Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help Me! (Expert Advice Needed)

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help Me! (Expert Advice Needed)

This is a pretty complicated question, so all novices can stop reading now.

I'm trying to configure my Ranger for sound quality, and I'm in the process of replacing my entire system with a new Pioneer DEH-P7300 head unit, and Cadence Audio speakers and amps. This is what I've chosen so far:

Cadence QXR-7 3-Way Electronic Crossover w/ Built-in 7v Line Driver

Cadence Q-3000 2 Channel Stereo Amp (1x300 @ 4 ohms)

Cadence Z-6000 6 Channel Stereo Amp (6x75 @ 4 ohms)

1 Cadence UD12 12" Subwoofer
    (Function: Bass (30-120HZ), Location: Between Seats)

2 Cadence ZXN52 5.25" 2-Way Coaxel Speakers
    ( Function: Upper Midrange (800-8kHZ), Location: Doors)

2 Cadence ZXN6K 6.5" Component Speakers
    (Function: Midbass (120-800HZ), Location: Undecided)

2 Cadence CT30 3/4" Swivel Tweeters (Function: Highs (5k-22kHZ), Location: Undecided)

My question is where should I put the 6.5" components and the 3/4" tweeters for maximum SQ.? I can't put any speakers in the kick panels, because of space limitations. I was thinking of putting the 6.5's in a sealed enclosure between the seats where the amp is currently located ( members.sounddomain.com/pimpranger95 ). If I do this, the speakers will share a common chamber with roughly .30 cubic feet of airspace. Will this hurt the speakers? My idea was to put the tweets in either the A-pillars or somewhere on the dash, but I don't know if that's the best place for them. Also, just for reference, I plan on using the same sub box that you see in that picture.

I am new to the world of SQ systems, but I know that location of speakers makes a huge difference in how they sound. Any help with the positioning of these speakers is definatly appreciated.

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, idealy you'd want your components in kicks. The pathlength from right to left speakers is optimal for excellent staging and imaging. If you can't do it there, midbass is otherwise most effective in a door, facing perpendicular to you. Your tweets are best mounted on a pillar, or high up on the dash, with an equal pathlength to the midbass drivers.
    Last edited by Mark_ab; 05-20-2002 at 05:09 PM.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

jtmoney is offline i DiDn'T dO iT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mark_ab
    idealy you'd want your components in kicks...
    thats what i was gonna say, but what about directly in front of the seat on the floor, where the pedals are supposed to be, makes for an interesting install. did some with infinity uni-planes way back.sounded great.

imral3 is offline Sponge Bob Rules !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    taking into consideration that you will be installing coax in the doors it will be safe to mount your tweets on the dash (like mine). having the seperate tweets on the dash elevates the sound stage and having coax in the doors provides even coverage. try mounting the 6.5 midbass drivers in sealed boxes under the seat facing forward towards your feet and slightly up. imaging is not as important with the midbass as with the tweets especially since you have the coax in the doors to tie everything together.

my two cents...

good luck and good listening!

L8r

Closed Thread