Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Hello Everyone Audiobahn ALUM15Q

Dragonknell is offline Computers B4 I Could Read

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello Everyone Audiobahn ALUM15Q

Hello everyone! this is my first time posting. I am currently running a single lightning audio 300watt amp! dont you wish that was yours! not. It was running two lightning audio subs, but my hu blaupunkt 200 watt, would cause the amp too shut off when the volume was turned up too high (high quality ), my cousin gave me his old subs, two xpl's theyre older, and run at m 200-600 watts rms. Im currently only running one due to my high quality amp. I recently purchased two brand new LEGACY 1200 watt subs.
    specs:
    1) 12” Subwoofer
    4 Ohm Impedance
    2.5” Dual Voice Coil
    60+60 Oz. Magnet
    1200 Watt Rated Power
    anyways before anyone freaks out that i actualy bought this garbage and admitted it, they went for 1$ a piece

anyways, im getting a "real" sub, im only getting this for LOUDNESS not quality I dont have that much money yet. This sub is going for 100$, brand new

Audiobahn ALUM15Q
    Subwoofer Specifications

* Size: 15 inch
    * Rec. Sealed Box Dims: 1.50 - 3.00 cu.ft.
    * Rec. Ported Box Dims: 1.60 - 3.50 cu.ft.
    * Free Air Usage: not recommended
    * Sensitivity: 96.4 dB
    * Frequency Response: 18-500 Hz
    * Recommended RMS Power: 1100W
    * Peak Power Handling: 2200W
    * Impedance: dual 6 ohms subwoofer wiring options

Features

* Optimized for Maximum Sound Quality
    * PHAT 1.75” EPDM Rubber Surround
    * 120 oz. Magnet
    * Spun Aluminum Cone
    * Bolt-Tight Cast Flame Basket
    * Multi-Connect Lug-Lock Terminals
    * Mounting Depth: 5 5/8”
    * Hole Cutout: 11 1/8”
    * Outer Diameter: 12 3/4”
    I have'nt bought this sub yet, and was wondering what does everyone think of this? dont really care for the quality, just how loud it is.

Obviously im also going to need an amp, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions and what how many watts i should run it at, since this isnt really the main topic of the post, hopefuly thats alright. Thanks to everyone who read this, and any and all suggestions would be very helpful.

Im expecting this thing to shake my truck my previous single xpl 10" made my rear view mirror rattle an inch from its original position, when a real low note hit.

Also im going to need an enclosure, and will post about that, in the right forum.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sub Enclosure

Haha well i guess this is the place to post about enclosures also!
    I need a sub box for my 15", i have a '98 xlt Ford Explorer, with a unused trunk. There is "plenty" of room back there i generaly dont use it for anything. This will be the first box i've ever built. I've been looking at ported boxes, because i've head they're alot louder, even if they do cause the sub to "lag" behind or even miss notes. by the end of the summer ill have purchased my 69 eldarado, so i'll need to build a new box, and id prefer that one not to be the first i've built. Given the conditions (trunk of a truck) ive heard that the bigger and more ports, the louder its going to get. Any suggestions, on anything that would work or be cool would be greatly appreciated! (i have a home depot, radioshack, damman hardware, dilmon and upton all close)

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Re: Hello Everyone Audiobahn ALUM15Q

Go here to download WinISD: http://www.linearteam.dk/

If it doesn't already have your subwoofer in its listings, just add it manually via its theil/small perameters (should be able to find them thru audiobahn, or google). WinISD is a program that helps to design enclosures, sealed or ported. It will give a recommended enclosure size and tuning freq (tuning for ported), but you can play with the specs to see how it changes the response curve. very nice program, a must for do-it-yourselfers imo. Also, how well the ported enclosure sounds, or misses notes (frequencies really) depends on how you tune it. Tuning low (25-33hz) is generally for SQ, while much above that is for SPL. A ported enclosure's response curve will drop iff significantly below its tuning freq. So of course, the higher you tune it (for more SPL), the more lower end you will lose, its a trade off.

For an amp, Id recommend a Hifinics BX1000d. Cheap and reliable, class d amplifier. Here is an example of one from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...711610745&rd=1

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bumpy-doodle

odyssey350 is offline sho me ya ******* bit*he$

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i had 3 of the alum 10 subs and they pounded with only bout 300 watts goin 2 em i had a ol school rockford 800 briged at 4 ohms and it beat the hell out of em. and as for a amp man u might have a problem cause of the ohms on em them subs but i heard that audiobahn 800 intake amp it sounds pretty good and can prolly get it off ebay for bout 200 bucks or maybe lower it pushes 800 briged

Bobyota is offline sportin ancient wang

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I could watch odyssey's avatar all day long lol. My buddy has two Alum 10Q's, in about a 1.5ft sealed box. They are only getting 250w a piece, they seem like they need a lot more, they are barely moving. They get fairly loud though, but we both think they need more power, like 600-800 watts a piece. I've also read they really do their thing at higher power. Just fyi.

TomZ keren is offline TomZ keren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

don't use 15".it's better to use 12".why?if you use 12" for 2 u still can hear the mid and high frequencies, but if you use 15" use you won't hear that....u can use Audiobahn MONOBLOCK A100HCT for 2x12"...but if you want to use 15" u can go up to Audiobahn A5000...

but I suggest you to use Rockford Fosgate ore Kicker(Solo baric L7 for sub) for SPL...but for the amps you should go by rockford...but up to you...

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Buy a smaller sub so it can play higher frequencies subwoofers aren't meant to play anyway, at the loss of low end that it is meant to play?

Closed Thread