are supposed to be better than the QM's, but I can't tell.
    Other top components to look at while we're dropping names is Focal, Dynaudio, Oz Audio and Alpine.
    You would want and amp rated at least 100-150 watts per channel. Precision Power, Orion and Phoenix Gold are all great amps, but you'll pay more for their added features and their good reputations. The JL 300/2 would be a great value for that much power.

I'm never wrong, EVER! Just ask me.

Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    check out the alpine type R's comps, great sounding,

MSN - [email protected]
    Add me if you have any questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Teal
    I woke up one morning and found a cop at my door telling me he found my car on fire in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerupper View Post
    Some people have told me that the chrome reflects sunlight, therefore the amp doesn't get as hot as others. Is this true?

Closed Thread