Re: 15" Rockford Punch HX2 acting funny...
1. Why the hell is that amp NOT bridged into the sub??? Bridge it NOW. With a severly underpowered amp like that you will need all of it's available power.
2. Turn the gain down
3. Check for leaks in all seams of the box
4. Check for leaks around the sub
5. Check for leaks from the screw holes in the sub's basket...
6. Check that the grounding wire to the amp is secure and is grounded to BARE metal - all paint MUST be scraped off.
1 volt = [1(kg)(meter^2)] / [(second^3)(ampere)]
1 watt = 1 joule / second
1 watt = (1 Newton)(meter) / second
1 watt = [1 kg/(second^2)] (meter) / second
simplifying we find:
1 watt = [1(kg)(meter)] / (second ^3)
P = (I)(V)
1 watt = (1 volt)(1ampere)
1 watt = ( [1(kg)(meter^2)] / [(second^3)(ampere)] )(1 ampere)
1 watt = [1(kg)(meter^2)] / (second^3)
And that is WHY Power is in the SI units of Watts. enjoy!